    Do any of you on here know a good training center in San Bernardino, San
    Dimas, Covina, or even in Riverside California?

    Thank you for your time.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=, Aug 28, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:16:01 -0700, Louie cast into the ether:

    > I have a question for the board. I need to find a good training location for
    > MCSE. I was going to take the course at school but I rather attend a training
    > center.

    From the wording of your question, I assume that you have the option to
    do systems administration related study in college, but you would rather
    take a "fast track" approach and get certified.

    May I humbly suggest you re-think your options? A degree will take you
    much further in this field, and MCSE certs without expeience are going to
    pretty much qualify you a career at Burger King.

    You are going to start at the bottom. Sorry. So get a leg up on the
    competition, and be able to boast a degree on your resume.

    If I have misinterpreted your situation, please disregard the above as a
    rant from one who has had to deal with one too many unqualified,
    uneducated, so-called "techs" recently.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Aug 28, 2006

  3. I'm sorry that I didn't explain myself to well. I been working in the I.T
    field for about 6 yrs. My company wants me to get MCSE. I thought if I could
    attend a college course for taking MCSE that would help me out on the test. I
    hear that most people rather go to a training center to learn better.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=, Aug 28, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:44:02 -0700, Louie cast into the ether:

    > I'm sorry that I didn't explain myself to well. I been working in the I.T
    > field for about 6 yrs. My company wants me to get MCSE. I thought if I could
    > attend a college course for taking MCSE that would help me out on the test. I
    > hear that most people rather go to a training center to learn better.

    Well, that's what I get for trying to read more into a post than is really
    there.<g>

    I guess my response then would be to ask if your company is paying the
    tab? If so, then I think I'd still go the college route, as I question
    whether one "learns better" at a training center. Yes, you likely would
    get more test centric training there.

    If your company is not picking up the tab, I'd say buy the books, set up a
    test lab, and save yourself a metric boodle of cash to buy a new toy with.

    As far as your original question goes; sorry, dunno about your area, but
    there are several regulars in here from People's Republic of .Ca that
    might know.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Aug 28, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    >>Did you see what Louie () graced us
    with in ?<<
    > I'm sorry that I didn't explain myself to well. I been working in the
    > I.T field for about 6 yrs. My company wants me to get MCSE. I thought
    > if I could attend a college course for taking MCSE that would help me
    > out on the test. I hear that most people rather go to a training
    > center to learn better.

    Hey Louie, if you're interested in a College Training type of environment,
    check out Westwood College at Euclid in Upland/Ontario. I'm not sure if they
    offer an MCSE course, but it's probably worth giving them a call. And heck, if
    the company is footing the bill, I know they're pretty expensive.

    http://www.petersons.com/UGChannel/...rjid=12&inunId=143726&typeVC=InstVc&sponsor=1

    If you're wondering, I'm in the SB area.
    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 28, 2006
  6. Well thank you for helping me out.

    My company is going to pay 90% of it. But I only get certain % of what I
    could take this yr.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=, Aug 28, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    >>Did you see what BD [MCNGP] (BD@CertGuard) graced us with in
    ?<<
    >>> Did you see what Louie () graced us

    > with in ?<<
    >> I'm sorry that I didn't explain myself to well. I been working in the
    >> I.T field for about 6 yrs. My company wants me to get MCSE. I thought
    >> if I could attend a college course for taking MCSE that would help me
    >> out on the test. I hear that most people rather go to a training
    >> center to learn better.
    >>

    > Hey Louie, if you're interested in a College Training type of
    > environment, check out Westwood College at Euclid in Upland/Ontario.
    > I'm not sure if they offer an MCSE course, but it's probably worth
    > giving them a call. And heck, if the company is footing the bill, I
    > know they're pretty expensive.

    http://www.petersons.com/UGChannel/...rjid=12&inunId=143726&typeVC=InstVc&sponsor=1

    > If you're wondering, I'm in the SB area.

    I hit the send on that a little early.

    I've taken CCNA courses at Chaffey College in Upland, so you may want to either
    look into courses there or at San Bernardino Valley College.

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 28, 2006
  8. Thank you Bro,

    I will look at those 2 places... The only thing if they are to expensive I
    might have to skip it. I first have to pay out of my pocket before the
    company pay me back.

    Right now I'm going to Riverside Ext program. The only thing is that if they
    don't get enough student the school cancels the class.

    That's why I'm trying to find a training center and see if that's worth
    going for all the classes or some of them.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=, Aug 28, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    >>Did you see what Louie () graced us
    with in ?<<
    > Thank you Bro,
    >
    > I will look at those 2 places... The only thing if they are to
    > expensive I might have to skip it. I first have to pay out of my
    > pocket before the company pay me back.
    >
    > Right now I'm going to Riverside Ext program. The only thing is that
    > if they don't get enough student the school cancels the class.
    >
    > That's why I'm trying to find a training center and see if that's
    > worth going for all the classes or some of them.

    If that's the case, then your best bet would be SBVC or Chaffey College,
    Westwood is pretty expensive. Personally, I prefer Chaffey College, but that's
    just because I grew up in the area and I know the professional knowledge there.

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 28, 2006
  10. Sweet!!!. I will have to check it out. I live out in riverside but in San
    Dimas... That would be perfect for me. I'm close to the 210..

    Thank's again for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=, Aug 28, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    There ya go then, Chaffey College is a block north of the 210 @ Haven. GL ;)

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 28, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > If so, then I think I'd still go the college route, as I question
    > whether one "learns better" at a training center. Yes, you likely would
    > get more test centric training there.

    Um, ya, I'm gonna hafta disagree

    Regardless of the training center, the courses you take will only be as
    good as the trainer/prof. I honestly think that if you are solely preping
    for the MCSE exams, a college might be overkill. I also think that you can
    learn a fair chuck with a good trainer outside of a college/university. I
    think your training might be more generic and well rounded if you go for
    teh university and I will never place an MCSE over a BS in Com Sci, but I
    will refute that MCTs teach to the exams (I don't and if you want to just
    pass the test, don't bother taking a class from me. I teach beyond the
    exams and frequently mention *gasp* other vendors products! OH, THE
    HUMANITY!)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I'm out of bed and dressed. What more do you want?

    Neil, Aug 28, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:57:03 -0700, Neil cast into the ether:

    > Um, ya, I'm gonna hafta disagree

    Ya, well, yer sorta biased<g>

    You are right, a college based course might be overkill. If a guy manages
    to luck out and get a great trainer, he's gonna likely do fine.

    OTOH...

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Aug 29, 2006
  14. I use to go to the starbucks off of Haven... Will check it out tonight.

    Thanks again.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=, Aug 29, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    >>Did you see what Louie () graced us
    with in ?<<
    > I use to go to the starbucks off of Haven... Will check it out
    > tonight.

    I know the SB, you probably know a few female friends of mine that are always
    there....they're the loud, obnoxious type that always stand out in a crowd.

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 29, 2006
  16. Such a small world... I use to go because of someone that use to work there.
    She no longer works there.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=, Aug 29, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    Guest Guest

    "Louie" <> wrote in message
    > Such a small world... I use to go because of someone that use to work

    there.
    > She no longer works there.

    What's even funnier is that the chyck I'm talking about lives in Riverside.
    Very small world indeed.

    Guest, Aug 29, 2006
  18. Nice....

    Hopefully I will find what I need at the school that way I could go to
    starbucks after...

    -Louie-

    =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=, Aug 29, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:57:03 -0700, Neil cast into the ether:
    >
    >> Um, ya, I'm gonna hafta disagree

    > Ya, well, yer sorta biased<g>
    >
    > You are right, a college based course might be overkill. If a guy manages
    > to luck out and get a great trainer, he's gonna likely do fine.
    >
    > OTOH...

    I also think that if his prof in college is crap and he sleeps though all
    of the classes...

    OTOH...

    ;)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - "Let's face the obvious. Yesterday we were nerds. Today we're the
    cognetive elite. Let's conquer." - Chester G Edwards

    Neil, Aug 29, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?TG91aWU=?=

    Wayne Guest

    "Louie" <>

    Mate, look through the courses and choose the 1 or 2 that you would gain the
    most from. 2277 and 2279 would be the 2 courses that I would *always*
    recommend going to a MS Training Centre to do. The knowledge, practices and
    interaction from other students will be invaluable to your understanding of
    the principles.
    I'm with Neil, a good MCT will always teach "under the bonnet" type stuff;
    you'll answer exam questions from a well constructed and understood
    knowledge base rather than "parroted" answers.

    Wayne McGlinn
    MCP Windows 95
    Brisbane, Oz

    Wayne, Aug 29, 2006