    would rather not pay $ 180,- for it. Who can point me to where I can find
    it?

    Thanks in advance!

    MaRsMaN, May 9, 2007

  2. I usually don’t get involved in these types of exchanges, but this morning,
    your post just struck me the wrong way. So here’s my two cents.

    Certifications cost. They cost time. They cost effort. And they cost money.
    Depending on your personality, you may consider that, at least monetarily,
    that time and effort are free. But most study material worth anything
    aren't free. I’ve recently passed my 41st certification. Over the years I
    paid, out of my own pocket, for almost every study guide, practice test, and
    certification exam I’ve ever used/taken. I even take person time off to take
    the exams (don’t ask it a legal issue).

    When I use a practice test, it is to gauge if I’m ready for the real exam. I
    do not use them as a learning tool. I feel that you should have already
    learned the subject matter by that time.

    But what you’re so stupidly asking for on an open forum is also quite
    illegal. I’ve used Trancender on occasion, and yes I think they are too
    expensive for the amount benefit they give to me. Since I feel you shouldn’t
    be taking a certification exam unless you’re ready for it (a.k.a. passing
    the first time, every time), and if Trancender has the only practice test
    available, then they have the right to charge whatever they want. No one is
    twisting my arm to buy from them.

    I don’t know you, so I don’t want to smear your character. But if you cheat
    (steal in this case) at one part of your IT profession, I have to wonder
    what type of support technician/administrator/analyst you are.

    Harvey Colwell, May 9, 2007

  3. MaRsMaN

    catwalker63 Guest

    Harvey Colwell piffled away vaguely:
    > "MaRsMaN" <> wrote in message
    >> I was wondering if anyone around here has used the Transcender Studyguide
    >> for the 70-290 exam. I used the guide for my 70-270 exam and I passed the
    >> first time. I would like to use the 70-290 guide now, but I can't find it
    >> anywhere. Yes, I can pay for it and download it at transcender.com but I
    >> would rather not pay $ 180,- for it. Who can point me to where I can find
    >> it?

    > But what you¢re so stupidly asking for on an open forum is also quite
    > illegal. I¢ve used Trancender on occasion, and yes I think they are too
    > expensive for the amount benefit they give to me. Since I feel you shouldn¢t
    > be taking a certification exam unless you¢re ready for it (a.k.a. passing
    > the first time, every time), and if Trancender has the only practice test
    > available, then they have the right to charge whatever they want. No one is
    > twisting my arm to buy from them.
    >
    > I don¢t know you, so I don¢t want to smear your character. But if you cheat
    > (steal in this case) at one part of your IT profession, I have to wonder
    > what type of support technician/administrator/analyst you are.

    Hear, hear!! The Transcender license is not transferable. Get your
    own.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, May 9, 2007
  4. Perhaps instead of focusing on alternative methods to acquire this particular
    application, you may want to more closely examine alternative providers of
    the same content. Recently I completed an exam on Exchange 2007. My usual
    preparation includes acquiring a Transcender via work's acquisition process.

    Because of time windows involved and people's availibility this was not
    possible.

    This forced me to look at MeasureUp. I was very happy with my experience
    but would point out that the cost is much lower but the window of time where
    you have access to the content is far narrower as well.

    It might be an alternative path to consider. Recognize that to properly
    study and certify for your credentials, there is a cost involved and any
    credential pursuit should neccessarily involve a cost/benefit analysis for
    how the credential fits your career path. Treat your credential like an
    investment.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, May 9, 2007
  5. MaRsMaN

    MaRsMaN Guest

    "Harvey Colwell" <> wrote

    > When I use a practice test, it is to gauge if I’m ready for the real exam.
    > I do not use them as a learning tool.

    I am not looking for any practice tests. I would like to find the
    Transcender studyguide 70-290.

    > But what you’re so stupidly asking for on an open forum is also quite
    > illegal.

    Asking for something that isn't free is not illegal. It would be illegal if
    someone provides me with it, however.

    > I’ve used Trancender on occasion, and yes I think they are too expensive
    > for the amount benefit they give to me.

    Here's something I concur with...

    > I don’t know you, so I don’t want to smear your character. But if you
    > cheat (steal in this case) at one part of your IT profession, I have to
    > wonder what type of support technician/administrator/analyst you are.

    There is nothing wrong with trying to save some money. Not everyone can
    afford paying for everything. And before you get the wrong idea, I do have
    valid licenses for every Microsoft product I own. Maybe I'm just a cheapass
    in a selective way. And that's not anyones problem but mine. No pun
    intended.

    MaRsMaN, May 10, 2007
  6. "MaRsMaN" <> wrote in

    > Asking for something that isn't free is not illegal. It would be
    > illegal if someone provides me with it, however.

    Well how nice of you to request others to do the dirty work for you. I find
    it hard to believe everything else you have was legally obtained given your
    view on this.

    In fact this statement is WRONG anyhow. If I ask someone to give me a copy
    of software they are using it is illegal for me to use this software. Some
    software manufacturers even restrict a persons ability to even sell their
    software. So before you go off making false claims you should read the
    legal disclaimer for Transcender.

    Red Swingline Stapler, May 10, 2007