    and make sure that nobody is sniffing me? I'm not a super techie, so
    whatever it is would have to be simple to use.

    Thanks.

    Edw. Peach, Jun 15, 2005

  2. Edw. Peach

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:10:47 -0400, Edw. Peach <>
    wrote:

    >I have one disposible email account that has recently been taking
    >quite a bit of time to connect and wonder if someone might be somehow
    >redirecting my connection, or cutting in somehow. Is there someway to
    >track exactly what happens when I hit the link for this email account
    >and make sure that nobody is sniffing me? I'm not a super techie, so
    >whatever it is would have to be simple to use.
    >
    >Thanks.

    I think you are worried about nothing.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Edw. Peach

    Edw. Peach Guest

    You might be right on that, but I'd still like to find out.

    Edw. Peach, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Edw. Peach

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:18:38 -0400, Edw. Peach <>
    wrote:

    >You might be right on that, but I'd still like to find out.

    How do you think 'they' are 'redirecting your connection'

    have you run tracert

    if you don't know what that is, look it up on google
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Edw. Peach

    Olden Doode Guest

    Edw. Peach wrote:

    > I have one disposible email account that has recently been taking
    > quite a bit of time to connect and wonder if someone might be somehow
    > redirecting my connection, or cutting in somehow. Is there someway to
    > track exactly what happens when I hit the link for this email account
    > and make sure that nobody is sniffing me? I'm not a super techie, so
    > whatever it is would have to be simple to use.
    >
    > Thanks.

    check the detailed heade information , sometimes a corporate policy will
    be to send it to a different mailbox first then to you. I have seen it
    in the headers of some messages. More subtle methods just reroute copies
    to a different mailbox. It occurs sometimes in industrial or labor
    relations spying, during disputes particularly. They announce the fact
    at hiring that email is their property and they can do whatever they
    like with it. It would not be surprising to find that during elections,
    that governing parties are aware of email contents to legislators even
    on this premise. here is always an outcry from the professionals that
    they would never do such a thing, but like the speed signs on the
    highway, "nobody ever disobeys them either" it's all a matter of
    motivation.

    Olden Doode, Jul 7, 2005