    Customer Department.

    The link is not to trademe, and not even well disguised

    http://www.endingviolence.com/trademe.co.nz/login.htm
    collector«NZ, Aug 23, 2007

  2. On Aug 23, 12:35 pm, collector«NZ <> wrote:
    > A new Phishing attack is being run against trademe again.
    >
    > Dear Value Member,
    >
    > We are updating our database in order to delete the inactive users. Such
    > are users who haven't used the system in the last 3 months.
    > In order to check who is active we are sending this e-mail to all our
    > registered users.
    > You can confirm your activity by clicking here.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Debra Staton
    > Customer Department.
    >
    > The link is not to trademe, and not even well disguised
    >
    > http://www.endingviolence.com/trademe.co.nz/login.htm

    (FYI) this URL is already being blocked by IE7s Phishing Filter

    Cheers
    Nathan
    Nathan Mercer, Aug 23, 2007

  3. collector«NZ

    Shane Guest

    collector«NZ wrote:

    > A new Phishing attack is being run against trademe again.
    >
    > Dear Value Member,
    >

    > We are updating our database in order to delete the inactive users. Such
    > are users who haven't used the system in the last 3 months.
    > In order to check who is active we are sending this e-mail to all our
    > registered users.
    > You can confirm your activity by clicking here.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Debra Staton
    > Customer Department.
    >
    > The link is not to trademe, and not even well disguised
    >
    > http://www.endingviolence.com/trademe.co.nz/login.htm

    way cool that tripped firefoxs phishing thingamy
    --
    Q: Why do mathematicians often confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25.
    Shane, Aug 23, 2007
  4. On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:06:30 -0700, Nathan Mercer wrote:

    > (FYI) this URL is already being blocked by IE7s Phishing Filter

    How does that help people who don't use M$IE version 7?

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Aug 23, 2007
  5. On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:08:08 +1200, Shane wrote:

    > way cool that tripped firefoxs phishing thingamy

    Excellent feature that. :eek:)

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Aug 23, 2007
  6. collector«NZ

    none Guest

    Jonathan Walker wrote:
    > Excellent feature that. :eek:)

    How does that help people who don't use Firefox version 2?

    _b
    none, Aug 23, 2007
  7. On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:53:36 +1200, none wrote:

    >> Excellent feature that. :eek:)

    > How does that help people who don't use Firefox version 2?

    It doesn't. However, it is an excellent feature, and it is trivially easy
    to upgrade their installation of M$IE to Firefox 2.

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Aug 23, 2007
  8. In message <46cce851$>, none wrote:

    > Jonathan Walker wrote:
    >
    >> Excellent feature that. :eek:)

    > How does that help people who don't use Firefox version 2?

    Which is like asking "how does that help people who don't wear seatbelts?".
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 23, 2007
  9. collector«NZ

    Barry Lennox Guest

    On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:08:08 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote:

    >collector«NZ wrote:
    >
    >> A new Phishing attack is being run against trademe again.
    >>
    >> Dear Value Member,
    >>

    >> We are updating our database in order to delete the inactive users. Such
    >> are users who haven't used the system in the last 3 months.
    >> In order to check who is active we are sending this e-mail to all our
    >> registered users.
    >> You can confirm your activity by clicking here.
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >> Debra Staton
    >> Customer Department.
    >>
    >> The link is not to trademe, and not even well disguised
    >>
    >> http://www.endingviolence.com/trademe.co.nz/login.htm

    >way cool that tripped firefoxs phishing thingamy

    And Opera's. Neat!
    Barry Lennox, Aug 23, 2007
  10. collector«NZ

    XPD Guest

    "none" <> wrote in message
    > Jonathan Walker wrote:
    >> Excellent feature that. :eek:)

    > How does that help people who don't use Firefox version 2?
    >
    > _b

    So... out of 7 or so people, 2 havent upgraded their browser in quite some
    time. :)
    XPD, Aug 23, 2007
  11. "Jonathan Walker" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:06:30 -0700, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >
    >> (FYI) this URL is already being blocked by IE7s Phishing Filter

    > How does that help people who don't use M$IE version 7?

    Surely nobody using a non-Microsoft browser would be stupid enough to fall
    for a phishing attack...

    Andrew
    Andrew Dunford, Aug 23, 2007
  12. On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:02:36 +1200, Barry Lennox wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:08:08 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>collector«NZ wrote:
    >>
    >>> A new Phishing attack is being run against trademe again.
    >>>
    >>> Dear Value Member,
    >>>
    >>> We are updating our database in order to delete the inactive users. Such
    >>> are users who haven't used the system in the last 3 months.
    >>> In order to check who is active we are sending this e-mail to all our
    >>> registered users.
    >>> You can confirm your activity by clicking here.
    >>>
    >>> Sincerely,
    >>> Debra Staton
    >>> Customer Department.
    >>>
    >>> The link is not to trademe, and not even well disguised
    >>>
    >>> http://www.endingviolence.com/trademe.co.nz/login.htm

    >>way cool that tripped firefoxs phishing thingamy

    > And Opera's. Neat!

    And Kascersky screamed when i clikced on that
    Nice to see this stuff working.
    Robin Halligan, Aug 23, 2007
  13. collector«NZ

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <46cce491$>,
    Jonathan Walker <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:06:30 -0700, Nathan Mercer wrote:
    >
    > > (FYI) this URL is already being blocked by IE7s Phishing Filter

    > How does that help people who don't use M$IE version 7?

    By showing them that there are better products out there and that they
    can use this product for FREE.
    whoisthis, Aug 23, 2007
  14. On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:52:50 +1200, Andrew Dunford wrote:

    > Surely nobody using a non-Microsoft browser would be stupid enough to fall
    > for a phishing attack...

    There are plenty of people using Firefox - including the stupid and the
    moronic.

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Aug 24, 2007