    What is the easiest way to transfer everything over to my new PC?
    Thanks
    mal
    malicet, Oct 23, 2004

  2. malicet wrote:
    > I Just bought a new XP home.
    > I have an older XP home that has all my files & folders & documents etc.
    > What is the easiest way to transfer everything over to my new PC?
    > Thanks
    > mal

    Either network them together or pull the hard drive out of the old
    machine and make it a slave drive in the new machine long enough to
    transfer files.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 23, 2004

  3. malicet

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| malicet wrote:
    >| > I Just bought a new XP home.
    >| > I have an older XP home that has all my files & folders &
    >| > documents etc. What is the easiest way to transfer everything over
    >| > to my new PC? Thanks
    >| > mal
    >|
    >| Either network them together or pull the hard drive out of the old
    >| machine and make it a slave drive in the new machine long enough to
    >| transfer files.

    Just to help clarify these options, if you network them, you can run the
    "File and Settings Transfer Wizard". If you put the old HD in as slave, you
    have to manually locate and move your data files, and your email, address
    book, Internet favorites, etc...much of which will have to be set up again.
    (I prefer the transfer method myself.)

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Oct 23, 2004