TradeMe Images

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by virus, Dec 19, 2004.

  1. virus

    virus Guest

    Chris Maslin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just a quick post to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
    >
    > Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I can
    > right click on the box where the image should be and choose "View Image"
    > and see it that way, and all other images on the page load fine (logos,
    > navigation etc.).
    >
    > Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior to
    > FF1.0 anyway) this all worked fine in Firefox (which I have been using
    > for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
    >
    > Is this:
    >
    > a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
    > b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
    > c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Chris.

    I have no problems with TM using FF ...

    cheers

    GC

    --

    No virus checking was performed on this outgoing email
    Since no Microsoft products were used in its generation

    Powered by :-

    #####
    # # # ## #### # # # # ## ##### ######
    # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
    ##### # # # # #### # # # # # # #####
    # # ###### # # # # ## # ###### ##### #
    # # # # # # # # # ## ## # # # # #
    ##### ###### # # #### # # # # # # # # ######

    # ### ###
    ## # # # #
    # # # # # #
    # # # # #
    # # # ### # # ###
    # # # ### # # ###
    ##### ### ### ### ###

    virus, Dec 19, 2004

  2. virus

    virus Guest

    Chris Maslin, Dec 19, 2004
  4. virus

    XPD Guest

    "Chris Maslin" <> wrote in message
    > Is this:
    >
    > a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
    > b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
    > c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)

    Just you :) Reinstall :)

    XPD, Dec 19, 2004
  5. virus

    XPD, Dec 19, 2004
  6. Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 12:43 a.m.:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just a quick post to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
    >
    > Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I can
    > right click on the box where the image should be and choose "View Image"
    > and see it that way, and all other images on the page load fine (logos,
    > navigation etc.).
    >
    > Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior to
    > FF1.0 anyway) this all worked fine in Firefox (which I have been using
    > for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
    >
    > Is this:
    >
    > a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
    > b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
    > c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Chris.

    Trade me run a dedicates (and seperate) image web server, you have the
    option to load images for originating site only selected, it is not a
    fault or bug its a user choice.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Dec 19, 2004

    Collector»NZ, Dec 19, 2004
  8. virus

    # Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:43:18 +1300, Chris Maslin wrote:

    > Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I can right click on the box where
    > the image should be and choose "View Image" and see it that way, and all other images on the page
    > load fine (logos, navigation etc.).
    >
    > Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior to FF1.0 anyway) this all
    > worked fine in Firefox (which I have been using for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
    >
    > Is this:
    >
    > a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
    > b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
    > c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)

    Under "Web Features" check to see if you have selected "for the originating
    web site only" under "Load Images".

    If it is selected, you will need to either uncheck, or add an exception.

    If it isn't, as others have suggested, try reinstalling.

    #, Dec 19, 2004
  9. virus

    #, Dec 19, 2004
  10. virus

    Mike Dee Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in

    > "Chris Maslin" <> wrote in message
    >> Is this:
    >>
    >> a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
    >> b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
    >> c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)

    > Just you :) Reinstall :)

    Not good advice [but smileys noted]

    Collector and # in this thread got it spot-on. It's a user congfig
    setting in FF and Moz.

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Dec 20, 2004
  11. virus

    Mike Dee Guest

    Mike Dee, Dec 20, 2004
  12. virus

    TomV Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Just a quick post to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
    >
    >Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I can right click on the box where
    >the image should be and choose "View Image" and see it that way, and all other images on the page
    >load fine (logos, navigation etc.).
    >
    >Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior to FF1.0 anyway) this all
    >worked fine in Firefox (which I have been using for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
    >
    >Is this:

    I had that problem for a while. You need to change the firefox option

    options/web features /

    uncheck, "load images for the originating website only" or create an
    exception

    ....tom

    TomV, Dec 20, 2004
  13. virus

    TomV Guest

    TomV, Dec 20, 2004
  14. virus

    Chris Maslin Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 12:43 a.m.:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Just a quick post to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
    >>
    >> Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I
    >> can right click on the box where the image should be and choose "View
    >> Image" and see it that way, and all other images on the page load fine
    >> (logos, navigation etc.).
    >>
    >> Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior
    >> to FF1.0 anyway) this all worked fine in Firefox (which I have been
    >> using for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
    >>
    >> Is this:
    >>
    >> a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
    >> b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
    >> c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Chris.

    > Trade me run a dedicates (and seperate) image web server, you have the
    > option to load images for originating site only selected, it is not a
    > fault or bug its a user choice.

    Yup that fixed it.

    (I hate it when I f*$^% with something then have no recollection of it when it f$%#$ up something
    else a few months down the track. I'd like to say that this will make me more careful in future, but
    I doubt it. )

    Thanks to everyone who replied about this.

    Chris.

    Chris Maslin, Dec 20, 2004
  15. virus

    Chris Maslin Guest

    Chris Maslin, Dec 20, 2004
  16. Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 10:50 p.m.:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 12:43 a.m.:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Just a quick post to see if anyone else is experiencing this.
    >>>
    >>> Using Firefox 1.0 I cannot see any images of products on TradeMe. I
    >>> can right click on the box where the image should be and choose "View
    >>> Image" and see it that way, and all other images on the page load
    >>> fine (logos, navigation etc.).
    >>>
    >>> Using IE6, the images are visible inline. Until recently (well prior
    >>> to FF1.0 anyway) this all worked fine in Firefox (which I have been
    >>> using for ages - since ~0.4 I think)
    >>>
    >>> Is this:
    >>>
    >>> a) Only my problem (in which case a reinstall of FF may be in order)
    >>> b) A common problem with FF1.0 (bugger)
    >>> c) A recent change by TradeMe (Nonstandard HTML?)
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Chris.

    >> Trade me run a dedicates (and seperate) image web server, you have the
    >> option to load images for originating site only selected, it is not a
    >> fault or bug its a user choice.
    >>

    > Yup that fixed it.
    >
    > (I hate it when I f*$^% with something then have no recollection of it
    > when it f$%#$ up something else a few months down the track. I'd like to
    > say that this will make me more careful in future, but I doubt it. )
    >
    > Thanks to everyone who replied about this.
    >
    > Chris.

    At least this was one occasion where local knowledge mattered and I
    couldnt tell you to Go Google it :cool:

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.

    Collector»NZ, Dec 20, 2004

    Collector»NZ, Dec 20, 2004
  18. virus

    Chris Maslin Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Chris Maslin said the following on 20/12/2004 10:50 p.m.:
    >
    >> Collector»NZ wrote:

    >>> Trade me run a dedicates (and seperate) image web server, you have
    >>> the option to load images for originating site only selected, it is
    >>> not a fault or bug its a user choice.
    >>>

    >> Yup that fixed it.
    >>
    >> (I hate it when I f*$^% with something then have no recollection of it
    >> when it f$%#$ up something else a few months down the track. I'd like
    >> to say that this will make me more careful in future, but I doubt it. )
    >>
    >> Thanks to everyone who replied about this.
    >>
    >> Chris.

    > At least this was one occasion where local knowledge mattered and I
    > couldnt tell you to Go Google it :cool:

    Don't think I didn't try that first. Even now, knowing what the solution is, it is hard to find
    without including the phrase "originating website only" in your search terms. As always, sometimes
    the truly hard part is knowing what question to ask.

    Chris.

    "It's not a bug, it's a feature"

    Chris Maslin, Dec 20, 2004
  19. virus

    Chris Maslin Guest

    Chris Maslin, Dec 20, 2004
  20. Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> Yup that fixed it.
    >> (I hate it when I f*$^% with something then have no recollection of it
    >> when it f$%#$ up something else a few months down the track. I'd like
    >> to say that this will make me more careful in future, but I doubt it. )

    > At least this was one occasion where local knowledge mattered and I
    > couldnt tell you to Go Google it :cool:

    heh
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=mozilla not loading images

    6th link down.