    is it possible to find these doing a search with regard to the actual
    computer that has been used. i.e. using some identity unique to that
    computer?
    john b hamilton, Sep 24, 2008

  2. john b hamilton

    R. McCarty Guest

    Not with a computer identity. Posts are generally archived and
    searched by the posting address. You can use Google Groups
    to locate your posts.
    *The Advanced search options allows you to refine your search
    to specific data such as Author, Subject...

    R. McCarty, Sep 24, 2008

  3. "john b hamilton" <> wrote in message
    > over the years, what with changing internet provider several times, i lose
    > track of usenet posts that have been posted in the past.
    >
    > is it possible to find these doing a search with regard to the actual
    > computer that has been used. i.e. using some identity unique to that
    > computer?

    Go to Google Groups and do an Advanced Groups Search on the name(s) you
    posted under.

    HTH
    -pk
    Patrick Keenan, Sep 24, 2008
  4. john b hamilton

    Guest

    spooge <> wrote:

    >"john b hamilton" <> wrote in
    >
    >> over the years, what with changing internet provider several times, i
    >> lose track of usenet posts that have been posted in the past.
    >>
    >> is it possible to find these doing a search with regard to the actual
    >> computer that has been used. i.e. using some identity unique to that
    >> computer?

    >Even on a group frequented by Richard 'Stoopid' Bullis, this may be one of
    >the dumbest questions ever asked.

    Not really, just too early.

    In 10 years maybe this can be done, but it's coming, each computer
    (some even now) will have a unique number that can/will identify it.

    Read up on trusted computing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_computing
    ~and think DRM
    --

    1996 McDonalds Hamburger
    http://tinyurl.com/3l2ukt
  5. john b hamilton

    Guest

    spooge <> wrote:

    > wrote in
    >
    >> spooge <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"john b hamilton" <> wrote in

    >>>Even on a group frequented by Richard 'Stoopid' Bullis, this may be
    >>>one of the dumbest questions ever asked.

    >> Not really, just too early.
    >>
    >> In 10 years maybe this can be done, but it's coming, each computer
    >> (some even now) will have a unique number that can/will identify it.

    >> Read up on trusted computing.
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_computing
    >> ~and think DRM

    >That makes it a stupid question in the here and now.

    Agreed, it's just my way of alerting people to what is coming and
    possibly averting it.

    --

    Two Tens
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/30853280@N08/2884652691/sizes/o/