    My family name is: Cant
    thanks,
    Mick.

    Mick, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Mick

    Snapshot Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi would anyone know of a news group that talks about tracing family
    > history, or how to go about starting.
    > My family name is: Cant
    > thanks,
    > Mick.

    Try this one:

    soc.genealogy.britain

    or whichever area you are looking at.

    Snapshot, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Mick

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mick wrote:
    > Hi would anyone know of a news group that talks about tracing family
    > history, or how to go about starting.
    > My family name is: Cant

    Your provider is in London, so I'll assume you're a Brit.

    I'd say the newsgroups soc.genealogy.britain, and the s.g.brit faq/s
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/barry.ruck/ and the genuki faq
    http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/faq.html for starters.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 21, 2005
  4. Mick

    birch Guest

    http://www.google.com
    search for "ancestry" or "family tree"

    birch, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Mick

    Pilbs Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi would anyone know of a news group that talks about tracing family
    > history, or how to go about starting.
    > My family name is: Cant
    > thanks,
    > Mick.

    As well as what the others have suggested see also
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/familyhistory/index.shtml

    Pilbs, Jun 21, 2005
  6. Mick

    SgtMinor Guest

    Mick wrote:

    > Hi would anyone know of a news group that talks about tracing family
    > history, or how to go about starting.
    > My family name is: Cant
    > thanks,
    > Mick.

    Did the Cants often intermarry with the Couldnts?

    --
    Your family tree is just like yo' mama said.

    SgtMinor, Jun 22, 2005
  7. Mick

    WormWood Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi would anyone know of a news group that talks about tracing family
    > history, or how to go about starting.
    > My family name is: Cant
    > thanks,
    > Mick.

    Too bad you aren't from the southern us.

    WormWood, Jun 22, 2005
  8. Mick

    Pat Guest

    You could try Genes reunited. I found a sister that I never new I had from
    there. Easy to use and very good.

    Pat, Jun 22, 2005
  9. Mick

    Mick Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    > You could try Genes reunited. I found a sister that I never new I had from
    > there. Easy to use and very good.

    Many thanks to all for answering, I am at least on the road now,

    Mick.

    Mick, Jun 23, 2005