Transcript Update timings and certification planner tool

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZmZvZWc=?=, Jun 24, 2006.

  1. Can anyone advise when credential information is updated as compared to exam
    results?
    I have recently passed the last of what I believe to be the requirements for
    MCSE 2000:Security i.e.
    299 Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server
    2003 Network
    350 Implementing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server
    2004
    298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
    240 Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Accelerated Exam for MCPs Certified on
    Microsoft® Windows NT® 4.0

    My transcript shows the 299 exam but does not reflect the addition of the
    security designation. When is the designation likely to be added or have I
    misunderstood the requirements?

    Additionally, although the requirements web site shows 298, 299 & 350 are
    valid for mcse 2000 security, the certification planning tool does not. Can
    anyone clarify this for me?

    Regards

    =?Utf-8?B?ZmZvZWc=?=, Jun 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZmZvZWc=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    My Transcript was usually updated within 1-2 days of giving the exam.

    Cerebrus, Jun 24, 2006

  3. thanks for the reply - I was more questioning the apparent delay between the
    transcript registering the exam (which happened within 24hrs) and updating my
    cerification level (which didn't happen\hasn't happened at the same time)

    =?Utf-8?B?ZmZvZWc=?=, Jun 24, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZmZvZWc=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    ffoeg wrote:
    > thanks for the reply - I was more questioning the apparent delay between the
    > transcript registering the exam (which happened within 24hrs) and updating my
    > cerification level (which didn't happen\hasn't happened at the same time)
    >
    > "Cerebrus" wrote:
    >
    > > My Transcript was usually updated within 1-2 days of giving the exam.

    Well, there should be no apparent delay between the depicting the exam,
    and updating the certification level. If you've confirmed from the
    certification page, that your certification level should be upgraded by
    this exam, I don't see any reason for it, not to update in the
    Certification planner.

    Possibly someone else who has experienced a similar situation can help
    you here...

    Cerebrus, Jun 24, 2006
  5. My exam data is usually updated by the next day. The addition of my MCSA
    credential took another day or two AFTER the addition of my final exam. I
    suspect the exams are added automatically but the actual certification
    levels (MCSA, etc) you have to wait until someone verifies the
    requirements... but I may be wrong.

    --
    Certifications:
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MOS Master, Security+, Network+, A+

    Darth Windows, Jun 24, 2006
  6. That looks about right. Often it takes a day or so after your exam to shows
    up on your transcript before the new Certification or Designator.

    If it doesn't pop up quick email mcphelp@microsoft

    --
    ..rev - mct.mcngp.44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 24, 2006
  7. I passed 70-292 this thursday and on friday both exam and new cert level was
    on transcript.
    As other replies in the thread, give it a couple of days to show up or
    contact if it doesn't.

    The cert planner tool is a nice feature, but maybe a little bit buggy.
    When I'm checking the security specializations the security group shows some
    empty placeholders, which maybe should contain the missing 2003-exams when
    comparing to the requirements website.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVucmlrIEpvaGFuc3Nvbg==?=, Jun 24, 2006
  8. Reply from MS indicates some problem with recognising this particular
    certification path. Should be rectified in a few days

    =?Utf-8?B?ZmZvZWc=?=, Jun 29, 2006