transfering mail from outlook express

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob, Jul 8, 2004.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store Folder

    "alex" <> wrote in message
    news:CqaHc.118$...
    > where would the mail in outlook express be stored as i want to transfer

    tehm

    Bob, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Bob

    alex Guest

    alex, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Bob

    Paul - xxx Guest

    alex typed:
    > where would the mail in outlook express be stored as i want to transfer
    > tehm from one computer to another, via CD.

    Why not just use File - Export - Messages ...

    Then File - Import - Messages ...

    ??

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Bob

    alex Guest

    hi, I found the folder, but all it contains is the folders that the mail is
    it. do those files contain all the mail in those folders like they do in
    outlook express? and can I just copy this to a cd or floppy and copy it into
    the new computer?

    alex, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Bob

    Boomer Guest

    "alex" <> wrote:

    > where would the mail in outlook express be stored as i want to
    > transfer tehm from one computer to another, via CD.
    >
    > thanks in advance

    Backup and restore (OE/IE)
    How to Back Up and Recover Outlook Express Data
    This article describes how to back up and restore your messages,
    Address Book, mail accounts, and news accounts in OE 5 and later.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q270670

    Complete Clone Backup OE
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/clone.htm

    http://www.google.com/microsoft.html

    Boomer, Jul 8, 2004
  6. Bob

    Brian Guest

    "alex" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > no. what I meant was that when I got to the location where the mail is
    > stored I get set of DBX files displayed to me instead of the actual mail.
    > the file names of those DBX files are the same as those of the folders

    that
    > are used in outlook express. what I asking is that are the messages stored
    > in those files?
    >

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > > alex wrote:
    > > > hi, I found the folder, but all it contains is the folders that the

    mail
    > is
    > > > it. do those files contain all the mail in those folders like they do

    in
    > > > outlook express? and can I just copy this to a cd or floppy and copy

    it
    > into
    > > > the new computer?
    > > >

    > > You want to know if the mails in Outlook Express are stored in the same
    > > way as Outlook Express?
    > >

    > > > "Bob" <> wrote in message

    transfer

    but of course.. make a back up with
    http://www.outlook-express-backup.com/ (trial version) but it seems that
    you will only need it once... it creates an executable file which can be run
    on any windows pc... adress book e-mails and settings...

    Brian, Jul 8, 2004
  7. Bob

    Paul - xxx Guest

    alex typed:
    > because it only exports it to Microsoft outlook and Microsoft exchange. I
    > want to copy it to a cd or a floppy and put them on a new computer as the
    > one im using is going to be sold to someone else soon.

    XP, Start - Programs - Accessories - System files - Files and settings
    transfer wizard ..

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Jul 8, 2004

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 8, 2004
  9. Bob

    alex Guest

    alex, Jul 8, 2004
  10. Bob