Transcender let me down on 70-340

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by philips, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. philips

    philips Guest

    Just got back from taking Microsoft's MCSD.Net exam 70-340; bombed it
    with a 580. I had been studying Transcender's exam kit, know and
    understand all questions on it and can pass it easily.

    Transcender didn't mention anything about .Net's NamedPermissionSets
    such as "LocalIntranet". There goes one...

    Transcender did mention using a SQL Server application role - so
    that's the one I picked. WRONG! As my newly purchased TestKing points
    out: I was suppose to use SQL Server Integrated security.

    Transcender had nothing about RSACryptoServiceProvider.VerifyData().
    Got that one wrong to.

    Transcender had nothing about developing a fancy encryption algorithm
    using the RNGCryptoServiceProvider.GetBytes() and
    FormsAuthentication.HashPasswordForStoringInConfigFile(). I guessed
    wrong again.

    Transcender had nothing about creating the event log source in the
    installer class of the application. Wrong again.

    Transcender had nothing about HTTPContext.Current.User.IsInRole() -
    NOTHING! Another one WRONG.

    Transcender did mention ContextUtil.IsCallerInRole() so I picked it.
    WRONG!

    Transcender said nothing about using the runas command to run a
    compiled app from the command line.

    I'm demanding a refund from Transcender tomorrow.

    philips, Mar 2, 2007

  2. philips

    Guest

    Well, I ended up not asking for a Transcender refund. After I cooled
    off I realized that they did get me part way there; I was just
    expecting to pass- so was very dissapointed. I did send them some
    feedback so they can make their 70-340 study material more complete.
    I will use Transcender in the future because they have far superior
    question explanations (as to why the correct answer is right one and
    why the others are wrong) compared to TestKing.

    , Mar 13, 2007