    Many thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    , Aug 1, 2005

  2. toby Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > After reading the Cisco IOS QoS/CoS stuff. I think this is
    > impossible... could someone confirm?
    >
    > 2 IP subnets sharing a 2Mbps leased line, when both subnets are busy,
    > the less busy subnet will at least have 1Mb bandwidth allocated to
    > their own subnet and the more busy subnet can use the remaining 1.5Mb
    > bandwidth... (does this make sense?)
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards,

    Hi

    It doesnt make sence the way it is written, I think what your refering to is
    that each subnet get's priority for the 1st Meg of traffic it is sending.
    But can use the others allocation if it's not being used. This depends
    though on how the policy-maps are configured.

    Regards

    Toby
    toby, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Guest

    Hi Toby,

    That is exactly what I want to achieve... with below config (other
    other end configured similar way), I expect to see both subnet will
    have around 1Mb bandwidth each when they both busy... however, this is
    not the case :( Both subnets were tested and capable to go up to 2Mb
    alone. But when I start "busy" them, one of the subnet seems to go
    well over the 1Mb basically eating all the bandwidth from the other
    subnet... any ideas?

    class-map match-any 1MB-UNDER
    match precedence 5
    !
    policy-map QoS-OUT
    class 1MB-UNDER
    bandwidth 2048
    policy-map QoS-IN
    class class-default
    police 1024000 conform-action set-prec-transmit 5 exceed-action
    set-prec-transmit 0
    !
    interface Ethernet0
    [snip]