    I have purchased a new pc and wish to transfer a lot of small files.

    Can I do this with a USB to USB cable or will I need a USB pen drive?

    Regards

    newman, Dec 30, 2004

  2. newman

    Saba Guest

    "newman" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    |I have purchased a new pc and wish to transfer a lot of small files.
    |
    | Can I do this with a USB to USB cable or will I need a USB pen drive?

    usb pen drive or a cross cable on your network ports..
    USB pen is easier..

    Saba, Dec 30, 2004

  3. newman

    Dan DiNicolo Guest

    You could go either way. However, a "regular" USB cable won't do the job,
    you need a null modem USB cable (or a regular null modem cable for that
    matter) to do the transfer. If you're looking at it as in one or the other,
    the USB pen drive will come in much more handy in the long term.

    http://www.lpt.com/HowToChoose/howtochoose.htm

    Dan
    --
    Dan DiNicolo
    MCSE, CCNP, CCDA

    Dan DiNicolo, Dec 30, 2004
  4. newman

    Saba Guest

    "newman" <> schreef in bericht
    |I have purchased a new pc and wish to transfer a lot of small files.
    |
    | Can I do this with a USB to USB cable or will I need a USB pen drive?

    you can also place the W98 hard disk as a slave in your XP PC, then you can
    copy directly from disk to disk

    Saba, Dec 30, 2004
  5. newman

    Ron Martell Guest

    newman <> wrote:

    >I have purchased a new pc and wish to transfer a lot of small files.
    >
    >Can I do this with a USB to USB cable or will I need a USB pen drive?
    >
    >Regards

    Regardless of which physical method you use to move the data between
    the two PCs you should consider using the "Files and Settings Transfer
    Wizard" that comes with Windows XP to collect the data from the
    Windows 98 PC and then to put it into place on the new machine.

    Using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard by Gary Woodruff:
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --