    being saved by the camera. And the photos that I'm moving have not been
    altered and many of them were taken with this same camera yesterday.

    Any idea why the camera is not recognizing the transfered image files?
    Minolta Man, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Minolta Man

    Stewy Guest

    "Minolta Man" <> wrote in message
    news:f2Tub.13910$...
    > I have tried unsuccessfully to transfer digital photos to my Minolta

    DiMAGE
    > F200 in the hopes of being able to then view them on the camera

    viewscreen.
    > However, everytime I transfer the jpgs to the current photo folder on the
    > camera's SD card, and then attempt to view them, the camera doesn't list
    > them.
    >
    > I'm definately copying these images to folder into which current photos

    are
    > being saved by the camera. And the photos that I'm moving have not been
    > altered and many of them were taken with this same camera yesterday.
    >
    > Any idea why the camera is not recognizing the transfered image files?

    Cameras are extremely sensitive in what they will display. If you've altered
    them, renamed them or even resized them they won't be displayable. The only
    way round it is to permanently keep them on your media 'locked' so when you
    delete the other photos, they don't go too.
    Stewy, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Minolta Man

    JMP Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:28:26 -0500, Minolta Man wrote:

    > I have tried unsuccessfully to transfer digital photos to my Minolta DiMAGE
    > F200 in the hopes of being able to then view them on the camera viewscreen.
    > However, everytime I transfer the jpgs to the current photo folder on the
    > camera's SD card, and then attempt to view them, the camera doesn't list
    > them.
    >
    > I'm definately copying these images to folder into which current photos are
    > being saved by the camera. And the photos that I'm moving have not been
    > altered and many of them were taken with this same camera yesterday.
    >
    > Any idea why the camera is not recognizing the transfered image files?

    I had the same problem and it seems to be the same with most other brands
    of cameras. For some reason they can only read their own pics.
    Jean.
    JMP, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Minolta Man

    Phil Guest

    It can be done but it is a pain. You need to emulate the camera's
    folder structure and file naming when you copy from PC to card.

    Phil

    Phil, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Minolta Man

    Minolta Man Guest

    Thanks for the replies. I did what you said and renamed the unaltered jpg
    files in the exact way the camera does it (PICT001.JPG, etc). The camera
    didn't display any of the jpgs taken by my Minolta ("can't be displayed")
    but it did display photos taken with my friends Canon S230 and Canon S400.

    Very weird.

    Anyway, I hope someone searching Google Groups for this info may find this
    useful.

    Minolta Man, Nov 23, 2003
  6. Minolta Man

    Phil Guest

    Did you build the directory structure on the card to emulate that of the
    camera and copy the files to the correct directory (vs. the root)?

    Phil

    Phil, Nov 23, 2003