Trademe Scammer foiled!

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Dec 7, 2008.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Hello gentle readers,

    I spotted a ThinkPad auction on Trademe the other day that I knew in my gut
    was wrong. I sent a link the to EMB who said that it looked like an old
    Celeron machine or similar.

    However, in the pics could plainly be seen a ''T60" badge and a "Core 2 Duo"
    and a "Vista" sticker. However, in no way did it look like a T60. The
    auction said no pickups, bank deposit and free delivery only.

    So I was watching it and someone bid. I couldn't stand idly by and see
    someone fleeced of their money so I bid. They had an autobid of $501,
    something I noticed when my bid of $500 was beaten by $1 instead of the
    usual $5. I bid again and decided that I'd either scored a real bargain or,
    far more likely, saved someone from being ripped off.

    Long story short, the seller purported to be a female named "Jane" who'd
    only been a member of Tradme for this auction. In emails I said that there
    was no way I was going to send $500 to someone who wasn't address verified,
    for a laptop that I wasn't sure was what it was supposed to be.

    "Jane" (with the email address , emails from which
    account arrived from "Jeff Mart L" but signed "Jane") at some stage morphed
    into her ex (with whom she was still on good terms) as she had to hit the
    road this morning, she was working "up north".

    I insisted on a meet, said I was keen and it was arranged that we would meet
    at Greenlane MacDonalds at 7:30 this evening (make sure I had the cash!). I
    enlisted the assistance of a friend who's computer I'd been fixing today,
    withdrew the money from my credit card (just in case) and headed up there.

    Low and behold, when "Jeff" finally turned up 25 minutes late the laptop
    that was produced was a Pentium II /400Mhz 10+ year old machine. Not only
    had the Core 2 Duo sticker mysteriously vanished but there were no serial
    numbers on the back. However, there *was* a T60 badge glued onto the
    machine.

    At this stage I scratched my head and a camera flash went off.

    http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1228640360.jpg

    (Gosh I didn't realise I was getting so bald!. He's the white-haired guy
    looking like he's been caught in a lie BTW.)

    "Jeff" looked nervously about but couldn't see anyone with a camera. I asked
    where the 'Core 2 Duo' sticker went and he said it must have fallen off in
    the bag so I sadistically made him look for it. <g> I told him he was
    mistaken that the laptop wasn't worth the gas it'd cost me to get to
    Greenlane, and he left, not before my friend shadowed him across the
    half-empty carpark, across the street and another 300 metres to his White
    1990 Mitsubishi Eterna (rego number TT5570) and got some pics of him in the
    car.

    Oh, the auction: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=190535781

    I'll write an email to Trademe when I can be bothered, I'm a bit sore right
    now. I guess Trademe will contact the police?
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 7, 2008

  2. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ooops, hit 'send' too soon, meant to cross to nz.gen. Fixed now.

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:

    ~misfit~, Dec 7, 2008

  3. ~misfit~

    Mike Dee Guest

    Hello gentle readers,

    > I spotted a ThinkPad auction on Trademe the other day that I knew in my
    > gut was wrong. I sent a link the to EMB who said that it looked like an
    > old Celeron machine or similar.

    I think the mouse-keys instead of a track-pad is bit of a give-away. Don't
    think I've seen a "IBM Think-pad" sticker like that for some time, either
    (maybe I don't look?).

    [...]
    > Low and behold, when "Jeff" finally turned up 25 minutes late the laptop
    > that was produced was a Pentium II /400Mhz 10+ year old machine. Not
    > only had the Core 2 Duo sticker mysteriously vanished but there were no
    > serial numbers on the back. However, there *was* a T60 badge glued onto
    > the machine.
    >
    > At this stage I scratched my head and a camera flash went off.
    >
    > http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1228640360.jpg

    Don't think I could place the white haired guy as a scammer though...
    Shows how gullible I can be.

    > (Gosh I didn't realise I was getting so bald!. He's the white-haired guy
    > looking like he's been caught in a lie BTW.)

    [...]
    > Oh, the auction: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=190535781

    It was running Ubuntu, I see.

    > I'll write an email to Trademe when I can be bothered, I'm a bit sore
    > right now. I guess Trademe will contact the police?

    I've been doing a few Trade-Me buys lately (so far all good, but some have
    felt "touch and go" with many emails from me with longish waits before
    of these days :)

    Cheers.

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Dec 7, 2008
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    > Hello gentle readers,
    >>
    >> I spotted a ThinkPad auction on Trademe the other day that I knew in
    >> my gut was wrong. I sent a link the to EMB who said that it looked
    >> like an old Celeron machine or similar.

    > I think the mouse-keys instead of a track-pad is bit of a give-away.

    It's the lack of a touchpad that was odd. Even new ThinkPads still have the
    'joystick' as well as a touchpad.

    > Don't think I've seen a "IBM Think-pad" sticker like that for some
    > time, either (maybe I don't look?).

    That "IBM ThinkPad" logo was still in use a year ago, perhaps still is?
    Here's a real T60, a year old:

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=191120305

    Yeah, I knew something was hinckey, hence the double-check with EMB.
    However, I wasn't 100% sure, what with the claim that it was a Chinese
    model, hence the taking along of the $500. Gotta go pay that back off my
    credit card tomorrow, shame about the cash withdrawal fee. :-(

    >> Low and behold, when "Jeff" finally turned up 25 minutes late the
    >> laptop that was produced was a Pentium II /400Mhz 10+ year old
    >> machine. Not
    >> only had the Core 2 Duo sticker mysteriously vanished but there were
    >> no serial numbers on the back. However, there *was* a T60 badge
    >> glued onto the machine.
    >>
    >> At this stage I scratched my head and a camera flash went off.
    >>
    >> http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1228640360.jpg

    > Don't think I could place the white haired guy as a scammer though...
    > Shows how gullible I can be.

    LOL, I hope you're not insinuating that the other guy looks like a scammer!
    <g> I knew I should have cropped myself out of the pic.

    Seriously though, I have a sixth sense about some things. The auction set
    off alarms first (there's no way that it was a 'Jane' writing that and,
    after saying that 'she' was 'not computer person' went on to give some
    pretty 'computer person' descriptions. Also some statements that were
    designed to be deliberately vague, yet promising... The whole thing set my
    alarm bells ringing...) and within seconds of talking to this guy I could
    tell he was an accomplished 'misguider'. To be honest I'm surprised he
    showed up, I personally thought there was a 50/50 chance (especially after I
    told him I'd be wearing a shirt that said "I do whatever the voices in my
    head tell me to do..."). Greed must have driven him. You should have seen
    him trying to evade my friend with the camera once he was in the car and
    said friend decided there was no need for subterfuge anymore.

    >> (Gosh I didn't realise I was getting so bald!. He's the white-haired
    >> guy looking like he's been caught in a lie BTW.)

    > [...]
    >>
    >> Oh, the auction:
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=190535781

    > It was running Ubuntu, I see.

    Yes. When the GRUB screen came up there were many options. I'm not a 'nix
    man so I chose XP and, after an age it loaded, so I right-clicked my
    computer, then looked at properties (after finding out all I wanted to know
    in BIOS anyway).

    >> I'll write an email to Trademe when I can be bothered, I'm a bit sore
    >> right now. I guess Trademe will contact the police?

    I still haven't been in touch with them, Looks like it'll be tomorrow now,
    I'm knackered.

    > I've been doing a few Trade-Me buys lately (so far all good, but some
    > have felt "touch and go" with many emails from me with longish waits
    > before responses and goods arrive) I just might ask for your opinion
    > on one, one of these days :)

    Hehee! Word to the wise; Don't transfer money to new traders, only do
    face-to-face deals with them. If they aren't in your area, don't buy from
    them. (If it's a small amount that you can afford to lose it's up to you...)

    Good luck,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 7, 2008
  5. ~misfit~

    EMB Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Ooops, hit 'send' too soon, meant to cross to nz.gen. Fixed now.

    Get it onto scambusters too.

    EMB, Dec 7, 2008
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Ooops, hit 'send' too soon, meant to cross to nz.gen. Fixed now.

    > Get it onto scambusters too.

    Who what where?

    Ahh, did the obvious and made an NZ URL out of it and found it. Will do.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 7, 2008
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

> [...]
    >>>
    >>> (Gosh I didn't realise I was getting so bald!. He's the white-haired
    >>> guy looking like he's been caught in a lie BTW.)
    >>>
    >>> "Jeff" looked nervously about but couldn't see anyone with a camera.
    >>> I asked where the 'Core 2 Duo' sticker went and he said it must have
    >>> fallen off in the bag so I sadistically made him look for it. <g> I
    >>> told him he was mistaken that the laptop wasn't worth the gas it'd
    >>> cost me to get to Greenlane, and he left, not before my friend
    >>> shadowed him across the half-empty carpark, across the street and
    >>> another 300 metres to his White 1990 Mitsubishi Eterna (rego number
    >>> TT5570) and got some pics of him in the car.
    >>>
    >>> Oh, the auction:
    >>> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=190535781
    >>> I'll write an email to Trademe when I can be bothered, I'm a bit
    >>> sore right now. I guess Trademe will contact the police?

    Thanks. I simply couldn't sit idly by and see someone fleece another person.

    > You's doin' de lawd's work in dis wicked world.

    Hehee! Do you think the de lawd will let me into heaven now? Or at least
    reimburse me for the petrol, cash advance fee and the latte from MacDonalds?
    ;-)

    LOL, I better get to the bank soon, having $500 in my pocket is a
    temptation, even with my relatively good self control.

    BTW, I've been going through the process of trying to lay a complaint at
    Trademe. They don't make it easy. Just about every option you click on
    basically tells you to do something other than contact them. They've removed
    the old "Report this auction / trader" button. Trademe make it *really* hard
    to actually lay a complaint. Not surprising really, I checked my account
    details with them going back to Feb '01 when I joined. I added it up and
    realised I've paid them $925 (!!!!!) in commision / fees in just under 8
    years, and that's just on stuff I've sold! You don't kill the goose that
    lays the golden eggs.

    Even Scambusters make you jump through hoops, signing up etc.

    (If I had a dollar for every site I'd signed up to I'd have several hundred
    dollars. Of course, I have to use a unique password for each and keep them
    all in a (password protected) document. If I didn't and just one has it's
    database compromised all they'd need to do is try my username / password at
    other sites, some of which could net them rewards...)

    I think I'll just put the fear of de lawd into him, send him an email
    telling him I've been to the police with his car info, recording of the
    conversation, printout of the emails and his picture.... I have that
    psuedonym listed so I'll be notified if he tried to list anything else using
    that name. Hopefully he just gets stung for the commision on that auction...

    He's a slimey one. My sixth sense kicked in big time sitting next to him. I
    have the feeling (and they're usually right) that fraud is only the tip of
    the iceberg of his wickedness. <shudder>

    Be well,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 7, 2008
  8. ~misfit~

    Squiggle Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Ooops, hit 'send' too soon, meant to cross to nz.gen. Fixed now.

    > Get it onto scambusters too.

    Interesting site that one, I didn't realise how widespread the scams
    were on Trademe. Or how crap the Trademe security team were.

    As time goes on I can only see Trademe loosing ground to some newcomer,
    the way they keep cranking their fees up, and the usability down.
    The latest stupidity of having to pay a fee to put a reserve on an
    auction is going to see it turn into more of a fixed price classified
    site than auction house.

    Squiggle, Dec 7, 2008
  9. ~misfit~

    Squiggle Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> Ooops, hit 'send' too soon, meant to cross to nz.gen. Fixed now.
    >>>
    >>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:

    >> Congratulations, a lovely sting!

    > Thanks. I simply couldn't sit idly by and see someone fleece another person.
    >
    >> You's doin' de lawd's work in dis wicked world.

    > Hehee! Do you think the de lawd will let me into heaven now? Or at least
    > reimburse me for the petrol, cash advance fee and the latte from MacDonalds?
    > ;-)
    >
    > LOL, I better get to the bank soon, having $500 in my pocket is a
    > temptation, even with my relatively good self control.
    >
    > BTW, I've been going through the process of trying to lay a complaint at
    > Trademe. They don't make it easy. Just about every option you click on
    > basically tells you to do something other than contact them. They've removed
    > the old "Report this auction / trader" button. Trademe make it *really* hard
    > to actually lay a complaint. Not surprising really, I checked my account
    > details with them going back to Feb '01 when I joined. I added it up and
    > realised I've paid them $925 (!!!!!) in commision / fees in just under 8
    > years, and that's just on stuff I've sold! You don't kill the goose that
    > lays the golden eggs.

    Yep, the fastest way to get them to do some is to hit the report this
    link, then select the option about trader is trying to avoid paying
    trademe fees (strangely enough its the top option in the list).
    Did that the other day on a trader that was listing lots of items on one
    listing with different prices and got a reply within 5 minutes, saying
    that the auction had been shut down.

    Any other time i've tried to contact trademe with queries etc its always
    been 2 or 3 days.

    Squiggle, Dec 7, 2008
  10. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    >> Hello gentle readers,
    >>> I spotted a ThinkPad auction on Trademe the other day that I knew in
    >>> my gut was wrong. I sent a link the to EMB who said that it looked
    >>> like an old Celeron machine or similar.

    >> I think the mouse-keys instead of a track-pad is bit of a give-away.

    > It's the lack of a touchpad that was odd. Even new ThinkPads still have the
    > 'joystick' as well as a touchpad.

    I like that because it means that you get mouse buttons in the logical
    place for them when using the touchpad, rather then at the bottom which
    is all that most computers give you for some reason.

    >> Don't think I've seen a "IBM Think-pad" sticker like that for some
    >> time, either (maybe I don't look?).

    > That "IBM ThinkPad" logo was still in use a year ago, perhaps still is?
    > Here's a real T60, a year old:
    >
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=191120305

    I think the T60 was the last that was branded IBM, they are all just
    thinkpad now

    Richard, Dec 7, 2008
  11. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    Squiggle wrote:
    > EMB wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> Ooops, hit 'send' too soon, meant to cross to nz.gen. Fixed now.

    >> Get it onto scambusters too.

    > Interesting site that one, I didn't realise how widespread the scams
    > were on Trademe. Or how crap the Trademe security team were.
    >
    > As time goes on I can only see Trademe loosing ground to some newcomer,
    > the way they keep cranking their fees up, and the usability down.
    > The latest stupidity of having to pay a fee to put a reserve on an
    > auction is going to see it turn into more of a fixed price classified
    > site than auction house.

    Already has with start bids well over the retail cost of a new
    replacement once you add on the delivery to a lot of things.

    Richard, Dec 7, 2008
  12. ~misfit~

    Guest

    On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:01:41 +1300, Squiggle <>
    wrote:

    >EMB wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> Ooops, hit 'send' too soon, meant to cross to nz.gen. Fixed now.

    >> Get it onto scambusters too.

    >Interesting site that one, I didn't realise how widespread the scams
    >were on Trademe. Or how crap the Trademe security team were.
    >
    >As time goes on I can only see Trademe loosing ground to some newcomer,
    >the way they keep cranking their fees up, and the usability down.

    Is loosing ground the same as throwing dirt or sand around? I think
    you meant losing ground, not loosing ground.

    >The latest stupidity of having to pay a fee to put a reserve on an
    >auction is going to see it turn into more of a fixed price classified
    >site than auction house.

    Is that why there is no reserve but a minimum bid on so many auctions
    these days?

    , Dec 8, 2008
  13. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:

    >>> Congratulations, a lovely sting!

    >> Thanks. I simply couldn't sit idly by and see someone fleece another
    >> person.
    >>
    >>> You's doin' de lawd's work in dis wicked world.

    >> Hehee! Do you think the de lawd will let me into heaven now? Or at
    >> least reimburse me for the petrol, cash advance fee and the latte
    >> from MacDonalds? ;-)
    >>
    >> LOL, I better get to the bank soon, having $500 in my pocket is a
    >> temptation, even with my relatively good self control.
    >>
    >> BTW, I've been going through the process of trying to lay a
    >> complaint at Trademe. They don't make it easy. Just about every
    >> option you click on basically tells you to do something other than
    >> contact them. They've removed the old "Report this auction / trader"
    >> button. Trademe make it *really* hard to actually lay a complaint.
    >> Not surprising really, I checked my account details with them going
    >> back to Feb '01 when I joined. I added it up and realised I've paid
    >> them $925 (!!!!!) in commision / fees in just under 8 years, and
    >> that's just on stuff I've sold! You don't kill the goose that lays
    >> the golden eggs.
    >>

    > Yep, the fastest way to get them to do some is to hit the report this
    > link, then select the option about trader is trying to avoid paying
    > trademe fees (strangely enough its the top option in the list).

    Odd that.

    > Did that the other day on a trader that was listing lots of items on
    > one listing with different prices and got a reply within 5 minutes,
    > saying that the auction had been shut down.
    >
    > Any other time i've tried to contact trademe with queries etc its
    > always been 2 or 3 days.

    Thanks. Unfortunately the 'report this listing' link vanishes as soon as the
    auction closes. :-(

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 8, 2008
  14. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    >>> Hello gentle readers,
    >>> I think the mouse-keys instead of a track-pad is bit of a give-away.

    >> It's the lack of a touchpad that was odd. Even new ThinkPads still
    >> have the 'joystick' as well as a touchpad.

    > I like that because it means that you get mouse buttons in the logical
    > place for them when using the touchpad, rather then at the bottom
    > which is all that most computers give you for some reason.
    >
    >>> Don't think I've seen a "IBM Think-pad" sticker like that for some
    >>> time, either (maybe I don't look?).

    >> That "IBM ThinkPad" logo was still in use a year ago, perhaps still
    >> is? Here's a real T60, a year old:
    >>
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=191120305

    > I think the T60 was the last that was branded IBM, they are all just
    > thinkpad now

    Yes, I believe you're right. Lenovo bought the rights to 'ThinkPad" but only
    had the rights to use "IBM" for a set period, I think 4 years?
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 8, 2008
  15. ~misfit~

    Squiggle Guest

    wrote:
    > On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:01:41 +1300, Squiggle <>
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> As time goes on I can only see Trademe loosing ground to some newcomer,
    >> the way they keep cranking their fees up, and the usability down.

    > Is loosing ground the same as throwing dirt or sand around? I think
    > you meant losing ground, not loosing ground.

    Indeed I did, not sure how that one slipped past me, I'm usually pretty
    good at proof reading what I type, and I certainly know the difference
    between those two.

    >> The latest stupidity of having to pay a fee to put a reserve on an
    >> auction is going to see it turn into more of a fixed price classified
    >> site than auction house.

    > Is that why there is no reserve but a minimum bid on so many auctions
    > these days?

    Yes, not that trademe minds of course, they must be raking in a few
    dollars from those that regret not putting a reserve on and then
    withdrawing their auctions (for a $3 fee).

    Squiggle, Dec 8, 2008
  16. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    > PeeCee wrote:
    >>>

    >> Yay, nice one Shaun, pity Fair Go has finished for the year.
    >>
    >> Good to put a face to your name as well.

    > I'm saw a guy who looked very much like your dude, on TV1 news the
    > other night - handing out info at the door of a Hanover Finance
    > investor meeting.

    That *is* him! Bugalugs recognised him from my pic as well and alerted me so
    I checked TV on demand, then saw him again on the evening news. (He was
    actually putting his vote in the ballot box at the shareholder's meeting.)

    <http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1228858930.jpg>

    Seems he may have lost access to his money so taken to attempting fraud in
    the interim.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 9, 2008
  17. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "abuse@127.0.0.1" typed:
> [...]
    >>
    >> "Jeff" looked nervously about but couldn't see anyone with a camera.
    >> I asked where the 'Core 2 Duo' sticker went and he said it must have
    >> fallen off in the bag so I sadistically made him look for it. <g> I
    >> told him he was mistaken that the laptop wasn't worth the gas it'd
    >> cost me to get to Greenlane, and he left, not before my friend
    >> shadowed him across the half-empty carpark, across the street and
    >> another 300 metres to his White 1990 Mitsubishi Eterna (rego number
    >> TT5570) and got some pics of him in the car.
    >>
    >> Oh, the auction:
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=190535781 I'll write an
    >> email to Trademe when I can be bothered, I'm a bit sore
    >> right now. I guess Trademe will contact the police?

    > Yay, nice one Shaun, pity Fair Go has finished for the year.
    >
    > Good to put a face to your name as well.

    Thanks Paul, I appreciate that. Once I twigged to what was going on I
    couldn't stand idly by knowing someone was going to be ripped off. What's
    that quote? "All that's needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do
    nothing"? (Or similar.) Well, I try to be a good man. <g>

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 9, 2008
  18. ~misfit~

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <ghmop9$ill$>,
    says...
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    > > PeeCee wrote:
    > >>>
    > >> Yay, nice one Shaun, pity Fair Go has finished for the year.
    > >>
    > >> Good to put a face to your name as well.

    > > I'm saw a guy who looked very much like your dude, on TV1 news the
    > > other night - handing out info at the door of a Hanover Finance
    > > investor meeting.

    > That *is* him! Bugalugs recognised him from my pic as well and alerted me so
    > I checked TV on demand, then saw him again on the evening news. (He was
    > actually putting his vote in the ballot box at the shareholder's meeting.)
    >
    > <http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1228858930.jpg>
    >
    > Seems he may have lost access to his money so taken to attempting fraud in
    > the interim.

    Small world - NZ :)

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Dec 9, 2008
  19. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    > On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:47:37 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:

    >> Thanks Paul, I appreciate that. Once I twigged to what was going on I
    >> couldn't stand idly by knowing someone was going to be ripped off.
    >> What's that quote? "All that's needed for evil to triumph is for
    >> good men to do nothing"? (Or similar.) Well, I try to be a good man.
    >> <g>

    > I showed the pic to my wife and asked her to choose who was the
    > scammer -
    > yep , you got it :)

    LOL, me?
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 10, 2008
  20. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:
    > In article <ghmop9$ill$>,
    > says...
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs "" typed:

    >>> I'm saw a guy who looked very much like your dude, on TV1 news the
    >>> other night - handing out info at the door of a Hanover Finance
    >>> investor meeting.

    >> That *is* him! Bugalugs recognised him from my pic as well and
    >> alerted me so I checked TV on demand, then saw him again on the
    >> evening news. (He was actually putting his vote in the ballot box at
    >> the shareholder's meeting.)
    >>
    >> <http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1228858930.jpg>
    >>
    >> Seems he may have lost access to his money so taken to attempting
    >> fraud in the interim.

    > Small world - NZ :)

    Indeed. Still, that surprised me. :)
    --