training material

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by TJ, Nov 17, 2006.

  1. TJ

    TJ Guest

    Has anyone ever heard of and actually used ActualTests.com? How is the
    material? Very helpful and informative?
    TJ, Nov 17, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. TJ

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone ever heard of and actually used ActualTests.com? How is the
    > material? Very helpful and informative?


    It is a braindump that is used by A$$FUSCKERS
    and the only thing it is good for is the loss of your
    certs and being banned from ever getting your MS certs.
    Lnkwizard2, Nov 17, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. TJ

    TJ Guest

    that does not make any sense. has anyone ever used any training material? If
    so, what do you recommend?

    "Lnkwizard2" wrote:

    >
    > "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > Has anyone ever heard of and actually used ActualTests.com? How is the
    > > material? Very helpful and informative?

    >
    > It is a braindump that is used by A$$FUSCKERS
    > and the only thing it is good for is the loss of your
    > certs and being banned from ever getting your MS certs.
    >
    >
    >
    TJ, Nov 17, 2006
    #3
  4. TJ

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > that does not make any sense. has anyone ever used any training material?
    > If
    > so, what do you recommend?
    >


    Okay, I'll try and make this simple.

    ActualTests is a B@INDUMP site, if you use their study
    material you are cheating yourself, your employer, and your
    fellow technicians. If you are caught using this material,
    Microsoft will strip you of any certifications you may have earned
    and you will have earned the everlasting hatred of all the
    honest techs who actually studied honest material and spent their
    time doing hands-on training to earn their certifications.

    Does that clear up the fog?

    If not I refer you to the following article:
    http://www.gocertify.com/article/braindumps.shtml

    As to the second part, two good resources for study material.
    Microsoft Knowledge Base and Microsoft Tech Net.
    In addition to the above, Google is your friend.
    Lnkwizard2, Nov 17, 2006
    #4
  5. TJ

    DD Guest

    Read my post from today and I explain what materials worked for me. (The Ms
    Press Book, Exam Cram and Transcender). Transcender and Exam Cram was
    recommended by 2 certified teachers so I was reasonably sure that these were
    acceptable materials.

    I didn't know what a brain dump site even was until a couple of months ago
    and since I would guess that most sites don't advertise "this is a brain dump
    site", if you are new to this, it can be very confusing.

    I am amazed at how hostile people are instead of trying to give helpful
    information. I have now seen at least 3 very nastly posts condemming people
    who are just trying to understand the best way to study for these
    certifications. I find these hateful posts to be very unproductive.

    DD

    "TJ" wrote:

    > that does not make any sense. has anyone ever used any training material? If
    > so, what do you recommend?
    >
    > "Lnkwizard2" wrote:
    >
    > >
    > > "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > > > Has anyone ever heard of and actually used ActualTests.com? How is the
    > > > material? Very helpful and informative?

    > >
    > > It is a braindump that is used by A$$FUSCKERS
    > > and the only thing it is good for is the loss of your
    > > certs and being banned from ever getting your MS certs.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    DD, Nov 18, 2006
    #5
  6. I agree with you. It takes little effort to instruct people in a
    positive way. I too have witnessed these posts and try not to engage in
    the threads if at all possible. I find it amusing that the same people
    who oppose brain dumps asks (email me) about questions on the test. To
    explain what a brain dump is to those who do not know; it is normally a
    web site that contains exact questions to Microsoft exams. 9 out of 10
    times you have to pay for it, and 9 out of 10 times they are incorrect.
    Anyone advertising "actual exam questions" is a brain dump site. When
    taking a Microsoft exam, you must agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement
    which states:

    Non-Disclosure Agreement and General Terms of Use


    For Exams Developed for the Microsoft Certified Professional Program

    This exam is Microsoft confidential and is protected by trade secret
    law. It is made available to you, the examinee, solely for the purpose
    of becoming certified in the technical area referenced in the title of
    this exam. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing,
    reproducing, or transmitting this exam, in whole or in part, in any form
    or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any
    purpose, without the prior express written permission of Microsoft
    Corporation.

    Click the Yes button to symbolize your signature and to accept these
    terms. Click the No button if you do not accept these terms. You must
    click Yes to continue with the exam

    Look at this carefully! "... in any form or by any means, verbal or
    written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior
    express written permission of Microsoft Corporation." So please keep
    that in mind for those who have sat the exam, and for those who have
    not. We, having sit the exam, cannot discuss the contents of the exam.
    However, we can discuss study material all day long -- which was the
    original purpose of this post! I digress... I love Microsoft Press
    books. They have, in recent years, provided a key ingredient in
    preparing for an exam. Remember as well, that after you pass any exam,
    these books become "reference material", not study guides anymore. You
    cannot remember everything, that is why it is in a book. The Exam Cram
    series are good for overviews in my opinion. I will use them to "gloss"
    over key objectives to see if anything trips me up. Then I will
    reference MS Press or TechNet for in depth explanations. TechNet is
    invaluable. Its Free and located at http://www.microsoft.com/technet.
    Last but not least, if you plan to use practice test material, I
    recommend and have used MeasureUp, Self Test Software, and Transcenders.
    I normally use them to help condition my mind and body for the long and
    tedious exams. If you cannot sit thru a practice exam, you will not sit
    thru the actual exam.

    As always, you have these newsgroups. Although this particular newsgroup
    is smaller in population than other, more popular newsgroups, it is here
    nevertheless. There are a few of us still here that enjoy helping
    individuals such as yourself in succeeding. We may not always be
    correct, but then again who is? That is why google was invented! As
    always, if you have any questions for me, post them here or email me
    anytime. I am always happy to help.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    CIW Certified Instructor



    "DD" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Read my post from today and I explain what materials worked for me. (The Ms
    > Press Book, Exam Cram and Transcender). Transcender and Exam Cram was
    > recommended by 2 certified teachers so I was reasonably sure that these were
    > acceptable materials.
    >
    > I didn't know what a brain dump site even was until a couple of months ago
    > and since I would guess that most sites don't advertise "this is a brain dump
    > site", if you are new to this, it can be very confusing.
    >
    > I am amazed at how hostile people are instead of trying to give helpful
    > information. I have now seen at least 3 very nastly posts condemming people
    > who are just trying to understand the best way to study for these
    > certifications. I find these hateful posts to be very unproductive.
    >
    > DD
    >
    > "TJ" wrote:
    >
    > > that does not make any sense. has anyone ever used any training material? If
    > > so, what do you recommend?
    > >
    > > "Lnkwizard2" wrote:
    > >
    > > >
    > > > "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > > > news:...
    > > > > Has anyone ever heard of and actually used ActualTests.com? How is the
    > > > > material? Very helpful and informative?
    > > >
    > > > It is a braindump that is used by A$$FUSCKERS
    > > > and the only thing it is good for is the loss of your
    > > > certs and being banned from ever getting your MS certs.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    Michael D. Alligood, Nov 19, 2006
    #6
  7. TJ

    TJ Guest

    Excellent. Thanks for the honest and understandable answer. You recommend
    MeasureUP? Sounds like the difference between measureup and actualtests
    ismeasureup offers study guides and practice exams instead of the copyrighted
    stuff.

    "Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

    > I agree with you. It takes little effort to instruct people in a
    > positive way. I too have witnessed these posts and try not to engage in
    > the threads if at all possible. I find it amusing that the same people
    > who oppose brain dumps asks (email me) about questions on the test. To
    > explain what a brain dump is to those who do not know; it is normally a
    > web site that contains exact questions to Microsoft exams. 9 out of 10
    > times you have to pay for it, and 9 out of 10 times they are incorrect.
    > Anyone advertising "actual exam questions" is a brain dump site. When
    > taking a Microsoft exam, you must agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement
    > which states:
    >
    > Non-Disclosure Agreement and General Terms of Use
    >
    >
    > For Exams Developed for the Microsoft Certified Professional Program
    >
    > This exam is Microsoft confidential and is protected by trade secret
    > law. It is made available to you, the examinee, solely for the purpose
    > of becoming certified in the technical area referenced in the title of
    > this exam. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing,
    > reproducing, or transmitting this exam, in whole or in part, in any form
    > or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any
    > purpose, without the prior express written permission of Microsoft
    > Corporation.
    >
    > Click the Yes button to symbolize your signature and to accept these
    > terms. Click the No button if you do not accept these terms. You must
    > click Yes to continue with the exam
    >
    > Look at this carefully! "... in any form or by any means, verbal or
    > written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior
    > express written permission of Microsoft Corporation." So please keep
    > that in mind for those who have sat the exam, and for those who have
    > not. We, having sit the exam, cannot discuss the contents of the exam.
    > However, we can discuss study material all day long -- which was the
    > original purpose of this post! I digress... I love Microsoft Press
    > books. They have, in recent years, provided a key ingredient in
    > preparing for an exam. Remember as well, that after you pass any exam,
    > these books become "reference material", not study guides anymore. You
    > cannot remember everything, that is why it is in a book. The Exam Cram
    > series are good for overviews in my opinion. I will use them to "gloss"
    > over key objectives to see if anything trips me up. Then I will
    > reference MS Press or TechNet for in depth explanations. TechNet is
    > invaluable. Its Free and located at http://www.microsoft.com/technet.
    > Last but not least, if you plan to use practice test material, I
    > recommend and have used MeasureUp, Self Test Software, and Transcenders.
    > I normally use them to help condition my mind and body for the long and
    > tedious exams. If you cannot sit thru a practice exam, you will not sit
    > thru the actual exam.
    >
    > As always, you have these newsgroups. Although this particular newsgroup
    > is smaller in population than other, more popular newsgroups, it is here
    > nevertheless. There are a few of us still here that enjoy helping
    > individuals such as yourself in succeeding. We may not always be
    > correct, but then again who is? That is why google was invented! As
    > always, if you have any questions for me, post them here or email me
    > anytime. I am always happy to help.
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood,
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor
    >
    >
    >
    > "DD" <> wrote in message
    > news::
    >
    > > Read my post from today and I explain what materials worked for me. (The Ms
    > > Press Book, Exam Cram and Transcender). Transcender and Exam Cram was
    > > recommended by 2 certified teachers so I was reasonably sure that these were
    > > acceptable materials.
    > >
    > > I didn't know what a brain dump site even was until a couple of months ago
    > > and since I would guess that most sites don't advertise "this is a brain dump
    > > site", if you are new to this, it can be very confusing.
    > >
    > > I am amazed at how hostile people are instead of trying to give helpful
    > > information. I have now seen at least 3 very nastly posts condemming people
    > > who are just trying to understand the best way to study for these
    > > certifications. I find these hateful posts to be very unproductive.
    > >
    > > DD
    > >
    > > "TJ" wrote:
    > >
    > > > that does not make any sense. has anyone ever used any training material? If
    > > > so, what do you recommend?
    > > >
    > > > "Lnkwizard2" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > > > > news:...
    > > > > > Has anyone ever heard of and actually used ActualTests.com? How is the
    > > > > > material? Very helpful and informative?
    > > > >
    > > > > It is a braindump that is used by A$$FUSCKERS
    > > > > and the only thing it is good for is the loss of your
    > > > > certs and being banned from ever getting your MS certs.
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >

    >
    >
    TJ, Nov 20, 2006
    #7
  8. TJ

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "DD" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    <snipped>

    > I am amazed at how hostile people are instead of trying to give helpful
    > information. I have now seen at least 3 very nastly posts condemming
    > people
    > who are just trying to understand the best way to study for these
    > certifications. I find these hateful posts to be very unproductive.
    >
    > DD
    >


    If my responses hurt your poor little feelings, too darn bad.
    Life isn't always going to be nice, and as far as I know, none
    of us live in a world of fluffy bunnies and cuddly lambikins.
    I've seen a plethora of premier certs go from being a ticket
    to a fantastic job that pays well to being a requirement for
    a $5.15/hr entry-level h3ll desk job. Sorry, (actually no, I'm not),
    if my attitude hurt your feelings but I would imagine that you
    would be just a wee bit PO'ed and have a nasty attitude
    if you watched incompetent lusers destroy what took you
    many years of blood, sweat, toil, and tears to achieve.

    As to being productive, I made my point didn't I? If you
    use br@indump material you are an A$$FUSKING cheater
    and deserve any and all abuse heaped on you.

    If you had bothered to notice I did not ever call the OP an
    offensive name. I did however, let him know what he would be,
    if he decided to pursue the use of br@indump material.
    I also provided some basic sources of study references as well
    as a hint at where he might could find a cornucopia of useful
    study material. If you can't do some friggin' research on your own,
    then you have no business being a tech or admin in the computer
    world.
    Lnkwizard2, Nov 20, 2006
    #8
  9. TJ

    TJ Guest

    shut up idiot

    "Lnkwizard2" wrote:

    >
    >
    >
    > "DD" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > <snipped>
    >
    > > I am amazed at how hostile people are instead of trying to give helpful
    > > information. I have now seen at least 3 very nastly posts condemming
    > > people
    > > who are just trying to understand the best way to study for these
    > > certifications. I find these hateful posts to be very unproductive.
    > >
    > > DD
    > >

    >
    > If my responses hurt your poor little feelings, too darn bad.
    > Life isn't always going to be nice, and as far as I know, none
    > of us live in a world of fluffy bunnies and cuddly lambikins.
    > I've seen a plethora of premier certs go from being a ticket
    > to a fantastic job that pays well to being a requirement for
    > a $5.15/hr entry-level h3ll desk job. Sorry, (actually no, I'm not),
    > if my attitude hurt your feelings but I would imagine that you
    > would be just a wee bit PO'ed and have a nasty attitude
    > if you watched incompetent lusers destroy what took you
    > many years of blood, sweat, toil, and tears to achieve.
    >
    > As to being productive, I made my point didn't I? If you
    > use br@indump material you are an A$$FUSKING cheater
    > and deserve any and all abuse heaped on you.
    >
    > If you had bothered to notice I did not ever call the OP an
    > offensive name. I did however, let him know what he would be,
    > if he decided to pursue the use of br@indump material.
    > I also provided some basic sources of study references as well
    > as a hint at where he might could find a cornucopia of useful
    > study material. If you can't do some friggin' research on your own,
    > then you have no business being a tech or admin in the computer
    > world.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    TJ, Nov 20, 2006
    #9
  10. TJ

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > shut up idiot
    >


    I must have really struck a nerve there. That was
    a very erudite response.
    Lnkwizard2, Nov 20, 2006
    #10
  11. Lnkwizard2 wrote:
    > "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> shut up idiot
    >>

    >
    > I must have really struck a nerve there. That was
    > a very erudite response.
    >
    >


    Please don't use words that I have to look up! :)
    Jonathan Roberts, Nov 21, 2006
    #11
  12. TJ

    Cerebrus Guest

    Jonathan Roberts wrote:
    > Lnkwizard2 wrote:


    > > I must have really struck a nerve there. That was
    > > a very erudite response.


    > Please don't use words that I have to look up! :)


    Don't worry, Jonathan. Poor TJ also had to look up the word a$$fscker.
    It didn't strike him that that's our special term for a br@indumper.

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    MCNGP #LIV (LIVewire ! Please touch !)

    Join the fight against Br@indumps
    http://www.certguard.com/
    Cerebrus, Nov 21, 2006
    #12
  13. TJ

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Lnkwizard2 wrote:
    >> "TJ" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> shut up idiot
    >>>

    >>
    >> I must have really struck a nerve there. That was
    >> a very erudite response.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Please don't use words that I have to look up! :)


    I'll try, but when I go for a a hit the sarcasm meter, I want to
    peg that puppy.
    Lnkwizard2, Nov 21, 2006
    #13
  14. TJ

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "Lnkwizard2" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Lnkwizard2 wrote:
    >>> "TJ" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:...
    >>>> shut up idiot
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> I must have really struck a nerve there. That was
    >>> a very erudite response.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> Please don't use words that I have to look up! :)

    >
    > I'll try, but when I go for a a hit the sarcasm meter, I want to
    > peg that puppy.


    Let me rephrase that, didn't have enough caffeine the first time
    around.

    When I go for a hit on the sarcasm meter, I want to peg that puppy.
    Lnkwizard2, Nov 21, 2006
    #14
  15. Lnkwizard2 wrote:
    >> Please don't use words that I have to look up! :)

    >
    > I'll try, but when I go for a a hit the sarcasm meter, I want to
    > peg that puppy.
    >
    >


    That's cool. I'll have to add mw to my firefox toolbar to keep up..
    Jonathan Roberts, Nov 21, 2006
    #15
  16. Cerebrus wrote:
    > Jonathan Roberts wrote:
    >> Lnkwizard2 wrote:

    >
    >>> I must have really struck a nerve there. That was
    >>> a very erudite response.

    >
    >> Please don't use words that I have to look up! :)

    >
    > Don't worry, Jonathan. Poor TJ also had to look up the word a$$fscker.
    > It didn't strike him that that's our special term for a br@indumper.
    >
    > ----------
    > Cerebrus.
    > MCNGP #LIV (LIVewire ! Please touch !)
    >
    > Join the fight against Br@indumps
    > http://www.certguard.com/
    >


    Haha, true. He needs to install the lamer filter which will convert all
    dollar signs to s and it handles various other symbols too.
    Jonathan Roberts, Nov 21, 2006
    #16
  17. TJ

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Lnkwizard2 wrote:
    >>> Please don't use words that I have to look up! :)

    >>
    >> I'll try, but when I go for a a hit the sarcasm meter, I want to
    >> peg that puppy.

    >
    > That's cool. I'll have to add mw to my firefox toolbar to keep up.


    It's all good, besides I think we are supposed to be learning something
    in these here newsfroups.
    Lnkwizard2, Nov 22, 2006
    #17
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?c3BpbmZpeGxpeg==?=

    2732 Activating expired training material on retail version of VPC

    =?Utf-8?B?c3BpbmZpeGxpeg==?=, Aug 29, 2005, in forum: Microsoft Certification
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    575
    The Rev [MCT]
    Sep 1, 2005
  2. G_MPLS
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,466
    wjunjmt
    Mar 18, 2005
  3. Kamal Ahmed

    MCSD .Net Training Material

    Kamal Ahmed, Sep 24, 2003, in forum: MCSD
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    475
    Kamal Ahmed
    Sep 24, 2003
  4. Oliver Hoebel
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    366
    Oliver Hoebel
    Jan 19, 2005
  5. oanW
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    412
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere
    Jan 28, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page