    cannot locate the cable or the drivers for the cable. And I attempted to use
    PCMover by iolo, but it does not support the 64-bit system.
    Is it possible to do such a transfer and how?
    Question Mark?, Mar 8, 2008

  2. No, it is not.

    I assume you are using the WET Companion
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...-ADFC-786786E73E50&displaylang=en&clcid=0x409
    not WET itself.

    The notes for the WET Companion are explicit that only transfers from XP to
    Vista are supported. Vista to Vista is not. As it says on the Download
    Details page, "Easy Transfer Companion only transfers programs from a
    Windows XP-based PC to a Windows Vista-based PC."

    And again, under system requirements,

    "System Requirements
    Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista; Windows XP
    Two physical PCs. The old PC must be running Windows XP SP2 and the new PC
    must be running Windows Vista – both in U.S. English."

    You can use WET itself to transfer your files and settings from Vista to
    Vista (x86 to x64 is supported) but you will have to reinstall your apps.

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 8, 2008

  3. I made a mistake the program PCMover is by LapLink.
    Question Mark?, Mar 8, 2008
  4. Better use the Live Chat support option. The FAQ and the knowledgebase did
    not yeild any results on this issue.

    The issue might be that the software needs to move programs to the Program
    Files (x86) folder rather than the expected Program Files folder. It also
    needs to handle the x64 registry correctly.

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 8, 2008
  5. Question Mark?

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Question Mark?:
    As Colin noted that when migrating 32-bit to or from 64-bit the
    programs have to be re-installed because of conflicts with program files and
    program files (x86), XP 32-bit doesn't know that program files (x86) exists.
    After the programs are installed PCsync works for transferring the files
    using a crossover RJ45 cable (NIT cable) creating a local network. Have a
    great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64