    Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?

    Regards
    pab

    pab, Oct 1, 2004

  2. pab

    Neil Guest

    yada, yada, yada pab <> said...yada, yada, yada in

    > What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?
    >
    > Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?
    >
    > Regards
    > pab

    yes they are

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 1, 2004

  3. pab

    pab Guest

    Neil wrote:
    > yada, yada, yada pab <> said...yada, yada, yada in
    >

    >>What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?
    >>
    >>Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>pab

    > yes they are

    They are what ... ???

    pab, Oct 1, 2004
  4. pab

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, pab climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > Neil wrote:
    >> yada, yada, yada pab <> said...yada, yada, yada in
    >>

    >>>What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?
    >>>
    >>>Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?
    >>>
    >>>Regards
    >>>pab

    >> yes they are
    >>

    > They are what ... ???

    Exactly!

    HTH.

    JaR

    JaR, Oct 1, 2004
  5. pab

    Neil Guest

    yada, yada, yada JaR <> said...yada, yada, yada
    in news:Xns957558CFD5FDBplentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.248.16:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, pab climbed on a soapbox & opined:
    >
    >> Neil wrote:
    >>> yada, yada, yada pab <> said...yada, yada, yada

    in

    >>> yes they are
    >>>

    >> They are what ... ???
    >>

    > Exactly!
    >
    > HTH.
    >
    > JaR

    how right you are

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 1, 2004
  6. pab

    > They are what ... ???

    they sure are...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 1, 2004
  7. Hmmm.. Interesting question.. Even more interesting responses...

    I haven't looked into Trancenders, so I'm not entirely sure.. Although, I'm
    guessing that the other posters equate them to cheating. My guess is,
    they're a little TOO close to actual test questions.

    In the end, I guess it doesn't matter if the tests are easier, harder, or
    about the same as the Microsoft ones.. What matters is, do you actually know
    the material? Anyone can score perfectly if they've taken the practice
    tests and the questions are almost exactly like the real test. But, does
    that make that person qualified?

    I would equate it to someone walking in with the answers in hand.. Do they
    know the material? No.

    A better and more honest question to ask everyone here (And, I'm asking,
    since at some point, I'm going after my MCP's) What would you recommend as
    study aids for the test? And for Practice Tests?

    I've ran copies of Exam Sim 5.5 and it's pretty good for the A+, but I don't
    know what simulators are good for the MCP's.

    Patrick.

    --
    Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...

    Patrick Dickey--MSN Beta Tester, Oct 1, 2004
  8. pab

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Patrick Dickey--MSN Beta Tester
    climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > Hmmm.. Interesting question.. Even more interesting responses...
    >
    > I<SNIPPAGE> some point, I'm going after my MCP's) What would you
    > recommend as study aids for the test? And for Practice Tests?
    >
    > I've ran copies of Exam Sim 5.5 and it's pretty good for the A+, but I
    > don't know what simulators are good for the MCP's.

    To be honest, I can't in honesty recommend *any* of the practice tests. If
    you truly know your stuff, you don't need them. If you just want to get a
    feel for the format of the MS tests, there are sample Qs available for free
    on the net, and they are a colossal waste of money. Too many use practice
    tests as a "sudy aid". That is not the way to enlightenment, grasshopper.

    I used Measure ups to prepare for the first couple of exams I took, but
    only used the free resources on the web for the last two, and saved a bunch
    of money.

    JaR

    JaR, Oct 1, 2004
  9. pab

    beoweolf Guest

    To say that test simulations (Take note that I said "Test Simulations", not
    Brain Dumps)...to say that you don't need them, if you know your stuff, is a
    just a bit foolish.

    The end game in such a view would be saying that books and manuals, classes
    and study groups are a waste of time or cheating. They are legitimate tools,
    used properly, that will give you an idea of the depth of content you need
    to know to take and pass an examination. Knowledge is not like instinct, you
    are born with it it, you learn it from someone, from experience or from
    reading, study

    Anyone who has been in this business with more than one employer, can
    testify as to the very different duties required in various enterprises. You
    could be a very effective, knowledgable Admin/Analyst for an established
    shop and never use 80% of what is required to pass an examination. The proof
    is in the number of long time NT-MCSE and W2K-MCSE that do not pass
    upgrade exams on first try. Often I hear lamentations along the lines
    of..."I went into the test thinking I would pass with a 900 or
    850"...or..."I was surprised when I squeezed by with a 710 or I missed it by
    10-20 points". Some of these are people that are very effective in their
    jobs and knowledgable in troubleshooting, have great daily administrative
    skills...but the test bring up things that you may or may not use on a daily
    basis. Probably...the only people that could pass the test without either
    attending ATC classes or dedicated study of manuals would be a person
    working in a busy consulting shop. They would be the only ones I would see
    being active in installing, configuring everything from a bare floor to a
    working installation on a frequent enough basis to take a Pop quiz and have
    any hope of passing it.

    I do agree, that you should not depend on test simulatons as major part of
    your test prep. Hands on, OJT, and setting up test scenerios is the way to
    keep your less used skill fresh or to develop new ones.
    "pab" <> wrote in message
    > What do you think about Trancenders Exam difficulty ?
    >
    > Same, less ou more difficult than the reals Microsoft exams ?
    >
    > Regards
    > pab

    ---

    beoweolf, Oct 2, 2004
  10. pab

    Jerz Guest

    Hmmm... I would say that your "guess" is wrong.... Unless things are
    different with tests other than 272, 271, 270 and 290 ... Sorry, but I can't
    forumulate a conclusion based on "other posters" (especially in THIS
    newsgroup) equating "them to cheating". Perhaps otheres have differing
    opinions based on info from the NT4.0 days but I haven't seen anything that
    would equate Transcender to 'cheating' on the most recent tests that
    microsoft currently offfers. I have not seen any question on Transcender
    that were the same as on any of the tests that I have taken.

    As far as study aids for *you* it varies from individual to individual....
    not everyone has the same experience or the same way of thinking.... Some
    people have excellent reading comprehension while others don't; some have
    tons of money to throw at training while others are lucky to eat mac 'n
    cheese every night.... In the end only you know the answer to your very own
    question; there is no single answer. Go to a store flip through the books
    and score one and don't rely on just one..... If you're going to take a test
    you should know this stuff frontwards, backwards and upside downn...

    I personally, use the press books, cbt nuggets, transcender, and my most
    recent addtion is a book by Lee Scales (complete with test questions from
    preplogic). Studying has got to come from more than one source unless you
    have a tremendous amount of field experience....

    Jerz

    "Patrick Dickey--MSN Beta Tester" <pd1ckey43(removeThis)@msn.com> wrote in
    message news:el#wqD#...

    Jerz, Oct 2, 2004
  11. Ok, I'll stand corrected on the guess that people equate trancenders with
    cheating.. But, it's pretty obvious from this thread, and other threads on
    the subject, that people don't like them. Or, that people don't take them
    seriously.

    And, as I mentioned in my post above, I haven't looked into them. But, the
    few Exam Simulations that I have looked at (for the A+ mainly) flat out say
    that they won't give you the actual questions, because that would be against
    the rules.

    That's why I put the second part of my post in. To suggest that maybe he'll
    get more favorable help by saying "What do you recommend I use to help me
    prepare?" (Granted, I didn't say that exactly in my above post). Or, "What
    did YOU use, that helped you?" Between the two questions, I would imagine
    that the majority of people will find something in the nuggets of replies,
    that works for them.

    Patrick.

    Patrick Dickey--MSN Beta Tester, Oct 3, 2004
  12. Thank you for your answer JaR. I'll check into the free resources. Since I
    haven't tried any of the exams (A+, MCP's or others), I have no idea what
    I'm going into.. Except that the next question is based on whether you
    answer this question right or not, and if you answer enough wrong, it will
    tell you that you've failed.

    Patrick.

    Patrick Dickey--MSN Beta Tester, Oct 3, 2004