Tracking a user

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sol Rosenburg, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. How do I go about finding out the files opened by a previous user ?

    Sol Rosenburg, Dec 10, 2005

  2. Sol Rosenburg

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-12-10, Sol Rosenburg <> wrote:

    > How do I go about finding out the files opened by a previous user ?

    Ask them?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 10, 2005

  3. cmon

    Sol Rosenburg, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Sol Rosenburg wrote:
    > How do I go about finding out the files opened by a previous user ?

    Depends on a lot of things. It may not be possible at all. You can open
    regedit and slog through a search of all the MRU's (Most Recently Used)
    and see if you recognize anything. Any way you can narrow it down
    instead of just any file anywhere in all that mess?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 11, 2005
  5. Sol Rosenburg

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-12-11, Sol Rosenburg <> wrote:
    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2005-12-10, Sol Rosenburg <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> How do I go about finding out the files opened by a previous user ?

    >> Ask them?

    > cmon

    You appear to be using a Windows news-reader, so assuming that the files
    concerned are stored on a Windows computer system, asking the user may be
    the only way. Unless you have a key-logger running, or some other
    'tracking' software, in which case you wouldn't be asking ... ;))

    If the files are on paper then you could try checking for finger-prints or
    DNA traces, I suppose <G>

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 11, 2005
  6. Sol Rosenburg

    Stickems. Guest

    Start/documents

    Stickems., Dec 11, 2005
  7. Sol Rosenburg

    Dan Evans Guest

    > How do I go about finding out the files opened by a previous user ?

    Turn on file auditing.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Dec 12, 2005