    my hard drive to my memory card. The computer does not allow me to do
    this.
    Can anyone tell my why and is there a way to get around this?????

    marion, Aug 31, 2003

  2. marion

    Tumbleweed Guest

    "marion" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > For the purpose of transferring dig photos for instruction classes,
    > instead of burning to a CD I have tried to transfer photos back from
    > my hard drive to my memory card. The computer does not allow me to do
    > this.
    > Can anyone tell my why and is there a way to get around this?????

    Is the memory card in a card reader or in a camera?

    --
    Tumbleweed

    newsgroups)

    Tumbleweed, Aug 31, 2003

  3. marion

    Scott Coutts Guest

    marion wrote:
    > For the purpose of transferring dig photos for instruction classes,
    > instead of burning to a CD I have tried to transfer photos back from
    > my hard drive to my memory card. The computer does not allow me to do
    > this.
    > Can anyone tell my why and is there a way to get around this?????

    Hi Marion!

    Can you give some more information please? What kind of computer?
    What kind of memory card and what kind of reader are you using? When
    you say that your computer 'does not allow' you to put them back
    onto the card, do you mean that the functionality isn't there, or
    that it is giving you some kind of error message?

    Bye!

    Scott Coutts, Aug 31, 2003
  4. i can go into my computer, and there will be a new hard drive for the
    camera.

    I can drag and drop photos or any other files onto this hard drive

    Bite My Bubbles, Aug 31, 2003
  5. marion

    Stephen Guest

    output to memory card! this is possible with image mixer for all sony cams.
    Or you should have someway to export the pics back to the stick.

    Stephen

    Stephen, Aug 31, 2003
  6. << For the purpose of transferring dig photos for instruction classes,
    instead of burning to a CD I have tried to transfer photos back from
    my hard drive to my memory card. The computer does not allow me to do
    this.
    Can anyone tell my why and is there a way to get around this????? >>

    Marion-

    Some reasons this might occur are:

    1. The memory card is full and space is not available for additionsl photos.
    To get around it, re-initialize the card.

    2. The memory card is write-protected. For example, SD cards have a small
    switch on them and Smart Media cards come with small metalic discs that stick
    onto a spot marked by a circle that is the same size as the disc. To get
    around it, reset the switch or remove the disc.

    3. Another possibility is that there might be something wrong with the photos
    on your hard drive that prevents them from being copied. To get around this,
    you may only need to start over with another set of photos.

    4. Is it possible you actually succeeded in transfering the photos back to the
    card, but not where the camera expects them to be? I've seen a couple of
    cameras that stored photos inside a folder that was inside another folder. If
    yours is like that, the folder names must be correct for the camera to know
    where to look, and photos may need to have the proper file name format.

    If you provide more information about your setup and error messages, someone
    else may have had the same problem and can help further.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Aug 31, 2003