trademe con? - $10 to ask a question

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by bruce, Nov 8, 2003.

  1. bruce

    bruce Guest

    a google search lead me to an item on trademe.co.nz, which didnt have an
    email address for the seller.

    when clicking on the link on the item's info page
    #Ask the seller a question (You must login to ask or answer questions
    posted.)

    this page states
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/HELPDOCS/DEFAULT.ASP?help_id=135
    # You need to register if you want to buy or sell. Registration is FREE.

    but the final step in the trademe registration process which by now has
    become an authentication process is to pay a minimum $10.00 (not including
    whatever it costs to make the payment)

    i can understand someone having to pay to sell an item, but its
    easy to lose interest in a site or anything being sold on it when you
    have to pay to ask a pre-sale question.

    the site's stat page said in excess of 5000 people were on-line browsing
    130k + items for sale.
    at at least ten bucks a head is it all an illicit con?

    (mind you i didnt notice any links to nigerian businesses, but i didnt
    hang around for long after that either)
    bruce, Nov 8, 2003

  2. bruce

    Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 11:36:10 +1300, bruce <> wrote:

    >a google search lead me to an item on trademe.co.nz, which didnt have an
    >email address for the seller.
    >
    >when clicking on the link on the item's info page
    >#Ask the seller a question (You must login to ask or answer questions
    >posted.)
    >
    >this page states
    >http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/HELPDOCS/DEFAULT.ASP?help_id=135
    ># You need to register if you want to buy or sell. Registration is FREE.
    >
    >but the final step in the trademe registration process which by now has
    >become an authentication process is to pay a minimum $10.00 (not including
    >whatever it costs to make the payment)
    >
    >i can understand someone having to pay to sell an item, but its
    >easy to lose interest in a site or anything being sold on it when you
    >have to pay to ask a pre-sale question.
    >
    >the site's stat page said in excess of 5000 people were on-line browsing
    >130k + items for sale.
    >at at least ten bucks a head is it all an illicit con?
    >
    >(mind you i didnt notice any links to nigerian businesses, but i didnt
    >hang around for long after that either)

    I protested this $10 charge some months ago after I wanted to know if
    a NZ buyer would accept US$ cash and deliver to a NZ address.

    Unfortunately I could not ask and never got to buy - I would have paid
    far more than what the item did sell for!

    I emailed trade-me but got a real airy-fairy reply which I replied to
    and received an even more airy-fairy reply!

    Since then, I don't even bother looking.

    My bone of conention is, with all those who want to maybe ask a
    question and have to pay $10 to do so, that could be a nice little sum
    sitting in a bank account gaining interest - with no guarantee the
    'contributor' will ever see it again.

    Cath

    , Nov 8, 2003

  3. bruce

    PseUDO Guest

    "bruce" <> wrote in message news:p...
    > a google search lead me to an item on trademe.co.nz, which didnt have an
    > email address for the seller.
    >
    > when clicking on the link on the item's info page
    > #Ask the seller a question (You must login to ask or answer questions
    > posted.)
    >
    > this page states
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/HELPDOCS/DEFAULT.ASP?help_id=135
    > # You need to register if you want to buy or sell. Registration is FREE.
    >
    > but the final step in the trademe registration process which by now has
    > become an authentication process is to pay a minimum $10.00 (not including
    > whatever it costs to make the payment)
    >
    > i can understand someone having to pay to sell an item, but its
    > easy to lose interest in a site or anything being sold on it when you
    > have to pay to ask a pre-sale question.
    >
    > the site's stat page said in excess of 5000 people were on-line browsing
    > 130k + items for sale.
    > at at least ten bucks a head is it all an illicit con?
    >
    > (mind you i didnt notice any links to nigerian businesses, but i didnt
    > hang around for long after that either)

    Ive been a member for a few months now and only had pay in advance before running an auction (to cover the commission), other then
    that you dont need to pay $10 to join as i just went on the site about 2 mins ago and created a new account and there is no
    reference to a $10 fee.

    Try joining directly from the www.trademe.co.nz address.

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, Nov 8, 2003
  4. bruce

    cowboyz Guest

    bruce wrote:
    > a google search lead me to an item on trademe.co.nz, which didnt have
    > an email address for the seller.
    >
    > when clicking on the link on the item's info page
    > #Ask the seller a question (You must login to ask or answer questions
    > posted.)
    >
    > this page states
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/HELPDOCS/DEFAULT.ASP?help_id=135
    > # You need to register if you want to buy or sell. Registration is
    > FREE.
    >
    > but the final step in the trademe registration process which by now
    > has become an authentication process is to pay a minimum $10.00 (not
    > including whatever it costs to make the payment)
    >
    > i can understand someone having to pay to sell an item, but its
    > easy to lose interest in a site or anything being sold on it when you
    > have to pay to ask a pre-sale question.
    >
    > the site's stat page said in excess of 5000 people were on-line
    > browsing 130k + items for sale.
    > at at least ten bucks a head is it all an illicit con?
    >
    > (mind you i didnt notice any links to nigerian businesses, but i didnt
    > hang around for long after that either)

    You do not get charged anything for asking a question. You still have the
    $10 if you open an account. It is simply to stop people opening 1000
    accounts under different names.
    cowboyz, Nov 8, 2003
  5. bruce

    Kippla Guest

    "bruce" <> wrote in message
    > a google search lead me to an item on trademe.co.nz, which didnt have an
    > email address for the seller.
    >
    > when clicking on the link on the item's info page
    > #Ask the seller a question (You must login to ask or answer questions
    > posted.)
    >
    > this page states
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/HELPDOCS/DEFAULT.ASP?help_id=135
    > # You need to register if you want to buy or sell. Registration is FREE.
    >
    > but the final step in the trademe registration process which by now has
    > become an authentication process is to pay a minimum $10.00 (not including
    > whatever it costs to make the payment)
    >
    > i can understand someone having to pay to sell an item, but its
    > easy to lose interest in a site or anything being sold on it when you
    > have to pay to ask a pre-sale question.
    >
    > the site's stat page said in excess of 5000 people were on-line browsing
    > 130k + items for sale.
    > at at least ten bucks a head is it all an illicit con?
    >
    > (mind you i didnt notice any links to nigerian businesses, but i didnt
    > hang around for long after that either)

    The $10 is credited to your trademe account and you use it to pay for
    various auction fees. So it's not a payment, it's more a sign of good faith.
    Someone who has invested $10 for there participation in the auctions is less
    likely to give you trouble than someone who hasn't.
    Kippla, Nov 8, 2003
  6. bruce

    Guest

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:22:45 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >bruce wrote:
    >> a google search lead me to an item on trademe.co.nz, which didnt have
    >> an email address for the seller.
    >>
    >> when clicking on the link on the item's info page
    >> #Ask the seller a question (You must login to ask or answer questions
    >> posted.)
    >>
    >> this page states
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/HELPDOCS/DEFAULT.ASP?help_id=135
    >> # You need to register if you want to buy or sell. Registration is
    >> FREE.
    >>
    >> but the final step in the trademe registration process which by now
    >> has become an authentication process is to pay a minimum $10.00 (not
    >> including whatever it costs to make the payment)
    >>
    >> i can understand someone having to pay to sell an item, but its
    >> easy to lose interest in a site or anything being sold on it when you
    >> have to pay to ask a pre-sale question.
    >>
    >> the site's stat page said in excess of 5000 people were on-line
    >> browsing 130k + items for sale.
    >> at at least ten bucks a head is it all an illicit con?
    >>
    >> (mind you i didnt notice any links to nigerian businesses, but i didnt
    >> hang around for long after that either)

    >You do not get charged anything for asking a question. You still have the
    >$10 if you open an account. It is simply to stop people opening 1000
    >accounts under different names.

    Have *you* tried to ask a question of a seller?

    Wrong that you don't get charged - I just tried again.
    After you hit the ask the seller a question, the next page comes up
    with:
    "YOu must authenticate to use this feature:

    Hit the authenticate and it takes you to another page:

    "Credit My Trade Me Account
    Your Trade Me pre-pay account is used to pay Trade Me fees only
    How would you like to pay?"

    Hit the method of payment [I chose credit card] - new page opens up:

    "Credit My Trade Me account
    Credit Card Payment (online)
    Enter the amount you wish to pay below.
    This will connect you to our secure payment system. [Read more]
    Amount $
    [check box] I understand that my Trade Me account can only be used to
    pay Trade Me fees. It cannot be used to pay for goods purchased on
    this site."

    I enter $1.00 as it states no minum and,,,,,

    "Credit My Trade Me account
    Amount $1.00
    (The minimum payment is $10)
    [checkbox] I understand that my Trade Me account can only be used to
    pay Trade Me fees. It cannot be used to pay for goods purchased on
    this site.
    (Please tick the box to show that you understand)"

    $10 to ask a question - I think NOT.

    I am in the US so fat chance of me selling anything on the site.
    Tough luck NZ sellers - I know from the TM Message Board that I am not
    the only one who has tried to ask a question and who refuses to front
    up 10 bucks to do so...

    Cath
    , Nov 9, 2003
  7. bruce

    Guest

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:34:40 +1300, "Kippla" <> wrote:
    [msge snipped]

    >The $10 is credited to your trademe account and you use it to pay for
    >various auction fees. So it's not a payment, it's more a sign of good faith.
    >Someone who has invested $10 for there participation in the auctions is less
    >likely to give you trouble than someone who hasn't.

    LOL.
    Good one...

    I have seen the odd auction where the seller states the buyer will pay
    **his/her** auction fees - I wouldn't bother every buying from these
    greedy pigs.

    Paying 10 bucks ain't going to stop a buyer screwing over a seller.
    I could easily go and bid on a hundred items and not pay.
    Because I didn't pay the $10 and ask a question, it wouldn't make any
    difference to those buyers who scam. I could only get kicked off.

    Cath
    , Nov 9, 2003
  8. bruce

    cowboyz Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:22:45 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    >
    >> bruce wrote:
    >>> a google search lead me to an item on trademe.co.nz, which didnt
    >>> have an email address for the seller.
    >>>
    >>> when clicking on the link on the item's info page
    >>> #Ask the seller a question (You must login to ask or answer
    >>> questions posted.)
    >>>
    >>> this page states
    >>> http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/HELPDOCS/DEFAULT.ASP?help_id=135
    >>> # You need to register if you want to buy or sell. Registration is
    >>> FREE.
    >>>
    >>> but the final step in the trademe registration process which by now
    >>> has become an authentication process is to pay a minimum $10.00 (not
    >>> including whatever it costs to make the payment)
    >>>
    >>> i can understand someone having to pay to sell an item, but its
    >>> easy to lose interest in a site or anything being sold on it when
    >>> you have to pay to ask a pre-sale question.
    >>>
    >>> the site's stat page said in excess of 5000 people were on-line
    >>> browsing 130k + items for sale.
    >>> at at least ten bucks a head is it all an illicit con?
    >>>
    >>> (mind you i didnt notice any links to nigerian businesses, but i
    >>> didnt hang around for long after that either)

    >> You do not get charged anything for asking a question. You still
    >> have the $10 if you open an account. It is simply to stop people
    >> opening 1000 accounts under different names.
    >>

    > Have *you* tried to ask a question of a seller?
    >
    > Wrong that you don't get charged - I just tried again.
    > After you hit the ask the seller a question, the next page comes up
    > with:
    > "YOu must authenticate to use this feature:

    <snipped a heap of crap>

    Trademe.co.nz is a business. You do not get charged $10 for asking a
    question. You do have to be a member of trademe to ask a question though.
    Why don't you shop at ebay.com if that suits you better?
    cowboyz, Nov 9, 2003
  9. bruce

    Kippla Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:34:40 +1300, "Kippla" <> wrote:
    > [msge snipped]
    >
    > >The $10 is credited to your trademe account and you use it to pay for
    > >various auction fees. So it's not a payment, it's more a sign of good

    faith.
    > >Someone who has invested $10 for there participation in the auctions is

    less
    > >likely to give you trouble than someone who hasn't.
    > >

    > LOL.
    > Good one...
    >
    > I have seen the odd auction where the seller states the buyer will pay
    > **his/her** auction fees - I wouldn't bother every buying from these
    > greedy pigs.

    > Paying 10 bucks ain't going to stop a buyer screwing over a seller.

    Right. Hence why I said 'less' likely.

    > I could easily go and bid on a hundred items and not pay.
    > Because I didn't pay the $10 and ask a question, it wouldn't make any
    > difference to those buyers who scam. I could only get kicked off.

    That's exactly my point. You can make all the bogus bids you want and get
    kicked off since you have nothing to lose. Whereas someone who pays the $10
    is 'less' likely to because then they may get booted and loose their $10.

    Besides, it's just $10 or maybe like $6 usd for you? You really shouldn't
    let it stress you out enough to have to investigate the TM forums and come
    rant here in an nz newgroup.

    Be well,

    - Kip
    Kippla, Nov 9, 2003
  10. bruce

    C Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 00:21:22 -0600,
    wrote:

    >Paying 10 bucks ain't going to stop a buyer screwing over a seller.
    >I could easily go and bid on a hundred items and not pay.
    >Because I didn't pay the $10 and ask a question, it wouldn't make any
    >difference to those buyers who scam. I could only get kicked off.
    >
    >Cath

    There was a time on Trademe when unauthenticated buyers were causing
    huge problems by:

    a) making false bids for large amounts; and

    b) asking stupid questions some of which were rather offensive.

    The members account was quickly disabled but they simply signed on
    again as another user and the process began again.

    By requiring members to become authenticated (i.e. pay $10) this makes
    it rather expensive for people to open new accounts.

    Yes it can be done and there is no system which will work 100%. Can
    you think of an alternative?
    C, Nov 9, 2003
  11. bruce

    C Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 00:08:21 -0600,
    wrote:
    >$10 to ask a question - I think NOT.

    Well actually you could ask 1000 questions for your $10 in which case
    it works out at 1c per question.
    C, Nov 9, 2003
  12. On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:19:33 +1300, "PseUDO" <>
    scribbled:

    >"bruce" <> wrote in message news:p...
    >> a google search lead me to an item on trademe.co.nz, which didnt have an
    >> email address for the seller.
    >>
    >> when clicking on the link on the item's info page
    >> #Ask the seller a question (You must login to ask or answer questions
    >> posted.)
    >>
    >> this page states
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/HELPDOCS/DEFAULT.ASP?help_id=135
    >> # You need to register if you want to buy or sell. Registration is FREE.
    >>
    >> but the final step in the trademe registration process which by now has
    >> become an authentication process is to pay a minimum $10.00 (not including
    >> whatever it costs to make the payment)
    >>
    >> i can understand someone having to pay to sell an item, but its
    >> easy to lose interest in a site or anything being sold on it when you
    >> have to pay to ask a pre-sale question.
    >>
    >> the site's stat page said in excess of 5000 people were on-line browsing
    >> 130k + items for sale.
    >> at at least ten bucks a head is it all an illicit con?
    >>
    >> (mind you i didnt notice any links to nigerian businesses, but i didnt
    >> hang around for long after that either)
    >>

    >Ive been a member for a few months now and only had pay in advance before running an auction (to cover the commission), other then
    >that you dont need to pay $10 to join as i just went on the site about 2 mins ago and created a new account and there is no
    >reference to a $10 fee.

    Try asking a question on an auction. Trademe wont allow it and require
    you to 'top-up' your account before you can continue. That's when you
    need to pay the $10.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Nov 9, 2003
  13. bruce

    Invisible Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 00:08:21 -0600, wrote:

    >I am in the US so fat chance of me selling anything on the site.

    There's someone from Brazil flogging pirated music DVDs.
    Invisible, Nov 9, 2003
  14. bruce

    Guest

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:35:32 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    [msge snipped]

    >Trademe.co.nz is a business. You do not get charged $10 for asking a
    >question. You do have to be a member of trademe to ask a question though.
    >Why don't you shop at ebay.com if that suits you better?

    Der........ well I tried to ask a question last night and I was asked
    to PAY $10 TO DO SO.

    I can bid WITHOUT having to pay A CENT.

    And YES I am a MEMBER of trade me as I need to sign in to access
    what's available.

    I suggest you do exactly what I did and go to Trade Me's site and try
    and ask a question. Pick *any* auction. Unless you have
    'authenticated' your membership by paying the $10, you CANNOT.

    And yes, I've been using ebay since 1998.
    And yes, ebay is a business too but does not ask anyone to pay a cent
    to ask a seller a question. Believe me, I ask plenty of questions of
    sellers.

    And yes, I have bought from ebay sellers in NZ as well as from
    England, Ireland, France, Canada, Israel and South America.

    I not only buy for myself but buy and have sent to my daughter who
    lives in California, for my son and relatives who live in NZ and for
    other relatives who live in England.

    Cath
    , Nov 9, 2003
  15. bruce

    cowboyz Guest

    wrote:
    > On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:35:32 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    > [msge snipped]
    >

    >> Trademe.co.nz is a business. You do not get charged $10 for asking
    >> a question. You do have to be a member of trademe to ask a question
    >> though. Why don't you shop at ebay.com if that suits you better?
    >>

    > Der........ well I tried to ask a question last night and I was asked
    > to PAY $10 TO DO SO.
    >
    > I can bid WITHOUT having to pay A CENT.
    >
    > And YES I am a MEMBER of trade me as I need to sign in to access
    > what's available.
    >
    > I suggest you do exactly what I did and go to Trade Me's site and try
    > and ask a question. Pick *any* auction. Unless you have
    > 'authenticated' your membership by paying the $10, you CANNOT.

    Took your suggestion and did that and didn't have to pay anything. Maybe
    it is a conspiracy and trade me are terrorists with weapons of mass
    destruction. You better go blow them up.

    cowboyz, Nov 9, 2003
  16. On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:24:12 +1300, "cowboyz" <> scribbled:

    > wrote:
    >> On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:35:32 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    >> [msge snipped]
    >>

    >>> Trademe.co.nz is a business. You do not get charged $10 for asking
    >>> a question. You do have to be a member of trademe to ask a question
    >>> though. Why don't you shop at ebay.com if that suits you better?
    >>>

    >> Der........ well I tried to ask a question last night and I was asked
    >> to PAY $10 TO DO SO.
    >>
    >> I can bid WITHOUT having to pay A CENT.
    >>
    >> And YES I am a MEMBER of trade me as I need to sign in to access
    >> what's available.
    >>
    >> I suggest you do exactly what I did and go to Trade Me's site and try
    >> and ask a question. Pick *any* auction. Unless you have
    >> 'authenticated' your membership by paying the $10, you CANNOT.

    >Took your suggestion and did that and didn't have to pay anything. Maybe
    >it is a conspiracy and trade me are terrorists with weapons of mass
    >destruction. You better go blow them up.

    Do you have any credit on your account by any chance? The problem
    applies to newly signed up people who have $0 credit on their account.
    Before they can ask a question, they have to be 'authenticated'. To do
    so, you have to put $10 into the account. Get it now?

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Nov 9, 2003
  17. bruce

    KS Guest

    > Paying 10 bucks ain't going to stop a buyer screwing over a seller.
    > I could easily go and bid on a hundred items and not pay.
    > Because I didn't pay the $10 and ask a question, it wouldn't make any
    > difference to those buyers who scam. I could only get kicked off.

    Cath, the remarkable issue seems to be that you are unhappy at being able to
    access a service that you want you.

    TradeMe have the right to let people use their service or not. It's their
    choice. Not yours.

    To exercise their choice, one of the controls used is to initiate the $10
    fee system. If you choose to use their service, fine and go for it.

    But if you do, you agree to their terms.

    Whining here in newsgroups about it while get you.... hmm, nowhere or
    nothing. Not too sure which suits the purpose better.

    >I am in the US so fat chance of me selling anything on the site.

    I am in NZ, so there's fat chance of wanting to buy anything from the US.
    Why take the risk, when I can buy something from someone across town ?
    KS, Nov 9, 2003
  18. bruce

    cowboyz Guest

    Phillip Weston wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:24:12 +1300, "cowboyz" <> scribbled:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:35:32 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    >>> [msge snipped]

    >>> Der........ well I tried to ask a question last night and I was
    >>> asked to PAY $10 TO DO SO.
    >>>
    >>> I can bid WITHOUT having to pay A CENT.
    >>>
    >>> And YES I am a MEMBER of trade me as I need to sign in to access
    >>> what's available.
    >>>
    >>> I suggest you do exactly what I did and go to Trade Me's site and
    >>> try and ask a question. Pick *any* auction. Unless you have
    >>> 'authenticated' your membership by paying the $10, you CANNOT.

    >> Took your suggestion and did that and didn't have to pay anything.
    >> Maybe it is a conspiracy and trade me are terrorists with weapons of
    >> mass destruction. You better go blow them up.

    > Do you have any credit on your account by any chance? The problem
    > applies to newly signed up people who have $0 credit on their account.
    > Before they can ask a question, they have to be 'authenticated'. To do
    > so, you have to put $10 into the account. Get it now?

    I got it right from the start. It is the damn american that just doesn't
    get it. It doesn't cost $10 to ask a question. Everyone get it now?
    cowboyz, Nov 9, 2003
  19. bruce

    Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:09:40 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:
    [msge snipped]

    >I got it right from the start. It is the damn american that just doesn't
    >get it. It doesn't cost $10 to ask a question. Everyone get it now?

    Hey jerk. I am **NOT** an American.

    I am a NEW ZEALANDER who is currently living in the US.

    Cath
    , Nov 9, 2003
  20. bruce

    PseUDO Guest

    "Phillip Weston" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:19:33 +1300, "PseUDO" <>
    > scribbled:
    >

    > >"bruce" <> wrote in message news:p...
    > >> a google search lead me to an item on trademe.co.nz, which didnt have an
    > >> email address for the seller.
    > >>
    > >> when clicking on the link on the item's info page
    > >> #Ask the seller a question (You must login to ask or answer questions
    > >> posted.)
    > >>
    > >> this page states
    > >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/STRUCTURE/HELPDOCS/DEFAULT.ASP?help_id=135
    > >> # You need to register if you want to buy or sell. Registration is FREE.
    > >>
    > >> but the final step in the trademe registration process which by now has
    > >> become an authentication process is to pay a minimum $10.00 (not including
    > >> whatever it costs to make the payment)
    > >>
    > >> i can understand someone having to pay to sell an item, but its
    > >> easy to lose interest in a site or anything being sold on it when you
    > >> have to pay to ask a pre-sale question.
    > >>
    > >> the site's stat page said in excess of 5000 people were on-line browsing
    > >> 130k + items for sale.
    > >> at at least ten bucks a head is it all an illicit con?
    > >>
    > >> (mind you i didnt notice any links to nigerian businesses, but i didnt
    > >> hang around for long after that either)
    > >>

    > >Ive been a member for a few months now and only had pay in advance before running an auction (to cover the commission), other

    then
    > >that you dont need to pay $10 to join as i just went on the site about 2 mins ago and created a new account and there is no
    > >reference to a $10 fee.

    > Try asking a question on an auction. Trademe wont allow it and require
    > you to 'top-up' your account before you can continue. That's when you
    > need to pay the $10.
    >
    > --
    > Phillip Weston
    > Taumarunui, New Zealand
    >
    > Remove the obvious spamblock to reply via e-mail.

    Yep your right i just tried to ask a question in an auction, using a new account and it said that i need to authenticate and wanted
    the $10.

    I can see where a lot of people must be a bit taken back by that, but as someone else said that's the trademe rules!.

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, Nov 10, 2003