TradeMe broken today ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mike_P, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. Mike_P

    Mike_P Guest

    Mike_P, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Mike_P wrote:
    > Haven't been able to access www.trademe.co.nz all day today. ?

    seems to be.
    they seem to do pretty well considering the load it must be under, and
    they're using a Windows box with IIS, it does pretty well

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Mike_P

    Richard Guest

    > seems to be.
    > they seem to do pretty well considering the load it must be under, and
    > they're using a Windows box with IIS, it does pretty well

    may be better with linux :)

    Richard, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Mike_P

    colinco Guest

    In article Mike_P says...
    > Haven't been able to access www.trademe.co.nz all day today. ?

    It's all the small traders trying to beat the IRD clamp down on the
    Black economy :)

    colinco, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Mike_P

    JedMeister Guest

    Farmers shouldn't build websites.

    JedMeister, Aug 19, 2004
  6. Mike_P

    Dogg Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:06:57 +1200, "Mike_P"
    <> wrote:

    >Haven't been able to access www.trademe.co.nz all day today. ?

    TelstraClear is currently experiencing problems which are preventing a
    large proportion of our members from reaching the site.
    We will extend auctions until the problem is fixed. More details.

    Working fine for me though.

    Dogg, Aug 19, 2004
  7. Mike_P

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dogg wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:06:57 +1200, "Mike_P"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Haven't been able to access www.trademe.co.nz all day today. ?
    >>

    > TelstraClear is currently experiencing problems which are preventing a
    > large proportion of our members from reaching the site.
    > We will extend auctions until the problem is fixed. More details.
    >

    > Working fine for me though.

    Working fine now, wasn't a few hours ago though.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Aug 19, 2004
  8. Mike_P

    John Guest

    "Dogg" <doggnz@SPAM_SUCKS.hotmail.SPAM_IS_GAY.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:06:57 +1200, "Mike_P"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Haven't been able to access www.trademe.co.nz all day today. ?
    > >

    > TelstraClear is currently experiencing problems which are preventing a
    > large proportion of our members from reaching the site.
    > We will extend auctions until the problem is fixed. More details.
    >

    > Working fine for me though.

    I couldn't connect using xtra, but could get through with slingshot. Both
    working now.

    John, Aug 19, 2004
  9. Mike_P

    A Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:35:57 +1200, colinco <>
    wrote:

    >In article Mike_P says...
    >> Haven't been able to access www.trademe.co.nz all day today. ?
    >>

    >It's all the small traders trying to beat the IRD clamp down on the
    >Black economy :)

    Its probably not cost effective to clamp down on the small traders who
    might make $1-$2k p.a. without declaring it (if that - if they became
    legit they can claim all sorts of expenses thus reducing their taxable
    income).

    It makes more sense to go for the self employed builder where they can
    do a $2k cashie job in a week or the fish N chip shop or corner dairy
    which isn't declaring $50k p.a.

    A, Aug 19, 2004
  10. Mike_P

    colinco Guest

    In article A says...
    > Its probably not cost effective to clamp down on the small traders who
    > might make $1-$2k p.a. without declaring it (if that - if they became
    > legit they can claim all sorts of expenses thus reducing their taxable
    > income).
    >
    > It makes more sense to go for the self employed builder where they can
    > do a $2k cashie job in a week or the fish N chip shop or corner dairy
    > which isn't declaring $50k p.a.

    Was joking but suspect that some traders aren't small and that IRD are
    prob considering what to do. Dairies etc all get away with a bit but
    when measured against their peers the greedy ones stand out.

    colinco, Aug 19, 2004