    selling items? If said items don't go over $100.

    What do others use as their balances?

    Told ya it was a dumb question :)

    Flintstone, Oct 27, 2006

  2. Flintstone

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:59:00 +1300, Flintstone
    <> magnanimously proffered:

    >What would be the minimum amount to have in your Trademe account when
    >selling items? If said items don't go over $100.
    >
    >What do others use as their balances?
    >
    >Told ya it was a dumb question :)

    Well this may be a dumb answer ;-)

    I mostly buy and only do a little selling ... mostly vintage watches.
    The reserve & winning bids are almost always *over* the 100 dollar
    mark. But I've never kept more than $50 in my account to cover the
    listing and success fees, and have let the balance go down to around
    eight dollars before topping it up again.

    Donchano, Oct 27, 2006

  3. Flintstone

    Richard Guest

    Flintstone wrote:

    > What would be the minimum amount to have in your Trademe account when
    > selling items? If said items don't go over $100.
    >
    > What do others use as their balances?
    >
    > Told ya it was a dumb question :)

    I take it up to $10 or so, list everything and then it goes way into
    debt when they sell, then I usually leave it till I need to sell again,
    but this time they stopped me bidding after a few weeks to I topped it
    up to get it just out of debt. No point leaving my money with them
    earning them interest instead of me.

    Richard, Oct 27, 2006
  4. Flintstone

    thingy Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Flintstone wrote:
    >>
    >> What would be the minimum amount to have in your Trademe account when
    >> selling items? If said items don't go over $100.
    >>
    >> What do others use as their balances?
    >>
    >> Told ya it was a dumb question :)

    > I take it up to $10 or so, list everything and then it goes way into
    > debt when they sell, then I usually leave it till I need to sell again,
    > but this time they stopped me bidding after a few weeks to I topped it
    > up to get it just out of debt. No point leaving my money with them
    > earning them interest instead of me.

    Yep, I had $2 odd for months and month, then sold something for a few
    hundred and went overdrawn, I just added another $10...so have just a
    few Dollars....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Oct 27, 2006