    dump.

    Trace route is no good because there is a fire wall in the way

    Thanks
    rc@die@you@!spammers.sandworm.demon.co.uk, Nov 7, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    rc@die@you@!spammers.sandworm.demon.co.uk wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a routing problem where by I am un able to reach a network
    > separated by 4 CISCO router of various models.
    >
    > I can get a ping out of the third router out the chain, but not any
    > further. The router in question is a CISCO 1760.
    >
    > My question is there a command within the router which will show me
    > what it is doing with the coming from the remote network like TCP
    > dump.

    show ip packet <acl>

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA
    Barry Margolin, Nov 7, 2004

  3. rc@die@you@!spammers.sandworm.demon.co.uk

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <>, rc@die says...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a routing problem where by I am un able to reach a network
    > separated by 4 CISCO router of various models.
    >
    > I can get a ping out of the third router out the chain, but not any
    > further. The router in question is a CISCO 1760.
    >
    > My question is there a command within the router which will show me
    > what it is doing with the coming from the remote network like TCP
    > dump.
    >
    > Trace route is no good because there is a fire wall in the way

    There's a thing called 'debug ip packet [<access-list>]' which will dump
    all packets router is seeing (don't forget to switch off cef or fast
    switching - only works with process switching).

    Do NOT EVER run this command in production network beacuse it can stop
    router if there's a lot of traffic to handle.

    HTH,

    --
    -Ivan.

    *** Use Rot13 to see my eMail address *
    Ivan Ostreš, Nov 7, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    :I have a routing problem where by I am un able to reach a network
    :separated by 4 CISCO router of various models.

    :I can get a ping out of the third router out the chain, but not any
    :further. The router in question is a CISCO 1760.

    :My question is there a command within the router which will show me
    :what it is doing with the coming from the remote network like TCP
    :dump.

    Try looking into the 'debug' series of commands; you should also
    look up 'logging' configuration for more information on how to get
    the debug output sent to your session.
    --
    So you found your solution
    What will be your last contribution?
    Walter Roberson, Nov 7, 2004
  5. rc@die@you@!spammers.sandworm.demon.co.uk

    PES Guest

    rc@die@you@!spammers.sandworm.demon.co.uk wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a routing problem where by I am un able to reach a network
    > separated by 4 CISCO router of various models.
    >
    > I can get a ping out of the third router out the chain, but not any
    > further. The router in question is a CISCO 1760.
    >
    > My question is there a command within the router which will show me
    > what it is doing with the coming from the remote network like TCP
    > dump.
    >
    > Trace route is no good because there is a fire wall in the way
    >
    > Thanks

    You could use a udp or tcp traceroute utility. You can verify the
    routing tables on the routers you have control of with show ip route.
    PES, Nov 7, 2004
  6. rc@die@you@!spammers.sandworm.demon.co.uk

    rc Guest

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 12:57:38 -0500, PES
    <pestewart*NOSPAM*@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >rc@die@you@!spammers.sandworm.demon.co.uk wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have a routing problem where by I am un able to reach a network
    >> separated by 4 CISCO router of various models.
    >>
    >> I can get a ping out of the third router out the chain, but not any
    >> further. The router in question is a CISCO 1760.
    >>
    >> My question is there a command within the router which will show me
    >> what it is doing with the coming from the remote network like TCP
    >> dump.
    >>
    >> Trace route is no good because there is a fire wall in the way
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    >You could use a udp or tcp traceroute utility. You can verify the
    >routing tables on the routers you have control of with show ip route.

    Thanks every one, that did the trick, probelm fixed
    rc, Nov 8, 2004