    It's strange (or not) that I have an email address for TradeMe use
    ONLY and it recieves virus laden emails like none of my other
    addresses do.
    paora, May 22, 2004

  2. paora

    paora Guest

    oh **** you to - it was just an observation.
    paora, May 22, 2004

    Stephen Williams, May 22, 2004
  4. paora

    paora Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 03:17:47 GMT, (A) wrote:

    >On Sat, 22 May 2004 00:14:54 GMT, (paora) wrote:
    >
    >>It's strange (or not) that I have an email address for TradeMe use
    >>ONLY and it recieves virus laden emails like none of my other
    >>addresses do.
    >>

    >When you say that the email address is for TradeNe use only does that
    >include communication with the buyers & sellers of auctions you
    >particpate in?
    >
    >If so then its most likely those people who have left your email
    >address on Outlook and the virus is picking it from there.
    >
    >Even if you're not using the same email address when you send out
    >emails, any buyer or seller will be forwarded and email from Trademe
    >with your Trademe email address and they may send you an email to that
    >email address.

    I didn't really expect it was a TradeMe problem but wasn't sure I
    could rule that thought out but other email from them looks regular
    enough.

    Anyway, a new mailbox for trademe use is an easy enough fix. Maybe
    I'll change it at every virus outbreak.
    paora, May 22, 2004
  5. paora

    A Guest

    A, May 22, 2004
  6. paora

    Richard Guest

    paora wrote:

    > It's strange (or not) that I have an email address for TradeMe use
    > ONLY and it recieves virus laden emails like none of my other
    > addresses do.

    Based on some of the total tards I have dealt with on trademe, I would say that
    its just the typical tard has your email address and runs a virus in most cases
    totally voluntary.
    Richard, May 22, 2004
  7. paora

    Nil Einne Guest

    (paora) wrote in message news:<>...
    > It's strange (or not) that I have an email address for TradeMe use
    > ONLY and it recieves virus laden emails like none of my other
    > addresses do.

    What do you do with your other address? Most worms come from people
    who get infected and have you in their address book or occasionally
    also when your address was in e-mails received (if you post to a
    e-mail list for example). If most people you communicate with the
    other addresses are smart enough not to get infected (which usually
    includes most businesses) and you don't e-mail any lists then your
    other address are unlikely to ever be in the category. However many
    trademe users are likely not smart enough to not get infected so there
    is a good chance you will get worms.

    If you want to, you could try and work out who it was by looking at
    the IP/hostname used. Even if it's not static, you might be able to
    come up with some deductions by looking at the e-mails received from
    TradeMe people you have communicated with...
    Nil Einne, May 23, 2004
  8. paora

    paora Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:14:33 +1200, Richard <> wrote:

    >paora wrote:
    >
    >> It's strange (or not) that I have an email address for TradeMe use
    >> ONLY and it recieves virus laden emails like none of my other
    >> addresses do.

    >Based on some of the total tards I have dealt with on trademe, I would say that
    >its just the typical tard has your email address and runs a virus in most cases
    >totally voluntary.

    I re-opened the mailbox to see if these emails had stopped - nope,
    still going - not a lot of them - 3 or 4 a day.

    All I know about them is that they have a size of 81 (kb I suppose?)
    - my email program just sends instructions to delete them on the
    server so they don't bother me as much as they could.
    paora, May 23, 2004
  9. paora

    paora Guest

    On 22 May 2004 23:43:47 -0700, (Nil Einne) wrote:

    > (paora) wrote in message news:<>...
    >> It's strange (or not) that I have an email address for TradeMe use
    >> ONLY and it recieves virus laden emails like none of my other
    >> addresses do.

    >What do you do with your other address? Most worms come from people
    >who get infected and have you in their address book or occasionally
    >also when your address was in e-mails received (if you post to a
    >e-mail list for example). If most people you communicate with the
    >other addresses are smart enough not to get infected (which usually
    >includes most businesses) and you don't e-mail any lists then your
    >other address are unlikely to ever be in the category. However many
    >trademe users are likely not smart enough to not get infected so there
    >is a good chance you will get worms.
    >
    >If you want to, you could try and work out who it was by looking at
    >the IP/hostname used. Even if it's not static, you might be able to
    >come up with some deductions by looking at the e-mails received from
    >TradeMe people you have communicated with...

    hmmm....

    I wonder if I mistakenly used this email address somewhere else.

    Just looked at one message through webmail - it's addressed to a heap
    of other addresses at the same isp.

    >>> RCPT To:<>

    <<< 552 5.5.3 Too many recipients
    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
    >>> RCPT To:<>

    <<< 552 5.5.3 Too many recipients
    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
    etc................

    Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 20:41:49 +1200
    From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <>
    To: <>
    Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
    Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

    ????????????????
    paora, May 23, 2004
  10. paora wrote:

    > It's strange (or not) that I have an email address for TradeMe use
    > ONLY and it recieves virus laden emails like none of my other
    > addresses do.

    If I knew your email addy, I'd be adding it to the address books of any
    and all users who frequently get virus infections... you're an arse, I
    don't blame them.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 23, 2004
  11. paora

    Dogg Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 08:27:19 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >If I knew your email addy, I'd be adding it to the address books of any
    >and all users who frequently get virus infections... you're an arse, I
    >don't blame them.

    *Agree*
    Dogg, May 26, 2004
  12. paora

    paora Guest

    hahahaha ---- hetero-poofters
    paora, May 26, 2004
  13. paora wrote:
    > hahahaha ---- hetero-poofters

    wow, I must be getting old, I don't understand this new fandangled term,
    can you explain please?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 26, 2004
  14. paora

    JJD Guest

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 16:39:36 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <news@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >paora wrote:
    >> hahahaha ---- hetero-poofters

    >wow, I must be getting old, I don't understand this new fandangled term,
    >can you explain please?

    If you do the maths, I guess it comes out as "bi-sexual".

    JJD
    JJD, May 26, 2004
  15. JJD wrote:
    >>>hahahaha ---- hetero-poofters

    >>wow, I must be getting old, I don't understand this new fandangled term,
    >>can you explain please?

    > If you do the maths, I guess it comes out as "bi-sexual".

    hmmm, my wife may have something to say about this, better check with
    her(always a safe choice).
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 26, 2004
  16. paora

    JJD Guest

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:03:53 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <news@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >>>wow, I must be getting old, I don't understand this new fandangled term,
    >>>can you explain please?

    >> If you do the maths, I guess it comes out as "bi-sexual".

    >hmmm, my wife may have something to say about this, better check with
    >her(always a safe choice).

    Still, I think you can safely assume that paora didn't have a clue
    what it was she was saying, with her hetero line.

    JJD
    JJD, May 26, 2004
  17. JJD wrote:
    >>>If you do the maths, I guess it comes out as "bi-sexual".

    >>hmmm, my wife may have something to say about this, better check with
    >>her(always a safe choice).

    > Still, I think you can safely assume that paora didn't have a clue
    > what it was she was saying, with her hetero line.

    Paora is a she... ok then.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 26, 2004
  18. paora

    brundlefly Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>> hmmm, my wife may have something to say about this, better check
    >>> with her(always a safe choice).

    >> Still, I think you can safely assume that paora didn't have a clue
    >> what it was she was saying, with her hetero line.

    > Paora is a she... ok then.

    Well..... Likes boys a lot anyway LOL
    brundlefly, May 27, 2004