    it. I think that something connected to fixing/maintaining/upgrading would
    interest me. Where can I go for training, or how can I get the best advice.
    Thanks, Kettering, Northants
    =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=, Feb 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    PITRALOM <> rambled:
    > Hi, my name is Rui, I want to follow the IT industry as a career, but
    > I'm to confused in which training course to go for. At the moment I'm
    > not a complete novice, I do have a minimal knowledge, but I really
    > would like to increase it. I think that something connected to
    > fixing/maintaining/upgrading would interest me. Where can I go for
    > training, or how can I get the best advice. Thanks, Kettering,
    > Northants

    You may want to start with the A+ certification, not necessarily Microsoft's
    MCSE. It's more of a beginner's cert, but what you learn while studying for
    it will definitely come in handy no matter what your ultimate goal is.
    Google "CompTIA A+" or something to that effect to find more info on it.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R.S. are not welcome at www.mcngp.com. Unless you email
    first.
    Ken Briscoe, Feb 2, 2005

  3. My thought exactly. I would recommend a classroom environment though.

    --
    "The Rev" MCNGP #44
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 2, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <Stephen Charles Rea (MCT)
    @discussions.microsoft.com> say in news:uLgzIlVCFHA.3928
    @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    > I would recommend a classroom environment though.

    why, do you teach A+ too?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Visit www.mcngp.com to find out the voltage on the corona wire.
    Neil, Feb 2, 2005
  5. Yeah actually I do :) And Network+ and Security+ which I'm teaching again
    next week.

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 2, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    Mike Guest

    > In news:,
    > PITRALOM <> rambled:
    >> Hi, my name is Rui, I want to follow the IT industry as a career, but
    >> I'm to confused in which training course to go for. At the moment I'm
    >> not a complete novice, I do have a minimal knowledge, but I really
    >> would like to increase it. I think that something connected to
    >> fixing/maintaining/upgrading would interest me. Where can I go for
    >> training, or how can I get the best advice. Thanks, Kettering,
    >> Northants

    > You may want to start with the A+ certification, not necessarily
    > Microsoft's
    > MCSE. It's more of a beginner's cert, but what you learn while studying
    > for
    > it will definitely come in handy no matter what your ultimate goal is.
    > Google "CompTIA A+" or something to that effect to find more info on it.
    >
    > --
    >
    > KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26
    >
    > Briscobar AT gmail DOT com
    >
    > A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R.S. are not welcome at www.mcngp.com. Unless you email
    > first.

    Some people have asked me about this.... I don't know why I never thought of
    this.

    Nice.....
    Mike, Feb 2, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    @discussions.microsoft.com> say in news:ePHn0nWCFHA.2180
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > Yeah actually I do :) And Network+ and Security+ which I'm teaching again
    > next week.

    *fiegned shock*
    NO! REALLY!!!!???!!!!!

    (how come you are teaching Server+ too? and btw, "BTDT")

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us
    Neil, Feb 2, 2005
  8. Yeah I know it's a shocker. I'm a whore I guess. I'll teach anything.

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 2, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    @discussions.microsoft.com> say in news:u7TJsyWCFHA.1264
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > I'm a whore I guess. I'll teach anything.

    talk to me when you've done "intro to Winblows" for one fingered typists
    from the shop floor. I've taught everything from MS Word to Lotus Domino
    server with Element K materials. I can be at LEAST as big a training whore
    as you!

    :p

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Visit www.mcngp.com and I will teach you were the any key is.
    Neil, Feb 2, 2005
  10. LOL....The contest of the training whores has begun! I've done the intro
    class and do teach apps classes as well. Word, Excel, Windows etc. so you
    will have to really whore yourself up to compete.

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 2, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    @discussions.microsoft.com> say in news:u2FUl6WCFHA.1260
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > LOL....The contest of the training whores has begun! I've done the intro
    > class and do teach apps classes as well. Word, Excel, Windows etc. so you
    > will have to really whore yourself up to compete.

    all those (3 versions of office) plus frontpage 98 and 2000, flash, lotus
    notes 4.2 mail AND calendaring, access (all 3 levels), a little vb (why I
    did that I will never know as I am not a programmer)...the manager at the
    place I worked at once quipped "we'd teach bicycle repair if there were
    dollars in it"...beggar...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Visit www.mcngp.com and don't forget to oil the chain...
    Neil, Feb 2, 2005
  12. > I'm a whore I guess.

    sucky, sucky five dollar.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 2, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    JaR Guest

    > Element K materials

    *Spit*

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Feb 2, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Sphere climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    >> I'm a whore I guess.

    > sucky, sucky five dollar.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Hit 'im with yer bag a quarters, Neil.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Feb 2, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    Wayne Guest

    plus notes 2, netware 2.15, groupwise, solaris 2.3 :)

    --

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system
    of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the
    masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony"
    - Dennis (sometime in the middle ages)

    Wayne, Feb 2, 2005
  16. You are quite the whore aren't you. So how bad was VB?

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Feb 2, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Wayne" <> say in news:uhDzEsXCFHA.2232
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > plus notes 2, netware 2.15, groupwise, solaris 2.3 :)

    Notes 2?
    *points and laughs*

    Neil, Feb 3, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <> say in

    > You are quite the whore aren't you. So how bad was VB?

    yes, and pretty bad. But I'm such a good trainer that I still got 8's and
    9's on the course. (my students love me).

    Neil, Feb 3, 2005
  19. Yeah, I don't have any problem getting 8's or 9's on the instructor but when
    I do a client site class and they give the environment a 2. You have to
    wonder if they even bothered to notice they trashed their own facility.

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 3, 2005
  20. =?Utf-8?B?UElUUkFMT00=?=

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:Xns95F288B833483neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16,
    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:
    > did you hear "Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\)" <> say in
    >
    >> You are quite the whore aren't you. So how bad was VB?
    >>

    > yes, and pretty bad. But I'm such a good trainer that I still got 8's
    > and 9's on the course. (my students love me).

    If you look real close, you can actually see Neil's head grow in size.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Visiting www.mcngp.com will make you smarter. And sexier.