    Please describe the steps, or if there is a link to the process, please post
    it for me.

    Thanks

    StuLogan, Nov 24, 2007

  2. StuLogan

    Guest

    On Nov 23, 9:46 pm, "StuLogan" <logansrun@2009gmailcom> wrote:
    > I have setup my WindowsXP on an EIDE hardrive which I want to replace. Can I
    > (within Windows) transfer my c: drive to a partition on my new SATA drive,
    > and have the system boot from the SATA after I remove the EIDE?
    >
    > Please describe the steps, or if there is a link to the process, please post
    > it for me.
    >
    > Thanks

    I think you might have to just reinstall windows on the SATA. I have
    never heard of transferring windows around, though I don't claim to be
    an expert

    , Nov 24, 2007

  3. StuLogan wrote:

    > I have setup my WindowsXP on an EIDE hardrive which I want to replace. Can
    > I (within Windows) transfer my c: drive to a partition on my new SATA
    > drive, and have the system boot from the SATA after I remove the EIDE?
    >
    > Please describe the steps, or if there is a link to the process, please
    > post it for me.

    From my experience, you can do this (might require re-activation though):
    Add the necessary drivers for your sata chip
    clear the "mountedDevices" for your harddrive in the registry
    clone (ghost from a bootfloppy or whatever)
    reboot to bios setup
    turn off ahci or native sata mode (performance loss is negelectable)
    change boot order to sata-first
    pray

    wisdomkiller & pain, Nov 24, 2007
  4. StuLogan

    Ken Guest

    "StuLogan" <logansrun@2009gmailcom> wrote in message
    >I have setup my WindowsXP on an EIDE hardrive which I want to replace. Can
    >I (within Windows) transfer my c: drive to a partition on my new SATA
    >drive, and have the system boot from the SATA after I remove the EIDE?
    >
    > Please describe the steps, or if there is a link to the process, please
    > post it for me.
    >
    > Thanks

    I used the freeware version of XXCLONE to do exactly what you're asking.
    www.xxclone.com

    Ken, Nov 24, 2007
  5. StuLogan

    Plato Guest

    StuLogan wrote:

    > I have setup my WindowsXP on an EIDE hardrive which I want to replace. Can I
    > (within Windows) transfer my c: drive to a partition on my new SATA drive,
    > and have the system boot from the SATA after I remove the EIDE?

    One can try:

    http://www.xxclone.com/

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/