    and need to start at the beginning. Also assume that I am
    intellegent and self disciplined. I want to do this
    quickly and can commit 4 hours a day to study.
    Chris W, May 31, 2004

  2. Chris W

    MX Guest

    Some suggestions

    Chris:

    Wow, 4 hours a day? Geez, I thought my 2 hours or so every
    few days were a lot. Anyway, it seems like you have a lot
    of motivation, so that will definitely get you far. What I
    suggest is that you check out the courses and books that
    your local colleges use in their Web site development
    courses. From my experience, most of those courses use run-
    of-the-mill books that you can check out at Borders or
    Barnes & Noble.

    My local college sometimes uses books from Course
    Technology. I have one for VB6 and another on HTML and let
    me tell you, they are about two of the best books on
    programming/scripting that I have ever read. Hopefully the
    other Course books are of the same quality. You can check
    out their Web development section at
    http://www.course.com/catalog/subcategory.cfm?category=Web%
    20Design%20and%20Development.

    Best of luck on your studies.