    I am about to replace my computer. Is it possible to replace the data from
    my hard disc to the new one. I have software that I do not have the backing
    discs for as they are not issued with new computers any more.

    Jim Cummings, Mar 19, 2008

  2. Hi
    Hard Disk Drive can be cloned. (
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/ ).
    However if the new computer's hardware is different it might Not work, or
    and, would need OS repair, and drivers upgrade to make it work.
    If Windows is OEM and hardware is changed than it might a violation of the
    EULA to move it to new hardware.
    Some 3rd party applications might be also depended on the current
    installation and would Not work either.
    It is impossible to cover all angle of such process via Newsgroup;
    professional help might provide better solution.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 19, 2008

  3. Jim Cummings <> wrote:
    > I am about to replace my computer. Is it possible to replace the data
    > from my hard disc to the new one. I have software that I do not have
    > the backing discs for as they are not issued with new computers any
    > more.

    Hi - this is not the most relevant group for your question, as it's a
    wireless networking group. I suggest you look at www.acronis.com - get a
    copy of TrueImage Workstation with the Universal Restore option. Note that
    for future questions such as this you're better off posting in a group for
    your operating system.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Mar 19, 2008