    sysytem will not boot from a win xp 32 bit version now. Any sugestions?
    --
    jef
    =?Utf-8?B?SiBFIEZsb3Jlcw==?=, Feb 17, 2006

  2. Is your first boot device set to your optical drive? It won't boot if you
    don't that.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 17, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SiBFIEZsb3Jlcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    It would be helpful if you told us the steps you have gone thru, the setup
    of your computer, the place and error messages you get, etc.

    John Barnes, Feb 17, 2006
  4. Yes, I did that. If I put in the trail version 64 that I created for the
    trial version, it boots up with no problem. I can also start it with the
    Mother Brd CD. I have a 64 bit proccesor on a P5ND2SLI-Deluxe MB. I went
    ahead and reinstalled the trial version again for another 120 days while I
    figure out how to use my regular winxp.
    --
    jef

    =?Utf-8?B?SiBFIEZsb3Jlcw==?=, Feb 17, 2006
  5. Maybe the the disk for your Windows XP x86 is damaged. Have you tried
    booting it on another computer to find out if its a problem with the disk?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 17, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SiBFIEZsb3Jlcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I think he is dual booting, but he won't give us enough information on his
    setup to help him.

    John Barnes, Feb 17, 2006
  7. Sorry for the lack of info. Let's see if this helps helping me. The error I
    get, if I recall correctly is something "disk error:no system.." something
    like that. I checked the regular win xp on another PC and it came right up.
    The PC in question has only one HD SATA. I was able to delete the only
    partition with the 64 bit CD during the setup process, thinking I needed to
    start for a clean HD. But once I would put in my 32 bit it would come back
    again with the same error. Seems like my pc only understands 64 bit now.
    Forgot 32 bit. Even when I put in a boot up floppy it won't read the floppy
    either. The boot up floppy works fine on my other PC.
    --
    jef

    =?Utf-8?B?SiBFIEZsb3Jlcw==?=, Feb 17, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?SiBFIEZsb3Jlcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    How is your hard drive set up. Partitions, types of partitions, what is on
    the partition and which is active.
    Which partition has the boot.ini ntdetect.com and ntldr files on it
    Chcek also in Disk Management and see which is your 'system' partition.
    Also, if you boot to your install CD for x64, go into recovery console and
    perform a bootcfg /rebuild (remember the space), you should have both
    your x64 and x32 systems presented. Best bet is just let it add both
    systems to your new boot.ini and clearly identify them so you know which you
    added. They after you have both working, you can go into System Properties
    and clean up your boot.ini
    hope this helps

    John Barnes, Feb 17, 2006