    hard drive then move it onto the new hard drive? ... if this is so, how do
    you do it?

    Howie

    Howie, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Howie

    Howie Guest

    I am also wondering... could one connect a new hard drive (with windows
    installed on it to boot from as C: drive) then just find the e.g.
    "excel.exe" file on the old hard drive and shortcut to that excel.exe on the
    new hard drive... does this make sense?

    Howie

    Howie, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Howie

    Wizard Guest

    No, there are hundreds of entries in the registry that must be made by
    the install disks.

    Wizard, Oct 22, 2004
  4. Howie

    Jerry G. Guest

    From our experience the best way is to re-install it from scratch on the
    new hard disk, and then re-register it again.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Oct 22, 2004