    A 20 year old got 12 months in jail for running a number of scam
    auctions on Trademe...
    He sold around 10 grand of goods he never had...

    John, Sep 10, 2004

  2. John

    JedMeister Guest

    Good job.

    But 12 months jail? What does this really mean? He will be out in 2 months
    on home detention.

    JedMeister, Sep 10, 2004

  3. John

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <>,
    John <> wrote:

    > Did you see the article in the Dom?
    > A 20 year old got 12 months in jail for running a number of scam
    > auctions on Trademe...
    > He sold around 10 grand of goods he never had...

    he is certainly not the first and will not be the last.

    Want to know more about scams then go to http://www.scambusters.co.nz

    I also know complaints have been made against people acting as businesses
    and not paying taxes, illegal importing of goods avoiding taxes, breach
    of the 2nd hand dealers act. Watch for more to happen soon.

    whoisthis, Sep 10, 2004
  4. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:16:59 +1200, "JedMeister"
    <> wrote:

    >Good job.
    >
    >But 12 months jail? What does this really mean? He will be out in 2 months
    >on home detention.

    all the same, a conviction at 20? probably thought he would have got a
    fine if caught...

    John, Sep 10, 2004
  5. John

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:16:59 +1200, "JedMeister"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Good job.
    >>
    >>But 12 months jail? What does this really mean? He will be out in 2 months
    >>on home detention.

    > all the same, a conviction at 20? probably thought he would have got a
    > fine if caught...

    Oh FFS, take your PC ideology and shove it. The c*nt perpetrated a fraud,
    the c*nt got caught. The c*nt was prosecuted. The c*nt was convicted. The
    c*nt was sentenced. The c*nt got a lighter sentence than he deserved. The
    c*nt will be free to continue his fraudulent activities in less than 4
    months.

    You are a c*nt for siding on the side of a good-for-nothing fraudulent c*nt.

    FOAD you stupid PC c*nt!

    Ryan Jacobs, Sep 10, 2004
  6. John

    Evil Bastard Guest

    Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    > ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ...

    Beats me why '****' is almost acceptable these days, but '****' is not.

    Even the tv stations in non-prime-time let the fucks fly, but put up all
    manner of warnings before a **** slips out.

    What the hell is so offensive about a vernacular term for the passage
    through which most of us entered the world, and through which all of us
    received 50% of our DNA?

    English is one weird tongue!

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Sep 10, 2004
  7. John

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:16:59 +1200, "JedMeister"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Good job.
    >>>
    >>> But 12 months jail? What does this really mean? He will be out in 2
    >>> months on home detention.

    >> all the same, a conviction at 20? probably thought he would have got
    >> a fine if caught...

    > Oh FFS, take your PC ideology and shove it. The c*nt perpetrated a
    > fraud, the c*nt got caught. The c*nt was prosecuted. The c*nt was
    > convicted. The c*nt was sentenced. The c*nt got a lighter sentence
    > than he deserved. The c*nt will be free to continue his fraudulent
    > activities in less than 4 months.

    He'll do at least six months. If you get 12 months or less you are elligible
    for parole in half that time, over 12 months and it's a third. (So it's
    actually better to get 15 months than 12 months if you're being sentenced).
    You can't apply to see the parole board until *after* you've done your half
    or third (whichever) so that adds at least another month onto it, often two
    as the board only sits once a month and can be all booked up.

    If he got leave to apply for home detention (the judge says at sentencing)
    then he can apply but the parole board won't hear his case for three months.
    Only one-in-ten people who are given leave to apply for home detention get
    it.

    So the c*nt will do six months plus. Probably seven. Possibly eight. Good
    job, I hate, no, not hate (don't like the word), I *seriously* *dislike*
    thieves.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 10, 2004
  8. John

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Evil Bastard" <> wrote in message
    > Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    >> ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ...

    > Beats me why '****' is almost acceptable these days, but '****' is not.
    >
    > Even the tv stations in non-prime-time let the fucks fly, but put up all
    > manner of warnings before a **** slips out.
    >
    > What the hell is so offensive about a vernacular term for the passage
    > through which most of us entered the world, and through which all of us
    > received 50% of our DNA?
    >
    > English is one weird tongue!

    I must agree 100%. The english language is one fucked up language. We accept
    certain words as acceptable, we foam at the mouth at other words. Why?

    Well, that's a retorical question.......

    Years ago, **** was considered a taboo word, now, its everyday usage would
    be considered acceptable (although, some people would considered its usage
    not-acceptable). But the "C" word is still considered a taboo word. Not
    among those of us who are male.... but most females consider it as the most
    offensive word available.

    Which is why I "masked" the word, but more importantly, it is the one word
    left that I can use to express my utter distain!

    I hope that makes sense :)

    Ryan Jacobs, Sep 10, 2004
  9. In <AVd0d.961$> Evil Bastard wrote:
    > Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    >> ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ...

    > Beats me why '****' is almost acceptable these days, but '****' is not.
    >
    > Even the tv stations in non-prime-time let the fucks fly, but put up
    > all manner of warnings before a **** slips out.
    >
    > What the hell is so offensive about a vernacular term for the passage
    > through which most of us entered the world, and through which all of
    > us received 50% of our DNA?
    >
    > English is one weird tongue!

    Wikipedia has an excellent article on the origins of ****.

    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****

    ==
    **** has been in common use in English since at least the 13th century.

    Although Shakespeare doesn't use the word explicitly (or with derogatory
    meaning) in his plays, he still has fun with it, using wordplay to sneak
    it in. In Act III, Scene 2, of Hamlet, as the castle's residents are
    settling in to watch the play-within-the-play, Hamlet asks Ophelia,
    "Lady, shall I lie in your lap?" Ophelia of course, replies,"No, my lord.
    " Hamlet, feigning shock, says, "Do you think I meant country matters?"
    Then, to drive home the point that the accent is definitely on the first
    syllable of country, Shakespeare has Hamlet say, "That's a fair thought,
    to lie between maids' legs."
    ==

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Sep 10, 2004
  10. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:44:45 +1200, "Ryan Jacobs" <>
    wrote:
    >Oh FFS, take your PC ideology and shove it. The c*nt perpetrated a fraud,

    What PC ideology?
    All I said was the guy probably thought he'd get a fine if caught..

    gee, your stressed
    you need help!

    John, Sep 10, 2004
  11. John

    samg Guest

    Evil Bastard <> wrote in news:AVd0d.961$JQ4.65374
    @news.xtra.co.nz:

    > What the hell is so offensive about a vernacular term for the passage
    > through which most of us entered the world, and through which all of us
    > received 50% of our DNA?
    >
    > English is one weird tongue!

    Actually for almost every language around the world the most offensive swear
    word is about the vagina

    samg, Sep 10, 2004
  12. John

    Rebel Lord Guest

    Evil Bastard wrote:

    > Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    >> ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ... c*nt ...

    > Beats me why '****' is almost acceptable these days, but '****' is
    > not.
    >
    > Even the tv stations in non-prime-time let the fucks fly, but put up
    > all manner of warnings before a **** slips out.
    >
    > What the hell is so offensive about a vernacular term for the passage
    > through which most of us entered the world, and through which all of
    > us received 50% of our DNA?
    >
    > English is one weird tongue!

    It's even weirder when you consider it was polite until the Romans
    conquered Briton and decided the native laguage was vulgar.

    Rebel Lord, Sep 11, 2004
  13. John wrote:
    > all the same, a conviction at 20? probably thought he would have got a
    > fine if caught...

    it presumably isn't his first offence.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 11, 2004
  14. Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    > Oh FFS, take your PC ideology and shove it. The c*nt perpetrated a fraud,
    > the c*nt got caught. The c*nt was prosecuted. The c*nt was convicted. The
    > c*nt was sentenced. The c*nt got a lighter sentence than he deserved. The
    > c*nt will be free to continue his fraudulent activities in less than 4
    > months.

    > You are a c*nt for siding on the side of a good-for-nothing fraudulent c*nt.
    > FOAD you stupid PC c*nt!

    thats perhaps just a little over the top... dont you think?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 11, 2004

    heh, you said **** heh.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 11, 2004
  16. ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Good
    > job, I hate, no, not hate (don't like the word), I *seriously* *dislike*
    > thieves.

    At least theives only steal so called "valuables" most of which can
    be(easily enough) replaced.
    It isn't a victimless crime, but at least no-one gets hurt.

    I hope the above makes sense, by theives, I mean those that just steal,
    not beat house owners and steal or anything.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 11, 2004
  17. John

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Good
    >> job, I hate, no, not hate (don't like the word), I *seriously*
    >> *dislike* thieves.

    > At least theives only steal so called "valuables" most of which can
    > be(easily enough) replaced.
    > It isn't a victimless crime, but at least no-one gets hurt.
    >
    > I hope the above makes sense, by theives, I mean those that just
    > steal, not beat house owners and steal or anything.

    I understand what you mean. My perceptions are coloured somewhat by being
    scrupulously honest (Good upbringing, if I get given too much change at a
    shop I tell them) and from being burgled once of everything of value I
    owned.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 11, 2004
  18. John

    Damon Nomad Guest

    On , , Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:44:45 +1200, Re: Trademe scamming,
    "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote:

    >"John" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:16:59 +1200, "JedMeister"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Good job.
    >>>
    >>>But 12 months jail? What does this really mean? He will be out in 2 months
    >>>on home detention.

    >> all the same, a conviction at 20? probably thought he would have got a
    >> fine if caught...

    >Oh FFS, take your PC ideology and shove it. The c*nt

    Are you dyslexic? What on earth is a c*nt?

    Damon Nomad, Sep 11, 2004
  19. John

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Ryan Jacobs wrote:
    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:16:59 +1200, "JedMeister"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Good job.
    >>>
    >>> But 12 months jail? What does this really mean? He will be out in 2
    >>> months on home detention.

    >> all the same, a conviction at 20? probably thought he would have got
    >> a fine if caught...

    > Oh FFS, take your PC ideology and shove it. The c*nt perpetrated a
    > fraud, the c*nt got caught. The c*nt was prosecuted. The c*nt was
    > convicted. The c*nt was sentenced. The c*nt got a lighter sentence
    > than he deserved. The c*nt will be free to continue his fraudulent
    > activities in less than 4 months.
    >
    > You are a c*nt for siding on the side of a good-for-nothing
    > fraudulent c*nt.
    >
    > FOAD you stupid PC c*nt!

    Ever heard of reading comprehension? Where does John side with the
    fraudster? In any way whatsover? *You* read that into it... you read
    something into it that wasn't there. You then fired off a foul-mouthed
    tirade at the poor bugger based on an assumption that you made about
    something that he didn't actually say. I think you owe him an apology.

    Nik Coughin, Sep 12, 2004
  20. In article <9Na0d.889$>, "JedMeister" <> was seen to type:
    <tpf>
    >"John" <> wrote in message
    >> Did you see the article in the Dom?
    >> A 20 year old got 12 months in jail for running a number of scam
    >> auctions on Trademe...
    >> He sold around 10 grand of goods he never had...

    >Good job.
    >
    >But 12 months jail? What does this really mean? He will be out in 2

    months
    >on home detention.

    $10 k / year is not good money ... I guess we should include the free
    room and board for a year too tho. Doesn't look quite so bad then. :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 13, 2004