    i am really interested in knowing if TRANSCENDER AND PREPLOGIC help us
    in anyway to prepare for the exam?
    thank you.

    Raj, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Raj

    apowers20 Guest

    I think Transcender is excellent. The new ones contain the simulation
    exercises which is a real plus in getting the test taker ready for the
    real thing. I have used the Transcender for the 270 and the 290 and am
    currently using it for the 291 as a supplement to the MS Press book. I
    found the questions in the Transcender just as hard if not harder then
    the actual exam questions.

    I have never used Preplogic practice tests except the ones that came
    with my 290 exam cram book. It was a pretty good practice test as
    well, but it did not contain any simulation exercises like the
    Transcender.

    Good luck.

    apowers20, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Raj

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    Transcender and Preplogic are Br@indumps and you sir are an A.$.$.F.C.U.K.E.R.

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 14, 2006
  4. Raj

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Transcender and Preplogic are Br@indumps and you sir are an A.$.$.F.C.U.K.E.R.

    Now you've done it! Wait 'til Neil see's this ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 14, 2006
  5. Raj

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >i am overwhelmed by the material available on the net.

    best quit now then.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 14, 2006
  6. Raj

    CBIC Guest

    In news:uJ$,
    Bigus Dickus <> embarrassed himself by saying:
    > Transcender and Preplogic are Br@indumps and you sir are an
    > A.$.$.F.C.U.K.E.R.

    Hold on there a sec. There has been an ongoing debate over Transcender being
    a dump. I've never used it so I can't say one way or the other. I think it
    was Neil who believes it to be a valid study tool and he is an MCT. Someone
    please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Feb 14, 2006
  7. Raj

    Frisbee® Guest

    On what do you base Transcender being a br@indump?

    Frisbee®, Feb 14, 2006
  8. Raj

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >On what do you base Transcender being a br@indump?

    To me all these crappy so called 'study aids' just goes to prove how
    worthless these certs really are. Anyone one who feels the need for
    'practice tests' is either stupid or a fool. These type of exams are
    easy for people how work with the product in the real world.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 14, 2006
  9. Raj

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    > Now you've done it! Wait 'til Neil see's this ;-)

    My apologies to Neil (and The Rev).

    If I had only kept reading....<banging head on wall> stupid, stupid,
    stupid....ow

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 14, 2006
  10. Raj

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    > Hold on there a sec. There has been an ongoing debate over Transcender being
    > a dump. I've never used it so I can't say one way or the other. I think it
    > was Neil who believes it to be a valid study tool and he is an MCT. Someone
    > please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
    > --

    Yeah, my bad...I checked the sites and they do look legit (you define it).
    Actually, I believe Neil and The Rev both feel that Transcender is legit.

    Sorry guys.

    --
    BD

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 14, 2006
  11. Raj

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    > On what do you base Transcender being a br@indump?

    I didn't...personally. I read a couple of old posts that referenced them as
    dumps. And this (again) is what I get for opening my mouth without doing the
    research myself.

    I can be man enough to admit when I'm wrong....but personally, If they aren't
    directly supported (as in...on the MS Website) by MS, I'm not going to trust
    them.

    --
    BD

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 14, 2006
  12. Raj

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >On what do you base Transcender being a br@indump?

    > To me all these crappy so called 'study aids' just goes to prove how
    > worthless these certs really are. Anyone one who feels the need for
    > 'practice tests' is either stupid or a fool. These type of exams are
    > easy for people how work with the product in the real world.

    While that's certainly a valid opinion, it's an entirely different issue as
    to whether a product is a br@indump or not.

    Apparently I fall under the "stupid or a fool" category, however.

    Frisbee®, Feb 14, 2006
  13. Raj

    kpg Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> said something like

    >>i am overwhelmed by the material available on the net.

    > best quit now then.

    lol

    good point

    kpg, Feb 14, 2006
  14. Raj

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Bigus Dickus" <> say in

    >> Now you've done it! Wait 'til Neil see's this ;-)
    >>

    > My apologies to Neil (and The Rev).
    >
    > If I had only kept reading....<banging head on wall> stupid, stupid,
    > stupid....ow

    jeez, it's not like I've got stock or anything. And for what its worth,
    Transcenders really were braindumps back in the NT 3.5/4 days. They are
    much better now and are owned by the same corp as SelfTest Software. STS
    is one of the 2 practice tests okey-dokey'd by MS. I don't recall the
    last time I used a sample test as I am often either doing beta exams or
    am doing the exam before those companies have had a chance to release a
    product.

    Kline and I disagree as to thier value however.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - A lottery is just a tax on people who are bad at math.

    Neil, Feb 14, 2006
  15. Raj

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    > jeez, it's not like I've got stock or anything. And for what its worth,
    > Transcenders really were braindumps back in the NT 3.5/4 days. They are
    > much better now and are owned by the same corp as SelfTest Software. STS
    > is one of the 2 practice tests okey-dokey'd by MS. I don't recall the
    > last time I used a sample test as I am often either doing beta exams or
    > am doing the exam before those companies have had a chance to release a
    > product.

    For what it's worth Neil (yes, I'm aware that *all* these poasts are about you)
    I understand you are an AuthoriTAH on what is, was, or were br@indumps, and I
    just hope your word plays well with the young'ns around here.

    I've been working with computers for nearly 2 decades, but I'm still new at the
    whole MS Exam scene, as I'm sure many of the people around here are.
    Unfortunately I blew off 8 years of my life in the US Navy, then went to College
    for another 4 after that. So, needless to say, I'm a bit behind and I've got
    some catching up to do.

    > Kline and I disagree as to thier value however.

    Everyone has their own opinions, and each shall be valued differently. Are they
    always right? No. Are they always wrong? Again, No. Can they from time to time
    change? Yeah. That's why they're opinions, right?

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 14, 2006
  16. Raj

    apowers20 Guest

    Being called an A.$.$.F.C.U.K.E.R is really cool! For what its worth
    the guy apologized, but maybe people should do their research before
    flaming the board?

    I know what br@indumps are and wouldn't post such garbage.
    Transcender, Preplogic, MeasureUp, SelfTest Software are all legit
    practice tests. After using Transcender for my last two MCP exams I
    can tell you that none of the questions in the practice tests came up
    in the real exam. Yes, the concepts are very close, but that is what a
    practice test is for .. to reinforce the concepts to give a better
    understanding of the overall problem.

    apowers20, Feb 14, 2006
  17. Raj

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Yes, the concepts are very close

    Which is why the certs are useless and worth as much as a used condom

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Feb 14, 2006
  18. Raj

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    > Which is why the certs are useless and worth as much as a used condom

    Well now...that all depends on how much one values a used condom, doesn't it?

    I would say the used condom has greater value...it can at least be used twice.

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 14, 2006
  19. Raj

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Bigus Dickus" <> say in news:
    #:

    > Everyone has their own opinions,

    no, everyone has a right to MY opinion

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - A cliche is a bright new original thought with tenure.

    Neil, Feb 14, 2006
  20. Raj

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    > no, everyone has a right to MY opinion