    for some of the stuff I want to move. Is there a program
    that can do this for me?

    , Oct 23, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > I just got a new computer. What I want to do is to
    > transfer the programs and files from the old computer
    > to the new one.
    >
    > I do have one problem. I don't have the install programs
    > for some of the stuff I want to move. Is there a program
    > that can do this for me?

    Not the programs. You need the install discs. If you don't have them, you're
    probably out of luck. Next time, don't use someone else's software, or take
    better care of your install discs.

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 23, 2005

  3. Guest

    Not that I know of.
    I just moved most of my files and programs from an XP to an XP Pro, and
    most of my programs moved ok. Several did not.
    You might want to install, run and then print a copy of Belaric
    Advisor, first.
    It will list all of your serial numbers and subscription numbers of
    everything on your computer. I found it very helpfull. I used Aloha Bob
    to trans all my data. I tried another program first and it was a
    failure, and I hated it. It was called IntellMove or something.
    Good Luck!
    donnalynne
    Oh, forgot to mention, these two programs said in the directions, that
    they could not and were not allowed to move the operating
    system, so I hope you have the CD's or DVD of the Windows OS.

    , Oct 23, 2005
  4. Donald Guest

    copy your registry

    Donald, Oct 23, 2005