    they are potential danger. I have tried to the "remove infections"but it
    will not remove, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

    Lethal, Sep 4, 2009

  2. Lethal

    Guest

    "Lethal" <> wrote:

    >Please ,can anyone help me on this subject, every time that I open "live
    >messenger" I get a Residential shield alert as follows: found tracking
    >cookie. Atdm also found a tracking cookie doubleclic, it is telling me that
    >they are potential danger. I have tried to the "remove infections"but it
    >will not remove, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
    >Thank you

    yesterday I ran spybot, it's the first time I had more that one
    problem (that being my autoupdates were disabled) which is how I want
    it.

    Spybot must of changed, I had a large list of tracking cookies, I took
    the time to add each tracking cookie website to my HOSTS file.

    But run spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html I wouldn't
    be surprised if everybody in this group had it installed on their
    windows computers.

    And no a tracking cookie is only a potential danger in the fact that
    they can follow where you have been (on websites or ads they monitor)
    --

    Even schools have their moments
    http://nsharp.org/gallery/user-uploaded/65.jpg

    , Sep 4, 2009

  3. Lethal

    Lethal Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Lethal" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Please ,can anyone help me on this subject, every time that I open "live
    >>messenger" I get a Residential shield alert as follows: found tracking
    >>cookie. Atdm also found a tracking cookie doubleclic, it is telling me
    >>that
    >>they are potential danger. I have tried to the "remove infections"but it
    >>will not remove, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
    >>Thank you
    >>

    > yesterday I ran spybot, it's the first time I had more that one
    > problem (that being my autoupdates were disabled) which is how I want
    > it.
    >
    > Spybot must of changed, I had a large list of tracking cookies, I took
    > the time to add each tracking cookie website to my HOSTS file.
    >
    > But run spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html I wouldn't
    > be surprised if everybody in this group had it installed on their
    > windows computers.
    >
    > And no a tracking cookie is only a potential danger in the fact that
    > they can follow where you have been (on websites or ads they monitor)
    > --
    >
    > Even schools have their moments

    Thank you Pennywise for your advice, I have downloaded "spybot"as you said
    and it looks like it might have worked, the scan with the program shows no
    more alerts, but how do I get rid of the trcking cookies in the "alert
    shield" please?
    Thank you very much

    Lethal, Sep 4, 2009
  4. Lethal

    chuckcar Guest

    "Lethal" <> wrote in news:Jldom.5795$:

    > Thank you Pennywise for your advice, I have downloaded "spybot"as you
    > said and it looks like it might have worked, the scan with the program
    > shows no more alerts, but how do I get rid of the trcking cookies in the
    > "alert shield" please?
    > Thank you very much

    Just delete your temporary internet files and cookies in Internet
    Explorer.

    Tools->Internet options. Right in the middle of the pane. If you do all
    three (offline files as well is three) and clear your history, you have
    nothing stored from the internet and where you've been on the internet is
    virtually impossible for any normal user to figure out - even using *your*
    computer.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 5, 2009
  5. Lethal

    Guest

    "Lethal" <> wrote:

    >Thank you Pennywise for your advice, I have downloaded "spybot"as you said
    >and it looks like it might have worked, the scan with the program shows no
    >more alerts, but how do I get rid of the trcking cookies in the "alert
    >shield" please?

    Needed to google "Residential shield alert" first hit. Your running
    AVG. From PCmag.com http://preview.tinyurl.com/metd6j

    Don't know what "remove threat as Power User" is but I'd hit F1 (or
    hit the help button) and read up on it. I don't run AVG.

    This is your call, looking at the picture (video doesn't work for me)
    showing an alert for C:\program files\antispystorm\uninstall.exe
    I'd ignore it, then research, or copy it to this site
    http://virusscan.jotti.org/en

    If you were going to uninstall a program and that came up (the
    pcmag.com pix), there is no hurry, AVG will wait for a click for
    hours, you can still check the file out while AVG is on hold.

    If you have any concerns of what the alert is about hit move to vault
    - but me I'd want to know if there was really a problem with a file
    before deleting it or placing in the vault (most programs encrypt
    those files and you can't work with them anymore).

    I'd also guess you haven't configured your OS to view all files, you
    really should do this so you have access to any file you have
    questions about.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp

    But do use the help file, and read up on AVG
    --

    Even schools have their moments
    http://nsharp.org/gallery/user-uploaded/65.jpg

    , Sep 5, 2009