    on the Preparation Guide web page? ) and what are the best tests available
    for this exam (closest to the real exam questions) ?

    Thanks is advance.

    alserban, Dec 20, 2007

  2. alserban

    Guest

    In short, the MSPress book on 70-446 may never come out.

    This blog mentions that a contact at Microsoft confirmed it's been
    cancelled and will likely be released (with a new exam number) with
    SQL Server 2008
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/greenmtnsun/default.aspx

    The rough schedule for SQL Server 2008 certs is: the product will
    likely be released in the summer of 2008 (after the formal launch in
    Feb 2008), the MCTS tests will likely be released within 60 days of
    the formal release, and MCITP tests may not come out until 6 months to
    a year after that. Look for the book on the new related test in 2009.

    However, you may not need the book to take and pass the 70-446. I
    haven't taken it but have read that it's just a deeper version of
    70-445. Perhaps someone that's taken both tests can help you more.

    HTH,

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    Mcitpsuccess.com
    MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam Guide
    (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)

    On Dec 20, 1:31 pm, "alserban" <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I just passed the SQL 2005 BI exam: 70-445 and wish to take the BI Design
    > exam: 70-446
    >
    > I've searched for the 70-446 Training Kit but it seems it has not been
    > published yet...
    > Any idea when it's going to be published ?
    >
    > Also, I'd like to know, in your opinion, what are the best 2-3 books to
    > study for this exam (are there other better books than those MS recommends
    > on the Preparation Guide web page? ) and what are the best tests available
    > for this exam (closest to the real exam questions) ?
    >
    > Thanks is advance.

    , Dec 21, 2007