    nunya Guest

    Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
    avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

    nunya, Sep 28, 2003

  2. nunya

    Brian H¹© Guest

    nunya said:

    > Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
    > avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

    Install a hosts file.
    Check my software page.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Sep 28, 2003

  3. nunya

    °Mike° Guest

    Anti-spyware:
    ---------------------
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    Outpost firewall has a content plug-in that allows
    you to block sites.

    Also, consider the hosts file:
    http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:53:01 GMT, in
    <>
    nunya scrawled:

    >Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
    >avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 28, 2003
  4. nunya

    Brendon Guest

    Just go into your cookies folder and delete all or some of your cookies.

    Brendon, Sep 28, 2003
  5. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:53:01 GMT, nunya wrote

    > Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
    > avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

    I use PurgeIE (www.purgeie.com) for this task -- not free, but usable
    for 14 non-consecutive days. I was hooked on it after trying it out.

    It cleans out all of this crud, along with the cache, history
    (including *.dat files that you can only delete in DOS), stray cookies,
    temp files, visited URLs, everything. (You can protect cookies and
    cache you want to keep, of course; very configurable.)

    I'm not sure if there's a freeware utility that does as much (I haven't
    bothered searching for one since I found this.)

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey

    For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Sep 28, 2003
  6. nunya

    lsj7 Guest

    nunya wrote:
    > Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
    > avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

    Most cookie get-rid-of-erz's usually don't get rid of them all. That is why
    one should use more than one or two tools to do the chore. Another free one
    is

    www.winpatrol.com

    --
    lsj7

    "Germany is sheerly swallowed up by the merchants and companies, by
    means of usury. Usury lives all secure in Germany, and rages as if he
    were God and lord in all lands; no one may oppose him."
    _____________Martin Luther

    lsj7, Sep 29, 2003