    ...and remember................

    KEEP IT STIFF

    Fido

    BOBFIDDAMAN, Oct 12, 2003

  2. BOBFIDDAMAN

    °Mike° Guest

    Spyware Blaster

    Spybot Search & Destroy (use the 'Immunize' feature)
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Manage your cookies

    Cookie Pal
    http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html

    On 12 Oct 2003 16:26:10 GMT, in
    <>
    BOBFIDDAMAN scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2003

  3. BOBFIDDAMAN

    Ionizer Guest

    "BOBFIDDAMAN" <> wrote in message
    > Every time I run ad aware after a session surfing the web it finds the

    same old
    > cookies. Data Miner. How can I stop these bombarding my machine?
    >
    > Bob
    > ..and remember................
    >
    > KEEP IT STIFF

    Thanks for the tip. I've been taking note of the names of the data miner
    cookies AdAware finds and then looking up the source here:
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/Search/query.asp I've then been adding those web
    sites into my IE "restricted sites" zone in this format for example:
    *.adserver.com. Following this procedure, I tend to not get the same data
    mining cookies again.

    Regards,
    Ian

    Ionizer, Oct 12, 2003
  4. BOBFIDDAMAN

    Mike0000 Guest

    BOBFIDDAMAN wrote:

    > Every time I run ad aware after a session surfing the web it finds the same old
    > cookies. Data Miner. How can I stop these bombarding my machine?

    My ad blocking project (below) blocks a significant amount of spyware
    cookies because it blocks the ad servers they originate from.

    Also, if you use Ad Aware on occasion it ruins their tracking abilities
    because they have to assume you're a new person, thus making their BS
    efforts to data mine the web even worse.

    --
    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now

    Mike0000, Oct 12, 2003
  5. BOBFIDDAMAN

    Mellowed Guest

    Cookie Pal suggested by 'Mike' solved the same problem for me. It has a 30
    day free trial. Try it. If you like it, it is only $20 if I remember
    correctly.

    : Every time I run ad aware after a session surfing the web it finds the
    same old
    : cookies. Data Miner. How can I stop these bombarding my machine?
    :
    : Bob
    : ..and remember................
    :