Trainspotting: The Definitive Edition. Any Chance of a Region 1 version?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Master Volume, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Some of you have probably seen that there's a new Trainspotting DVD
    out, a 2 disc set called the "Definitive Edition" (I think I saw a
    review of it on here awhile ago) which is filled to the brim with
    special features:

    9 deleted scenes with commentary by Danny Boyle. Feature commentary by
    Danny Boyle, Andrew MacDonald, John Hodge and Ewan McGregor. The
    Making of Trainspotting doc, Retrospective: The Look of the Film, The
    Sound of the Film. Interviews with director Danny Boyle, producer
    Andrew McDonald, screenwriter John Hodge and author Irvine Welsh.
    Behind The Needle doc. Trainspotting at the Cannes Film Festival.
    Cannes Snapshot. Vox pops. Original cinema trailers. Cast and crew
    biographies. Behind the scenes photo gallery. Critic's gallery.

    Tons of stuff right? Well once I found this, I was once again reminded
    just how embarassing the R1 release of Trainspotting is, to say the
    least. So my question is, does Miramax/Buena Vista have any plans to
    bring this 2 disc over to the USA? Being a fan of the film, I think it
    deserves no less. Does anybody have any email addresses for Miramax's
    DVD department?

    MV.
    Master Volume, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Master Volume

    Vincent Vega Guest

    In article <>,
    (Master Volume) wrote:

    > Some of you have probably seen that there's a new Trainspotting DVD
    > out,

    Is it? Can someone provide an URL for an online retailer that has it?
    Vincent Vega, Jul 2, 2003

  3. On 1 Jul 2003 12:40:10 -0700, (Master Volume) wrote:

    >Some of you have probably seen that there's a new Trainspotting DVD
    >out, a 2 disc set called the "Definitive Edition" (I think I saw a
    >review of it on here awhile ago) which is filled to the brim with
    >special features:
    >
    >9 deleted scenes with commentary by Danny Boyle. Feature commentary by
    > Danny Boyle, Andrew MacDonald, John Hodge and Ewan McGregor. The
    >Making of Trainspotting doc, Retrospective: The Look of the Film, The
    >Sound of the Film. Interviews with director Danny Boyle, producer
    >Andrew McDonald, screenwriter John Hodge and author Irvine Welsh.
    >Behind The Needle doc. Trainspotting at the Cannes Film Festival.
    >Cannes Snapshot. Vox pops. Original cinema trailers. Cast and crew
    >biographies. Behind the scenes photo gallery. Critic's gallery.
    >
    >Tons of stuff right? Well once I found this, I was once again reminded
    >just how embarassing the R1 release of Trainspotting is, to say the
    >least. So my question is, does Miramax/Buena Vista have any plans to
    >bring this 2 disc over to the USA? Being a fan of the film, I think it
    >deserves no less. Does anybody have any email addresses for Miramax's
    >DVD department?
    >
    >MV.

    One of the pukiest films of all time.
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Master Volume

    Arkon24fps Guest

    Is this available in CAnada? I have not seen it anywhere yet.

    Arkon24fps, Jul 2, 2003
  5. On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:15:55 GMT, "Arkon24fps" <> wrote:

    >Dr. Speedbyrd:> <> wrote in message
    >> On 1 Jul 2003 12:40:10 -0700, (Master Volume)

    >wrote:
    >>
    >> >Some of you have probably seen that there's a new Trainspotting DVD
    >> >out, a 2 disc set called the "Definitive Edition" (I think I saw a
    >> >review of it on here awhile ago) which is filled to the brim with
    >> >special features:
    >> >
    >> >9 deleted scenes with commentary by Danny Boyle. Feature commentary by
    >> > Danny Boyle, Andrew MacDonald, John Hodge and Ewan McGregor. The
    >> >Making of Trainspotting doc, Retrospective: The Look of the Film, The
    >> >Sound of the Film. Interviews with director Danny Boyle, producer
    >> >Andrew McDonald, screenwriter John Hodge and author Irvine Welsh.
    >> >Behind The Needle doc. Trainspotting at the Cannes Film Festival.
    >> >Cannes Snapshot. Vox pops. Original cinema trailers. Cast and crew
    >> >biographies. Behind the scenes photo gallery. Critic's gallery.
    >> >
    >> >Tons of stuff right? Well once I found this, I was once again reminded
    >> >just how embarassing the R1 release of Trainspotting is, to say the
    >> >least. So my question is, does Miramax/Buena Vista have any plans to
    >> >bring this 2 disc over to the USA? Being a fan of the film, I think it
    >> >deserves no less. Does anybody have any email addresses for Miramax's
    >> >DVD department?
    >> >
    >> >MV.

    >> One of the pukiest films of all time.

    >That toilet scene is truly discusting, not to mention the shit on the sheets
    >sequence. Otherwise, great flick. Robert Carlyle (sp? like a give a ****)
    >was the standout performer.

    "otherwise'??? what 'otherwise'. The whole thing was a total waste of time, effort, materials
    and mediocre talent.
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 2, 2003
  6. Master Volume

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    >One of the pukiest films of all time.

    Did you see "T3" yet?
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    Help bring "Freaks and Geeks" to DVD at http://www.freaksandgeeks.com/dvd/
    CLOSEDOWN8, Jul 2, 2003
  7. Master Volume

    dinosaurbob Guest

    "Dr. Speedbyrd:>" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:15:55 GMT, "Arkon24fps" <> wrote:
    >

    > >Dr. Speedbyrd:> <> wrote in message

    > >> One of the pukiest films of all time.

    > >That toilet scene is truly discusting, not to mention the shit on the sheets
    > >sequence. Otherwise, great flick. Robert Carlyle (sp? like a give a ****)
    > >was the standout performer.
    > >

    > "otherwise'??? what 'otherwise'. The whole thing was a total waste of time, effort, materials
    > and mediocre talent.

    Actually, the movie was brilliant.

    If you hate it so much why would you even read this thread?

    I tend to avoid things I don't like.

    You won't see me criticising things you like.

    Why would I bother?

    +Dinosaurbob+
    dinosaurbob, Jul 4, 2003
  8. On 4 Jul 2003 03:02:36 -0700, (dinosaurbob) wrote:

    >"Dr. Speedbyrd:>" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >

    >> On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:15:55 GMT, "Arkon24fps" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >Dr. Speedbyrd:> <> wrote in message

    >> >That toilet scene is truly discusting, not to mention the shit on the sheets
    >> >sequence. Otherwise, great flick. Robert Carlyle (sp? like a give a ****)
    >> >was the standout performer.
    >> >

    >> "otherwise'??? what 'otherwise'. The whole thing was a total waste of time, effort, materials
    >> and mediocre talent.

    >Actually, the movie was brilliant.
    >
    >If you hate it so much why would you even read this thread?
    >
    >I tend to avoid things I don't like.
    >
    >You won't see me criticising things you like.
    >
    >Why would I bother?
    >

    >+Dinosaurbob+

    Opinions don't have to always be favorable. That's what makes them opinions. I don't care if
    you criticize what I like. I even criticize things I like!

    If you think puking and shitting and shooting up, etc.for the sake of selling movie tickets is
    brilliant, then I'm sorry for you. Just my opinion.
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 4, 2003
  9. In article <>,
    "Dr. Speedbyrd:>" <> wrote:

    > "otherwise'??? what 'otherwise'. The whole thing was a total waste of time,
    > effort, materials
    > and mediocre talent.

    Said the fucking moron. Good films like TRAINSPOTTING are probably not
    within your concept of understanding. Stick with tv.
    Ura Dippschitt, Jul 4, 2003
  10. On 6 Jul 2003 20:42:35 -0700, (Master Volume) wrote:

    >Uh, Dr Speedbyrd, I'd rather not indulge this derailment of my thread
    >that has turned into "Dr Speedbyrd Hates Trainspotting", frankly, this
    >thread is for people who like the movie and can perhaps shed some
    >light on my original questions, regarding the new DVD, so if you could
    >please refrain, that'd be quite nice (no need for reply).

    Frankly, dickwad, this thread is for ANYONE who chooses to repsond, pro or con.

    I will reply to whatever thread pleases my whim and I'm sorry the whole world doesn't worship
    the worthless tripe named, 'Trainspotting'. A waste of already mediocre talent and time for
    all concerned. If your'e that easily 'derailed', your tracks were shaky to begin with.
    You'd best understand you don't give orders on who posts and how they post. (don't give a shit
    about your reply, either.)
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 7, 2003
  11. wrote:

    > If Miramax/Buena Vista had any sense of mind they'd prepare a domestic
    > release of this. I ask again, does anybody have any contact information
    > for Buena Vista Home Video?

    Buena Vista Home Entertainment
    (distributes Disney, Miramax, Hollywood, Dimension & Touchstone)
    350 South Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521
    (818) 560-1000

    Web site: http://bvhe.video.go.com/
    Customer Support: http://video.go.com/support/home.html

    Taken from <http://www.thedigitalbits.com/dvdlink.html>.

    There's no e-mail address that I can find on their site, but there *is*
    a feedback form at

    <http://studio.go.com/cgi-bin/gmail/generic_mail.cgi?
    template=video/vid_dvd_feedback/feedback.tpl>

    HTH,

    doug

    --

    ---------------Douglas Bailey ()---------------
    I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...
    Douglas Bailey, Jul 7, 2003
  12. "Dr. Speedbyrd:>" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Frankly, dickwad, this thread is for ANYONE who chooses to repsond, pro or con.
    >
    > I will reply to whatever thread pleases my whim and I'm sorry the whole world doesn't worship
    > the worthless tripe named, 'Trainspotting'. A waste of already mediocre talent and time for
    > all concerned. If your'e that easily 'derailed', your tracks were shaky to begin with.
    > You'd best understand you don't give orders on who posts and how they post. (don't give a shit
    > about your reply, either.)

    OK there, champ.

    Douglas Bailey <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > wrote:
    >
    > > If Miramax/Buena Vista had any sense of mind they'd prepare a domestic
    > > release of this. I ask again, does anybody have any contact information
    > > for Buena Vista Home Video?

    > Buena Vista Home Entertainment
    > (distributes Disney, Miramax, Hollywood, Dimension & Touchstone)
    > 350 South Buena Vista Street
    > Burbank, CA 91521
    > (818) 560-1000
    >
    > Web site: http://bvhe.video.go.com/
    > Customer Support: http://video.go.com/support/home.html
    >
    > Taken from <http://www.thedigitalbits.com/dvdlink.html>.
    >
    > There's no e-mail address that I can find on their site, but there *is*
    > a feedback form at
    >
    > <http://studio.go.com/cgi-bin/gmail/generic_mail.cgi?
    > template=video/vid_dvd_feedback/feedback.tpl>
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > doug

    Hey Doug, Thanks for the info and actually posting something helpful
    and constructive, rather than just entering a thread that you have
    zero interest in only to expand your ego and act like a total moron
    with absolutely nothing relevant to add to the conversation other than
    your oh so important personal opinion that I could give a **** about,
    like "Dr. All-Star" up there.

    Anyway, I hope this eventually does get released stateside, like...
    within the next year. Even the domestic laserdisc has more features
    than the DVD. Inexplicable. Trainspotting actually made quite a profit
    for Miramax and constantly shows up on the pop culture radar, you'd
    think they'd pay attention to that and give it a deserving release.

    MV.
    Master Volume, Jul 7, 2003
  13. Master Volume

    Jordan Lund Guest

    (Master Volume) wrote in message news:<>...

    > Tons of stuff right? Well once I found this, I was once again reminded
    > just how embarassing the R1 release of Trainspotting is, to say the
    > least. So my question is, does Miramax/Buena Vista have any plans to
    > bring this 2 disc over to the USA? Being a fan of the film, I think it
    > deserves no less. Does anybody have any email addresses for Miramax's
    > DVD department?

    The Canadian R1 release is pretty good, although certainly no 2 disc
    special edition. I expect they'll release it eventually just like they
    did with Pulp Fiction.

    Here's a run down on the Canadian stats (and because it's still region
    1 it plays fine in U.S. players, I know, I own one...):

    Trainspotting

    1994 / 94 Minutes / Color / Rated R
    Single-Sided Disc: 2.35:1 Widescreen Presentation (Not Enhanced for
    16x9
    Keepcase

    Alliance Release
    English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround / French Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
    English Subtitles
    Special Features: Interactive Menus / Scene Access / 22-Minute Making
    Feature with Filmmaker Interview and Deleted Scenes / Theatrical
    Trailer
    $24.95 est. ($29.95 Canadian)
    Jordan Lund, Jul 8, 2003