Trade me problems

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Vista, Jun 7, 2006.

  1. Vista

    Vista Guest

    Anyone have problems with the trademe website at the moment, and over the
    last week. When I sometimes view auctions, it throws up the following error

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error
    error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
    error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
    be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

    Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
    on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
    configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
    application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
    set to "Off".

    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
    error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
    <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>
    Vista, Jun 7, 2006

  2. Vista

    Chris Lim Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > Anyone have problems with the trademe website at the moment, and over the
    > last week. When I sometimes view auctions, it throws up the following error
    >
    > Server Error in '/' Application.
    > Runtime Error

    I had it a few times when that Tana handbag auction was at its peak,
    but not since it finished. That's a generic .Net error btw, pretty
    meaningless....
    Chris Lim, Jun 7, 2006

  3. Vista

    Steven H Guest

    Hello Chris,

    as somebody who builds .net applications it makes me sick to the stomach
    when asp 'developers' are too damn lazy to replace the default error-page
    with something more usefull like 'our servers are shit, our code is spagetti,
    please try again - mabye it will work'.

    FFS ITS ONLY A SINGLE LINE OF CODE IN THE APP.CONFIG !!!!

    trademe - hire some professional developers to build your crap site properly
    !!!

    dont even get me started on 'asp developers'

    <rant:eek:ff>

    ----------------
    Steven H

    the madGeek

    Steven H, Jun 7, 2006
  4. Vista

    XPD Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone have problems with the trademe website at the moment, and over the
    > last week. When I sometimes view auctions, it throws up the following
    > error

    Just go it for the 1st time now.... I blame you for jinxing me :)
    XPD, Jun 7, 2006