    Measure Up tends to cover a lot more stuff not in the book.

    I wanted to know mainly to guage my progress and give me a better idea of
    what I need to be looking more closely at.
    Marc, Feb 21, 2007

  2. I use MeasureUP, LearnKey CBT and CBTNuggets, the MSPress book
    questions/Labs and ExamCram2 questions. You can even do an online
    assessment. The more questions the better. Build a bank of questions and
    study them. The more you learn the greater the chance you pass. Knowledge is
    Power, the Power to Pass!

    Ramon

    Ramon De Bruijn, Feb 21, 2007

  3. Very true. However, to give my opinion on the subject:

    I rarely use practice test anymore. During my time of studying for an
    exam using practice tests, I became disappointed with incorrect answers
    and questions that were beyond the scope of the objectives of the exam I
    was studying for. Now if I use a practice test, I use it strictly to
    condition my mind and body to sit and actually take the exam. Sometimes
    I am in and out of an exam in 45 minutes. Other exam require the entire
    time. You see, I have an issue with sitting there for the allotted
    amount of time and answering question after question after question. The
    practice tests condition my nerves to take the punishment so to speak. I
    even stopped looking at the score when finished with practice exams.
    They just do not matter to me. I am not studying to pass the practice
    exams, I am studying to take the actual exam. Just because you fail a
    practice exam does not necessarily mean you are going to fail the actual
    exam. Think about this. When you take a practice exam, you are in YOUR
    surroundings; so you are sort of comfortable. Perhaps too comfortable???
    Meaning lackadaisical... The thing about an exam that makes you step up
    and concentrate is that you do not want to fail. So while sitting the
    actual exam you will be more aware. I have taken practice exams at home
    and work in the past only to have the kids running around, phone
    ringing, the wife wanting to go somewhere, etc... Yeah, that is
    concentrating.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 21, 2007
  4. Thats it Mr Alligood. I use the MSPress Book, trying to skim my finger over
    the answer, when my eye catches the letters before anything. It's more like,
    I want to know, I don't want!..*Doh! to know the answer for allsorts of
    reasons. Now I was thinking, why bother getting the practice test all
    correct, all of the time, like Mr Alligood says, the real exam counts and
    conditioning the psych to get down to reading the questions properly, helps
    us on the day to be aware of good exam reading habits. If you have been a
    good tech and have knuckled in the right books/labs/material, then go over
    as many exam questions as you can. This is more power than reading the
    'boring' MSPress book as some of you have said.

    The fact that you end up reading the answers before reading the question,
    doesn't really count. What counts is the correct answer and that you
    understand it. If you are really paranoid, then use a ruler/book marker and
    slide it over the page before you know it.

    I am running over the MeasureUP questions I bought online. The 175 questions
    are really good and I can say a good majority of them I could see coming up
    in the exam, if not already have.

    In another light, I also want to think that we CAN read customer problems
    correctly and diagnose the problems correctly. I used to skim over the
    questions on the real exam, missing valuable clues to the answers; now that
    hurts! 618! :( But I see failing as a huge learning experience for this MCP
    exam. I suppose, the men and woman soldiers who reached Normandy (France) in
    1945, didn't have the time to practice that excercise, so I count myself
    lucky to know that I have a second chance and whatever mistakes I make, that
    I can learn from them and correct them.

    Ramon

    Ramon De Bruijn, Feb 21, 2007
  5. Very good, and very true follow up.