TradeMe

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Collector»NZ, Jun 15, 2007.

  1. Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital Camera

    The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    half months old)

    Sounds really good!
    Collector»NZ, Jun 15, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Collector»NZ

    XPD Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital
    > Camera
    >
    > The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it to
    > me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables and
    > manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and half
    > months old)
    >
    > Sounds really good!


    Hmmm... dodgy :p
    Depending on users previous feedback etc tho.......
    XPD, Jun 15, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. XPD wrote:
    > "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >> Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital
    >> Camera
    >>
    >> The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it to
    >> me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables and
    >> manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and half
    >> months old)
    >>
    >> Sounds really good!
    >>

    >
    > Hmmm... dodgy :p
    > Depending on users previous feedback etc tho.......
    >
    >
    >

    12 feedbacks, 3 extremely negative for a rating of 75%
    Collector»NZ, Jun 15, 2007
    #3
  4. Collector»NZ

    Taranis Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > XPD wrote:
    >> "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>
    >>> Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital
    >>> Camera
    >>>
    >>> The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    >>> to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    >>> and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    >>> half months old)
    >>>
    >>> Sounds really good!
    >>>

    >>
    >> Hmmm... dodgy :p
    >> Depending on users previous feedback etc tho.......
    >>
    >>
    >>

    > 12 feedbacks, 3 extremely negative for a rating of 75%


    From that description and the feedback I would strongly suspect stolen
    then.
    Taranis, Jun 15, 2007
    #4
  5. Collector»NZ

    Rob S Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital Camera
    >
    > The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    > to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    > and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    > half months old)
    >
    > Sounds really good!


    Sounds like asbestos glove time.

    --

    Rob
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    http://aspir8or.blogspot.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


    Calm down -- it's only ones and zeroes.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Rob S, Jun 15, 2007
    #5
  6. Collector»NZ

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 15, 11:50 am, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    > Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital Camera
    >
    > The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    > to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    > and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    > half months old)
    >
    > Sounds really good!


    Ask for the serial number!
    JohnO, Jun 15, 2007
    #6
  7. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Rob S wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    > > Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon
    > > Digital Camera The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my
    > > father give
    > > it to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger,
    > > cables and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One
    > > and half months old)
    > >
    > > Sounds really good!

    >
    > Sounds like asbestos glove time.


    Yeah. I see a bit of stuff on Trademe that appears like it could well be
    stolen. Parts of home theatre systems, stuff without manuals and remotes etc
    as above.

    Surely the NZ Police could have someone keeping an eye on these things? Or
    TradeMe themselves? Maybe a joint effort? I for one would welcome it, even
    if it meant a visit from the cops to check provenance if they thought
    something *I* was selling might be dodgy. (It wouldn't be)
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 15, 2007
    #7
  8. JohnO wrote:
    > On Jun 15, 11:50 am, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >
    >> Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital Camera
    >>
    >> The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    >> to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    >> and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    >> half months old)
    >>
    >> Sounds really good!
    >>

    >
    > Ask for the serial number!
    >
    >

    Just have this could be interesting
    Collector»NZ, Jun 15, 2007
    #8
  9. ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Rob S wrote:
    >
    >> Collector»NZ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon
    >>> Digital Camera The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my
    >>> father give
    >>> it to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger,
    >>> cables and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One
    >>> and half months old)
    >>>
    >>> Sounds really good!
    >>>

    >> Sounds like asbestos glove time.
    >>

    >
    > Yeah. I see a bit of stuff on Trademe that appears like it could well be
    > stolen. Parts of home theatre systems, stuff without manuals and remotes etc
    > as above.
    >
    > Surely the NZ Police could have someone keeping an eye on these things? Or
    > TradeMe themselves? Maybe a joint effort? I for one would welcome it, even
    > if it meant a visit from the cops to check provenance if they thought
    > something *I* was selling might be dodgy. (It wouldn't be)
    >

    On a previous auction I was watching the trader before being allowed by
    TM to relist was asked for a photo of the camera sitting on the fron
    page of the herald as proof of possesion.

    The seller was brand new no feedback and address verified
    Collector»NZ, Jun 15, 2007
    #9
  10. Collector»NZ

    Kent Smith Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital
    > Camera
    > The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    > to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    > and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    > half months old)
    >
    > Sounds really good!


    Is he in jail?


    -KENT
    Kent Smith, Jun 15, 2007
    #10
  11. Collector»NZ

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 15, 1:57 pm, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    > > On Jun 15, 11:50 am, Collector»NZ <> wrote:

    >
    > >> Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital Camera

    >
    > >> The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    > >> to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    > >> and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    > >> half months old)

    >
    > >> Sounds really good!

    >
    > > Ask for the serial number!

    >
    > Just have this could be interesting- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Get this: A friend had his Navman car gps stolen. Some time later on a
    whim he checks trademe and finds one for sale there. There is a phono
    of the unit, powered up, and it shows the the position on the map as
    outside my friend's house! The idiot that pinched it powered it up
    inside, with no gps signal, for the picture and it showed the last
    fix! He bid until he won it, then arranged for another firend, a
    copper, to pick it up.

    Naturally the 16yo thief got off with a slap on the hand.
    JohnO, Jun 15, 2007
    #11
  12. Collector»NZ

    Stu Fleming Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > On Jun 15, 1:57 pm, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >> JohnO wrote:
    >>> On Jun 15, 11:50 am, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >>>> Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital Camera
    >>>> The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    >>>> to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    >>>> and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    >>>> half months old)
    >>>> Sounds really good!
    >>> Ask for the serial number!

    >> Just have this could be interesting- Hide quoted text -
    >>
    >> - Show quoted text -

    >
    > Get this: A friend had his Navman car gps stolen. Some time later on a
    > whim he checks trademe and finds one for sale there. There is a phono
    > of the unit, powered up, and it shows the the position on the map as
    > outside my friend's house! The idiot that pinched it powered it up
    > inside, with no gps signal, for the picture and it showed the last
    > fix! He bid until he won it, then arranged for another firend, a
    > copper, to pick it up.
    >
    > Naturally the 16yo thief got off with a slap on the hand.
    >


    There's an advert in the Otago Daily Times in Dunedin this morning
    asking for the return of a 400D Canon Digital Camera minus charger,
    manuals and cable.
    Stu Fleming, Jun 16, 2007
    #12
  13. Collector»NZ

    Rob S Guest

    Stu Fleming wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    >> On Jun 15, 1:57 pm, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >>> JohnO wrote:
    >>>> On Jun 15, 11:50 am, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >>>>> Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon
    >>>>> Digital Camera
    >>>>> The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    >>>>> to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    >>>>> and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    >>>>> half months old)
    >>>>> Sounds really good!
    >>>> Ask for the serial number!
    >>> Just have this could be interesting- Hide quoted text -
    >>>
    >>> - Show quoted text -

    >>
    >> Get this: A friend had his Navman car gps stolen. Some time later on a
    >> whim he checks trademe and finds one for sale there. There is a phono
    >> of the unit, powered up, and it shows the the position on the map as
    >> outside my friend's house! The idiot that pinched it powered it up
    >> inside, with no gps signal, for the picture and it showed the last
    >> fix! He bid until he won it, then arranged for another firend, a
    >> copper, to pick it up.
    >>
    >> Naturally the 16yo thief got off with a slap on the hand.
    >>

    >
    > There's an advert in the Otago Daily Times in Dunedin this morning
    > asking for the return of a 400D Canon Digital Camera minus charger,
    > manuals and cable.


    The camera seller the op posted about is in Manukau.

    --

    Rob
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    http://aspir8or.blogspot.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


    A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Rob S, Jun 16, 2007
    #13
  14. Collector»NZ

    frederick Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon Digital Camera
    >
    > The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    > to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    > and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    > half months old)
    >
    > Sounds really good!



    I wouldn't buy it for a couple of reasons.
    A brand new 400d doesn't cost *that much* more than this is going to
    sell for - this has already reached $765 and the "within 15% of reserve"
    hasn't been reached. It isn't *worth* $1,000 - but I bet some sucker
    pays that or more.
    It's allegedly ex-Japan - what does Canon NZ do for service support on
    grey-market cameras? Japanese origin for that camera may be doubtful -
    IIRC in the Japanese market this model is sold as the "Kiss Digital N"
    or in the US market as the "Rebel XTi". The photo of the camera is
    clearly a 400d - not the Japanese model.
    frederick, Jun 16, 2007
    #14
  15. Stu Fleming wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    >> On Jun 15, 1:57 pm, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >>> JohnO wrote:
    >>>> On Jun 15, 11:50 am, Collector»NZ <> wrote:
    >>>>> Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon
    >>>>> Digital Camera
    >>>>> The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it cos my father give it
    >>>>> to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the charger, cables
    >>>>> and manual for the camera but the camera is in good condition(One and
    >>>>> half months old)
    >>>>> Sounds really good!
    >>>> Ask for the serial number!

    >
    > There's an advert in the Otago Daily Times in Dunedin this morning
    > asking for the return of a 400D Canon Digital Camera minus charger,
    > manuals and cable.


    Did you contact the advertiser ?
    Mark Robinson, Jun 16, 2007
    #15
  16. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    > > Rob S wrote:
    > >
    > > > Collector»NZ wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > Would you buy from this description of a Used EOS 400D Canon
    > > > > Digital Camera The reason for selling cos i don't how to use it
    > > > > cos my father give
    > > > > it to me when he came back from overseas and he lost the
    > > > > charger, cables and manual for the camera but the camera is in
    > > > > good condition(One and half months old)
    > > > >
    > > > > Sounds really good!
    > > > >
    > > > Sounds like asbestos glove time.
    > > >

    > >
    > > Yeah. I see a bit of stuff on Trademe that appears like it could
    > > well be stolen. Parts of home theatre systems, stuff without
    > > manuals and remotes etc as above.
    > >
    > > Surely the NZ Police could have someone keeping an eye on these
    > > things? Or TradeMe themselves? Maybe a joint effort? I for one
    > > would welcome it, even if it meant a visit from the cops to check
    > > provenance if they thought something *I* was selling might be
    > > dodgy. (It wouldn't be)

    > On a previous auction I was watching the trader before being allowed
    > by TM to relist was asked for a photo of the camera sitting on the
    > fron page of the herald as proof of possesion.
    >
    > The seller was brand new no feedback and address verified


    Ok. At least they're doing a bit then.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 16, 2007
    #16
  17. Collector»NZ

    Matty F Guest

    On Jun 16, 12:22 pm, frederick <> wrote:

    > I wouldn't buy it for a couple of reasons.
    > A brand new 400d doesn't cost *that much* more than this is going to
    > sell for - this has already reached $765


    And that highest bidder jack2323 who has bid twice also lives in
    Manukau and has had 100% unsatisfactory trading (1).
    Matty F, Jun 17, 2007
    #17
  18. Collector»NZ

    frederick Guest

    Matty F wrote:
    > On Jun 16, 12:22 pm, frederick <> wrote:
    >
    >> I wouldn't buy it for a couple of reasons.
    >> A brand new 400d doesn't cost *that much* more than this is going to
    >> sell for - this has already reached $765

    >
    > And that highest bidder jack2323 who has bid twice also lives in
    > Manukau and has had 100% unsatisfactory trading (1).
    >

    "There are 8 unanswered questions on this auction"
    frederick, Jun 18, 2007
    #18
  19. frederick wrote:
    > Matty F wrote:
    >> On Jun 16, 12:22 pm, frederick <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I wouldn't buy it for a couple of reasons.
    >>> A brand new 400d doesn't cost *that much* more than this is going to
    >>> sell for - this has already reached $765

    >>
    >> And that highest bidder jack2323 who has bid twice also lives in
    >> Manukau and has had 100% unsatisfactory trading (1).
    >>

    > "There are 8 unanswered questions on this auction"

    Which includes mine on please post serial number which has questions
    answered after it but mine has been avoided
    Collector»NZ, Jun 18, 2007
    #19
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. JD

    TradeMe strangeness

    JD, Aug 6, 2003, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    791
    SteveM
    Aug 8, 2003
  2. bruce

    trademe con? - $10 to ask a question

    bruce, Nov 8, 2003, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    44
    Views:
    3,088
    paulisa2
    Mar 14, 2010
  3. Craig

    Question about "TradeMe" bidding

    Craig, Jan 27, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    594
    Bryan Souster
    Jan 27, 2004
  4. Weez

    Trademe idiots

    Weez, May 13, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    57
    Views:
    1,167
  5. paora

    Trademe alternatives?

    paora, May 18, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,446
    paulisa2
    Mar 14, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page