    Y.C. from Epsom in Auckland. Knowing Trademe (as Paora mentioned) they are
    pretty slack about removing listings, so feel free to flick some complaints
    from the above auction. Feel free to add a trademe idiot or experience ...
    Palm, May 24, 2004

  2. Palm

    Allistar Guest

    Palm wrote:

    > Just been looking for a decent monitor checked graysonline who had quite a
    > few DELL 17" LCD monitors in particular this little beauty
    > http://www.graysonline.co.nz/lot.asp?LOT_ID=189530 these normally retail
    > for just over $1000 ... start was $450 so good bargain thought I'd check
    > out some more info about monitor on web and came across
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=11812868 checking
    > back, the details looked familiar and low and behold the serial number
    > matches the one on the above link. First questioned the seller (exdemo),
    > has been answering questions as to dead pixels when does not even have
    > monitor in his possession. Then fired off a couple of complaints
    > regarding
    > selling things not in possession. Looking at Graysonline the person is :
    > Y.C. from Epsom in Auckland. Knowing Trademe (as Paora mentioned) they
    > are pretty slack about removing listings, so feel free to flick some
    > complaints
    > from the above auction. Feel free to add a trademe idiot or experience
    > ... J

    There's a lot of money to be made buying stuff off Grays and selling on
    TradeMe (if you know your stuff).

    Allistar.

    P.S. I wish you hadn't mentioned that auction, reduces my chance of getting
    a good price!!
    Allistar, May 25, 2004

  3. Palm

    TEX Guest

    Palm wrote:

    Add to that, if you read his other auction:

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0002-0356-0032-/auction-11734524.htm

    ** NO RES COMPAQ LAPTOP P2 ******
    ".. U say that the laptop is a compaq but the picture u got is of a Dell
    laptop..... "

    "Sorry, if anyone would like a picture of this laptop please send an
    email to exdemo at slingshot co nz . That laptop is the same except
    compaq....."

    If you actualy read the dudes comments you will know he has NO idea WTF
    he is talking about. The whole thing sounds like a scam to me.

    On that note I saw an older dell laptop for sale on TM. Was decribed as
    not faults expect no FDD and mark on the side by pcmcia slot. You then
    have a look at the pic, and it looks as if someone has tried to scrap
    off the previous owners security marking, and painted it over with a
    vivid marker. You have to wonder....

    TEX

    TEX, May 25, 2004
  4. Palm

    Palm Guest

    :
    > > Y.C. from Epsom in Auckland. Knowing Trademe (as Paora mentioned) they
    > > are pretty slack about removing listings, so feel free to flick some
    > > complaints
    > > from the above auction. Feel free to add a trademe idiot or experience
    > > ... J

    > There's a lot of money to be made buying stuff off Grays and selling on
    > TradeMe (if you know your stuff).
    >
    > Allistar.
    >
    > P.S. I wish you hadn't mentioned that auction, reduces my chance of

    getting
    > a good price!!

    Allistar, do you think its really worth it? If costs say $460 add buyers
    prem (13.5%) approx $520 + shippin ... $530, can normally buy new for $630 -
    $700 (for budget brands) and get a proper warranty. If these crap out or
    have dead pixels can't take back to dell. Just been thinkin if worth it or
    not.... sorry thinkin about buyin for self not floggin on auction sites.
    Palm, May 25, 2004
  5. Palm

    JJD Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 13:30:19 +1200, TEX <> wrote:

    >Palm wrote:
    >
    >Add to that, if you read his other auction:
    >
    >http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/0002-0356-0032-/auction-11734524.htm
    >
    >** NO RES COMPAQ LAPTOP P2 ******
    >".. U say that the laptop is a compaq but the picture u got is of a Dell
    >laptop..... "
    >
    >"Sorry, if anyone would like a picture of this laptop please send an
    >email to exdemo at slingshot co nz . That laptop is the same except
    >compaq....."
    >
    >If you actualy read the dudes comments you will know he has NO idea WTF
    >he is talking about. The whole thing sounds like a scam to me.
    >
    >On that note I saw an older dell laptop for sale on TM. Was decribed as
    >not faults expect no FDD and mark on the side by pcmcia slot. You then
    >have a look at the pic, and it looks as if someone has tried to scrap
    >off the previous owners security marking, and painted it over with a
    >vivid marker. You have to wonder....

    Actually, it was worse than that. It was described as a great laptop
    in good condition and the seller then went on to tell us the that the
    CD-ROM was on the blink, the case was damaged and the battery was
    missing. And, as he didn't mention it, I assume it also had no
    licensed OS.

    JJD
    JJD, May 25, 2004
  6. Palm

    Allistar Guest

    Palm wrote:

    > "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    >> Palm wrote:
    >>
    >> > Just been looking for a decent monitor checked graysonline who had
    >> > quite

    >> > few DELL 17" LCD monitors in particular this little beauty
    >> > http://www.graysonline.co.nz/lot.asp?LOT_ID=189530 these normally
    >> > retail for just over $1000 ... start was $450 so good bargain thought
    >> > I'd check out some more info about monitor on web and came across
    >> > http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=11812868

    > checking
    >> > back, the details looked familiar and low and behold the serial number
    >> > matches the one on the above link. First questioned the seller

    > (exdemo),
    >> > has been answering questions as to dead pixels when does not even have
    >> > monitor in his possession. Then fired off a couple of complaints
    >> > regarding
    >> > selling things not in possession. Looking at Graysonline the person is

    > :
    >> > Y.C. from Epsom in Auckland. Knowing Trademe (as Paora mentioned) they
    >> > are pretty slack about removing listings, so feel free to flick some
    >> > complaints
    >> > from the above auction. Feel free to add a trademe idiot or experience
    >> > ... J

    >> There's a lot of money to be made buying stuff off Grays and selling on
    >> TradeMe (if you know your stuff).
    >>
    >> Allistar.
    >>
    >> P.S. I wish you hadn't mentioned that auction, reduces my chance of

    > getting
    >> a good price!!

    > Allistar, do you think its really worth it? If costs say $460 add buyers
    > prem (13.5%) approx $520 + shippin ... $530, can normally buy new for $630
    > -
    > $700 (for budget brands) and get a proper warranty. If these crap out or
    > have dead pixels can't take back to dell. Just been thinkin if worth it
    > or not.... sorry thinkin about buyin for self not floggin on auction
    > sites.

    Which ones can you normally buy new for $630? (I would be interested if the
    quality was there and the price is as you say around $700).

    You take risks when you buy from auction sites, but knowing that it has been
    reconditioned by the manufacturer is reassuring.

    Some things from auction sites are a rip off I must say but then again you
    sometimes get great bargains. 4 months ago I bought a dual PIII 866MHz with
    512Mb, 80Gb (IDE) HDD, DVD drive, decent onboard SCSI for about $300 from
    Grays. The reason it was so cheap? Grays mentioned it has a LILO boot
    error, which prevented anyone else who didn't know beter from bidding. I
    was very happy when I "won" it. Runs like a dream.

    Anyway, I was also please I got the 17" LCD for $450 (+ 13.5% + delivary).
    All tax deductible as well.

    Allistar.

    P.S. I recommend that evereyone stays away from auction sites, at least
    while I'm buying. (nudge nudge wink wink).
    Allistar, May 25, 2004
  7. Palm

    Palm Guest

    "Allistar" <> wrote in message

    > Which ones can you normally buy new for $630? (I would be interested if

    the
    > quality was there and the price is as you say around $700).

    Quite a few on pricespy.co.nz

    > You take risks when you buy from auction sites, but knowing that it has

    been
    > reconditioned by the manufacturer is reassuring.
    >
    > Some things from auction sites are a rip off I must say but then again you
    > sometimes get great bargains. 4 months ago I bought a dual PIII 866MHz

    with
    > 512Mb, 80Gb (IDE) HDD, DVD drive, decent onboard SCSI for about $300 from
    > Grays. The reason it was so cheap? Grays mentioned it has a LILO boot
    > error, which prevented anyone else who didn't know beter from bidding. I
    > was very happy when I "won" it. Runs like a dream.
    >
    > Anyway, I was also please I got the 17" LCD for $450 (+ 13.5% + delivary).
    > All tax deductible as well.
    >
    > Allistar.
    >
    > P.S. I recommend that evereyone stays away from auction sites, at least
    > while I'm buying. (nudge nudge wink wink).

    only bought one thing of grays HP D530 SFF (P4 2.66, 512 dual DDR, 40GB Hdd,
    firewire, xp home). cost $800ish was worth it, again resealed but had no
    probs with it ... bought it for GF to get her off my machine. ..J
    Palm, May 25, 2004
  8. Palm

    james Guest

    > If you actualy read the dudes comments you will know >he has NO idea WTF
    > he is talking about.

    His other auction is just as good.. lol

    "AMD ATHLON 2500+ BARTON CPU ( Pent 4)"

    An AMD P4???
    james, May 25, 2004
  9. Palm

    Palm Guest

    "Palm" <> wrote in message
    > Just been looking for a decent monitor checked graysonline who had quite a
    > few DELL 17" LCD monitors in particular this little beauty
    > http://www.graysonline.co.nz/lot.asp?LOT_ID=189530 these normally retail

    for
    > just over $1000 ... start was $450 so good bargain thought I'd check out
    > some more info about monitor on web and came across
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=11812868 checking
    > back, the details looked familiar and low and behold the serial number
    > matches the one on the above link. First questioned the seller (exdemo),
    > has been answering questions as to dead pixels when does not even have
    > monitor in his possession. Then fired off a couple of complaints

    regarding
    > selling things not in possession. Looking at Graysonline the person is :
    > Y.C. from Epsom in Auckland. Knowing Trademe (as Paora mentioned) they

    are
    > pretty slack about removing listings, so feel free to flick some

    complaints
    > from the above auction. Feel free to add a trademe idiot or experience

    also loco luke at it again
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/view_member_history.asp?member=163124
    buys a faulty cdwriter from someone 3/5/04 onsells 20/5/04 and lies about
    having it sitting in drawer for 6 months - tries to justify by saying
    auction was "as is". Also selling "TV Card Software" again ...may need to
    send some people around to his place to get some money back for Alfa8, we
    know some people in CHCH don't we ... have a photo for IDing as well.
    Palm, May 26, 2004
  10. Palm

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <Gg0tc.4147$>,
    "Palm" <> wrote:

    > also loco luke at it again
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/view_member_history.asp?member=163124
    > buys a faulty cdwriter from someone 3/5/04 onsells 20/5/04 and lies about
    > having it sitting in drawer for 6 months - tries to justify by saying
    > auction was "as is". Also selling "TV Card Software" again ...may need to
    > send some people around to his place to get some money back for Alfa8, we
    > know some people in CHCH don't we ... have a photo for IDing as well.

    actually in his q&A he sated that it was removed from a machine in
    WORKING condition, yet you say he knew it was faulty. It seems that he
    gave incorrect information which is fraud
    whoisthis, May 26, 2004
  11. > actually in his q&A he sated that it was removed from a machine in
    > WORKING condition, yet you say he knew it was faulty. It seems that he
    > gave incorrect information which is fraud

    Plus his continuing auctions of Sky TV decoding software...

    When will he ever learn?

    ~!@#$%^&*()_+

    Millhouse : "We started out as Romeo and Juilet, but it ended in tragedy"
    Waylon Smithers, May 26, 2004
  12. Palm

    Collector Guest

    Palm wrote:

    >"Palm" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Just been looking for a decent monitor checked graysonline who had quite a
    >>few DELL 17" LCD monitors in particular this little beauty
    >>http://www.graysonline.co.nz/lot.asp?LOT_ID=189530 these normally retail
    >>

    >for
    >

    >>just over $1000 ... start was $450 so good bargain thought I'd check out
    >>some more info about monitor on web and came across
    >>http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=11812868 checking
    >>back, the details looked familiar and low and behold the serial number
    >>matches the one on the above link. First questioned the seller (exdemo),
    >>has been answering questions as to dead pixels when does not even have
    >>monitor in his possession. Then fired off a couple of complaints
    >>

    >regarding
    >

    >>selling things not in possession. Looking at Graysonline the person is :
    >>Y.C. from Epsom in Auckland. Knowing Trademe (as Paora mentioned) they
    >>

    >are
    >

    >>pretty slack about removing listings, so feel free to flick some
    >>

    >complaints
    >

    >>from the above auction. Feel free to add a trademe idiot or experience

    >also loco luke at it again
    >http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/view_member_history.asp?member=163124
    >buys a faulty cdwriter from someone 3/5/04 onsells 20/5/04 and lies about
    >having it sitting in drawer for 6 months - tries to justify by saying
    >auction was "as is". Also selling "TV Card Software" again ...may need to
    >send some people around to his place to get some money back for Alfa8, we
    >know some people in CHCH don't we ... have a photo for IDing as well.

    Just drop into his auction click the link at the bottom (sheriffs badge)
    and report him he will end up disabled if enough people complain.
    Collector, May 26, 2004
  13. Palm

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <c932hc$6hh$>,
    "Waylon Smithers" <.> wrote:

    > > actually in his q&A he sated that it was removed from a machine in
    > > WORKING condition, yet you say he knew it was faulty. It seems that he
    > > gave incorrect information which is fraud

    > Plus his continuing auctions of Sky TV decoding software...
    >
    > When will he ever learn?

    NEVER !. There are some people in this world who are unable to see that
    what they are doing is wrong.
    whoisthis, May 27, 2004
  14. Palm

    Collector Guest

    whoisthis wrote:

    >In article <c932hc$6hh$>,
    > "Waylon Smithers" <.> wrote:
    >

    >>>actually in his q&A he sated that it was removed from a machine in
    >>>WORKING condition, yet you say he knew it was faulty. It seems that he
    >>>gave incorrect information which is fraud
    >>>

    >>Plus his continuing auctions of Sky TV decoding software...
    >>
    >>When will he ever learn?
    >>

    >NEVER !. There are some people in this world who are unable to see that
    >what they are doing is wrong.

    He has changed his approach since I potted one of his auctions, now he
    claims (using a fix price offer) that he is only charging for
    documentation and distribution.

    So I potted his remaining auctions for illegal software (which it is)
    Collector, May 27, 2004
  15. Re: Trademe idiot of the week - closed down for now

    > Just drop into his auction click the link at the bottom (sheriffs
    > badge) and report him he will end up disabled if enough people
    > complain.

    All of loco_luke's auctions have been pulled by TradeMe. Seems they didn't
    appreciate someone selling SkyTV decoding software that's [A] freeware (with
    the explanation by the software author that the software may not be
    auctioned) and pirating pay tv.

    hahahahahaha

    ~!@#$%^&*()_+

    Millhouse: "We started off like Romeo and Juliet, but it ended in tragedy"
    Waylon Smithers, May 28, 2004
  16. Palm

    Collector Guest

    Waylon Smithers wrote:

    >>Just drop into his auction click the link at the bottom (sheriffs
    >>badge) and report him he will end up disabled if enough people
    >>complain.
    >>

    >All of loco_luke's auctions have been pulled by TradeMe. Seems they didn't
    >appreciate someone selling SkyTV decoding software that's [A] freeware (with
    >the explanation by the software author that the software may not be
    >auctioned) and pirating pay tv.
    >
    >hahahahahaha
    >
    >~!@#$%^&*()_+
    >
    >Millhouse: "We started off like Romeo and Juliet, but it ended in tragedy"

    Well TM are reacting to complaints now, I got emails from them saying
    they had withdrawn his auctions due to my complaints. :-D
    Collector, May 28, 2004
  17. Palm

    Gary Morton Guest

    Re: Trademe idiot of the week - closed down for now

    maybe due to the publicity in this week's Listener?
    Gazza

    Gary Morton, May 29, 2004
  18. Palm

    Collector Guest

    Gary Morton wrote:

    >maybe due to the publicity in this week's Listener?
    >Gazza
    >

    >>Well TM are reacting to complaints now, I got emails from them saying
    >>they had withdrawn his auctions due to my complaints. :-D

    Yes in part due to that article, several traders (myself included) got
    stuck in and organised a few bits of publicity that trademe could not
    ignore.
    Collector, May 30, 2004
  19. Re: Trademe idiot of the week - closed down for now

    > Yes in part due to that article, several traders (myself included) got
    > stuck in and organised a few bits of publicity that trademe could not
    > ignore.

    But TradeMe's bad in this part is that they do not list when *they* have
    withdrawn an auction, due to a breech of their rules.

    This isn't too good, as when our friendly idiot relists his pirate software
    a month or so later, people wouldn't generally know that TM whacked a big
    stick on them earlier.

    I reckon what TM should do is make a very large negative feedback
    automatically, stating that the auction was withdrawn due to piracy/breech
    of T&C/etc so that it warns other potential traders in the future.

    People start seeing a few of these on people's feedback, and that might make
    traders more wary of both listing this nonsense and trading with people who
    think it's ok to list this nonsense...

    ~!@#$%^&*()_+

    Millhouse : "It started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in tragedy"
    Waylon Smithers, May 30, 2004
  20. Palm

    Collector Guest

    Waylon Smithers wrote:

    >>Yes in part due to that article, several traders (myself included) got
    >>stuck in and organised a few bits of publicity that trademe could not
    >>ignore.
    >>

    >But TradeMe's bad in this part is that they do not list when *they* have
    >withdrawn an auction, due to a breech of their rules.
    >
    >This isn't too good, as when our friendly idiot relists his pirate software
    >a month or so later, people wouldn't generally know that TM whacked a big
    >stick on them earlier.
    >
    >I reckon what TM should do is make a very large negative feedback
    >automatically, stating that the auction was withdrawn due to piracy/breech
    >of T&C/etc so that it warns other potential traders in the future.
    >
    >People start seeing a few of these on people's feedback, and that might make
    >traders more wary of both listing this nonsense and trading with people who
    >think it's ok to list this nonsense...

    >Millhouse : "It started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in tragedy"

    True, but TM have an agenda which dosnt fit with the customers view of
    things. They want to grow revenue earning, and some not so good things
    and even bad things are not conteray to this end, so they tolerate them
    untill pressured to do something about it.

    I would suggest they have a business attitude and morals similar to Telescum
    Collector, May 30, 2004