    way to hook both together so I can transfer files from the desk top to
    the lap top?

    Thanks
    Duperman, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Duperman

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Duperman said:

    > I have a lap top and desk top each running Win 2000. What is the easiest
    > way to hook both together so I can transfer files from the desk top to
    > the lap top?
    >
    > Thanks

    JHC, can't you do a simple search to find out if/when this question was last
    asked?

    Serial cable, using both printer ports.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Duperman

    tim Guest

    > Duperman said:
    >
    > > I have a lap top and desk top each running Win 2000. What is the easiest
    > > way to hook both together so I can transfer files from the desk top to
    > > the lap top?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > JHC, can't you do a simple search to find out if/when this question was

    last
    > asked?
    >
    > Serial cable, using both printer ports.

    Isn't printer ports parallel?
    tim, Dec 31, 2003
  4. Duperman

    Brian H¹© Guest

    tim said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Duperman said:
    >>
    >>> I have a lap top and desk top each running Win 2000. What is the easiest
    >>> way to hook both together so I can transfer files from the desk top to
    >>> the lap top?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> JHC, can't you do a simple search to find out if/when this question was last
    >> asked?
    >>
    >> Serial cable, using both printer ports.
    >>

    > Isn't printer ports parallel?

    Parallel, serial, whatever.

    --
    A cable that connects the 2 pc's via the printer ports.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003
  5. Duperman

    Harrison Guest

    If they both have network cards, use a crossover cable.
    Google it.

    Harrison, Dec 31, 2003