    --
    Bill Splaine, Healdsburg, CA
    Some Of My Woodcarvings: www.picturetrail.com/chips

    WeeWilly, Apr 13, 2006

  2. X-No-Archive: YES
    WeeWilly [] has entered into testimony

    > Is there some utility that I can use to prevent tracking cookies?
    > I've got Adaware and SW SnD on my laptop.. but I continue to get some
    > of the same cookies over and over. When running Adaware.. I put them
    > in Quarantine.. but that doesn't help.. But I'm using the free
    > version. Also, with SW SnD.. is there a function that will ask if
    > you want to accept a cookie.? I've had something turned on a long
    > time ago on a different computerr that asked.. but, it was truely a
    > pain in the butt as it was always asking.. I was hoping there mmght
    > be something out there that would keep "safe" or acceptable cookies
    > and delete others on exit or logout.
    >
    > Thanks again for this newsgroup

    Spywareblaster

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 13, 2006

  3. WeeWilly

    Mellowed Guest

    If using Internet Explorer, Go to TOOLS,
    Click on Internet Options
    Select PRIVACY tab
    Go to ADVANCED
    Check 'Override auto cookie handling'

    Under 1st party cookie, Ck PROMPT
    Under 3rd party cookie, Ck PROMPT

    Ck ' Always allow session cookies' (just my preference)

    Be sure to clean everything.
    Also suggest that under TOOLS, GENERAL,
    Under Temporary Internet Files, click on 'Delete Files', check 'Delete
    Off Line Content' , Click on OK.

    The above will give you some sort of control.

    :
    : Thanks again for this newsgroup
    :
    : --

    Mellowed, Apr 13, 2006
  4. WeeWilly

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    "WeeWilly" <> wrote in

    > Is there some utility that I can use to prevent tracking cookies? I've
    > got Adaware and SW SnD on my laptop.. but I continue to get some of the
    > same cookies over and over. When running Adaware.. I put them in
    > Quarantine.. but that doesn't help.. But I'm using the free version.
    > Also, with SW SnD.. is there a function that will ask if you want to
    > accept a cookie.? I've had something turned on a long time ago on a
    > different computerr that asked.. but, it was truely a pain in the butt
    > as it was always asking.. I was hoping there mmght be something out
    > there that would keep "safe" or acceptable cookies and delete others on
    > exit or logout.
    >
    > Thanks again for this newsgroup

    This is what I do in IE:

    Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Advanced?

    Select Override automatic cookie handling
    Select Block First-party cookies
    Select Block Third-party cookies
    Select Always allow session cookies

    click OK

    This prevents all but session cookies (deleted when you exit IE). If there is a site that requires cookies you will
    need to go to:

    Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Sites and add it in

    For example

    microsoft.com and then click allow

    That's it. Ad-aware never finds tracking cookies on my machine with these settings.

    Fuzzy Logic, Apr 13, 2006
  5. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    Thanks all for the help.. I've given those settings and removed cookies and
    temps.. we'll see if this helps.. I'm sure it will.

    WeeWilly, Apr 14, 2006