Traffic stop on a PIX 515

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Romme, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Romme

    Romme Guest

    Hi all

    I have a problem with my PIX 515 firewall.

    Sometimes the traffic just stop passing for a period of time.
    It can bee for 20-40 minutes.

    If I log on to the PIX via serial interface, I can see it's running,
    but I can't ping clients on the inside or the outside.

    If I don't touch anything, the traffic will start passing agin after
    sometime.

    How do I trace down this problem?

    My PIX info:
    Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3)
    Hardware: PIX-515, 64 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 200 MHz
    Flash i28F640J5 @ 0x300, 16MB
    BIOS Flash AT29C257 @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB
    0: ethernet0: address is 0050.54ff.45fa, irq 10
    1: ethernet1: address is 0050.54ff.45fb, irq 7
    Licensed Features:
    Failover: Enabled
    VPN-DES: Disabled
    VPN-3DES-AES: Disabled
    Maximum Physical Interfaces: 6
    Maximum Interfaces: 10
    Cut-through Proxy: Enabled
    Guards: Enabled
    URL-filtering: Enabled
    Inside Hosts: Unlimited
    Throughput: Unlimited
    IKE peers: Unlimited
    Serial Number: 480130143 (0x1c9e345f)

    Regards
    /Romme

    Romme, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Romme

    Guest

    Try to make a "show interface" and "sh log" when traffic stops. Also I
    wonder that neither des nor 3des/aes are enabled on your pix.

    "Romme" <ask@me> wrote in message news:<40f847f7$0$281$>...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a problem with my PIX 515 firewall.
    >
    > Sometimes the traffic just stop passing for a period of time.
    > It can bee for 20-40 minutes.
    >
    > If I log on to the PIX via serial interface, I can see it's running,
    > but I can't ping clients on the inside or the outside.
    >
    > If I don't touch anything, the traffic will start passing agin after
    > sometime.
    >
    > How do I trace down this problem?
    >
    > My PIX info:
    > Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3)
    > Hardware: PIX-515, 64 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 200 MHz
    > Flash i28F640J5 @ 0x300, 16MB
    > BIOS Flash AT29C257 @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB
    > 0: ethernet0: address is 0050.54ff.45fa, irq 10
    > 1: ethernet1: address is 0050.54ff.45fb, irq 7
    > Licensed Features:
    > Failover: Enabled
    > VPN-DES: Disabled
    > VPN-3DES-AES: Disabled