    TIA
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jun 25, 2007

  2. Martin²

    BC Guest

    Martin² wrote:
    > I have just relinquished my BT fax No. (as part of a plan to move away from
    > BT)
    > and would like to transfer the number to Sipgate or other VoIP.
    > Sipgate help pages still (?) say that it can't be done, but I thought that
    > it is now possible ?
    > Anyone in the know ?
    > TIA
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    Voip.co.uk can port in from BT, my number ported last Friday. There is
    no charge for the port but if you want your BT number as your outgoing
    Caller ID they charge £5 + VAT to set that up.

    BC, Jun 25, 2007

  3. Martin²

    News Reader Guest

    "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    >I have just relinquished my BT fax No. (as part of a plan to move away from
    >BT)
    > and would like to transfer the number to Sipgate or other VoIP.
    > Sipgate help pages still (?) say that it can't be done, but I thought that
    > it is now possible ?
    > Anyone in the know ?
    > TIA
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    Hi,

    I hope you haven't over relinquished it... the line must still be active
    when the port takes place (as I understand it - and this should then cancel
    the line the port came from but this part is not guaranteed).

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Jun 25, 2007
  4. Martin²

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Martin² wrote :
    > I have just relinquished my BT fax No. (as part of a plan to move away from
    > BT)
    > and would like to transfer the number to Sipgate or other VoIP.
    > Sipgate help pages still (?) say that it can't be done, but I thought that it
    > is now possible ?
    > Anyone in the know ?
    > TIA
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    When you say you have relinquished the number - what exactly do you
    mean?

    In order to take the number to somewhere like voip.co.uk, the line must
    be working & have no pending cease orders for them to be able to
    process a port.

    Furthermore, I would suggest keeping it as a BT line if you want to be
    able to continue sending & receiving faxes on this number.

    Jono, Jun 25, 2007
  5. Martin²

    Martin² Guest

    Had a response from Sipgate, it's still NOT possible :-(
    I thought they are getting their No.s from Magrathea who can get ex BT No.s
    , ah well..
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jun 29, 2007
  6. Martin² wrote:
    > Had a response from Sipgate, it's still NOT possible :-(
    > I thought they are getting their No.s from Magrathea who can get ex BT No.s
    > , ah well..
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    AFAIK, magrathea still can't port BT numbers (am I wrong?), voip.co.uk
    resell Gamma Telecom, who can.

    (Gradwell also use Gamma Telecom for porting numbers but don't use them
    for their regular geographic numbers).

    Thomas Kenyon, Jul 21, 2007
  7. Martin²

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    message news:N5koi.207$
    > Martin² wrote:
    > > Had a response from Sipgate, it's still NOT possible :-(
    > > I thought they are getting their No.s from Magrathea
    > > who can get ex BT No.s , ah well..
    > > Regards,
    > > Martin
    > >

    > AFAIK, magrathea still can't port BT numbers (am I
    > wrong?), voip.co.uk resell Gamma Telecom, who can.
    >
    > (Gradwell also use Gamma Telecom for porting numbers but
    > don't use them for their regular geographic numbers).

    As an aside, is it possible to port a Gradwell number to Sipgate..? I have
    a single line account with them that hasn't seen much use in recent months
    so it seems silly to keep paying the monthly fee. The number comes from
    Magrathea, in fact it's only a few digits away from another Sipgate number
    I have, so I can't see why it wouldn't couldn't be done.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 21, 2007