    if so please provide some details how can it be done.

    thx,
    Marek

    marek, May 10, 2005

  2. "marek" <> wrote in message
    news:d5q5ne$ccs$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any way to track down all VoIP devices on lan/wan networks ?

    you mean IPPhones ?
    or voice gateways ... or ?

    Ciscoworks got tracking utility for IP Phones, with Cisco Call Managers

    Martin Bilgrav, May 10, 2005

  3. marek

    Brad Guest

    What do you mean by VOIP devices on WAN networks?

    Nmap is a scanning tool that can do OS fingerprinting. Depending on the
    size of your network you could scan the entire IP block you use and try
    to ID each device. Presumably all devices should be fingerprinted as
    Windows, Cisco, Unix, linux, etc. If you get one that doesn't seem
    familiar then you might want to investigate further.

    IMHO I would get written permission from someone in your company who
    has that authority before doing any kind of scanning.

    Brad, May 10, 2005
  4. Depends on the "VoIP device" What is the goal? Weed out rogue users?

    You can look for various port numbers, but different systems use different
    port numbers. Skype is esepcially clever about moving to different ports.

    There are professional solutions that seek out VoIP users, such as
    http://www.narus.com/
    and open source programs that sniff for RTP and RTCP
    http://www.enderunix.org/voipong/

    What is your goal?

    Phillip Remaker, May 11, 2005