    so you could see where in the world (country, city) your attacker was... but
    now i dont find this script on their site any more... anyone knows where i
    can find a program like this or a similar tool?

    Jimmie Moberg, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Jimmie Moberg

    Kleeb Guest

    On Monday 09 August 2004 19:56, Jimmie Moberg schrieb :

    > for some time ago symantec had a javascript that did a "global traceroute"
    > so you could see where in the world (country, city) your attacker was...
    > but now i dont find this script on their site any more... anyone knows
    > where i can find a program like this or a similar tool?

    Have you tried SamSpade ? I'm positive it does a traceroute function, and
    just about everything else too.

    http://www.samspade.org/

    Cordially,

    Kleeb.

    Kleeb, Aug 10, 2004

  3. "Kleeb" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > On Monday 09 August 2004 19:56, Jimmie Moberg schrieb :
    >
    > > for some time ago symantec had a javascript that did a "global

    traceroute"
    > > so you could see where in the world (country, city) your attacker was...
    > > but now i dont find this script on their site any more... anyone knows
    > > where i can find a program like this or a similar tool?

    > Have you tried SamSpade ? I'm positive it does a traceroute function, and
    > just about everything else too.
    >
    > http://www.samspade.org/
    >
    > Cordially,
    >
    > Kleeb.

    i have sam spade it's ok but for tracerouting it's equal with tracert i
    think... what i want is a program that can show me a map (the world) and
    when i trace my attackers it shows me wherefrom they are (country and city)
    like symantec had on their site...

    Jimmie Moberg, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Jimmie Moberg

    Chuck Guest

    On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:46:01 GMT, "Jimmie Moberg" <*email_address_deleted*>
    wrote:

    >"Kleeb" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> On Monday 09 August 2004 19:56, Jimmie Moberg schrieb :
    >>
    >> > for some time ago symantec had a javascript that did a "global

    >traceroute"
    >> > so you could see where in the world (country, city) your attacker was...
    >> > but now i dont find this script on their site any more... anyone knows
    >> > where i can find a program like this or a similar tool?

    >> Have you tried SamSpade ? I'm positive it does a traceroute function, and
    >> just about everything else too.
    >>
    >> http://www.samspade.org/
    >>
    >> Cordially,
    >>
    >> Kleeb.
    >>

    >i have sam spade it's ok but for tracerouting it's equal with tracert i
    >think... what i want is a program that can show me a map (the world) and
    >when i trace my attackers it shows me wherefrom they are (country and city)
    >like symantec had on their site...

    Jimmie,

    I use <http://visualroute.visualware.com>. You'll have to register with VW, but
    if you don't want to give them your email, you can get a temporary email address
    at <http://www.mailinator.com/mailinator/Welcome.do> and use that.

    Cheers,
    Chuck

    Chuck, Aug 10, 2004
  5. Jimmie Moberg

    _Vanguard_ Guest

    "Jimmie Moberg" <>
    wrote in news:TNPRc.133$:
    > for some time ago symantec had a javascript that did a "global
    > traceroute" so you could see where in the world (country, city) your
    > attacker was... but now i dont find this script on their site any
    > more... anyone knows where i can find a program like this or a
    > similar tool?

    http://security.symantec.com/ssc

    Click on "Trace a potential attack".

    (E-mail: domain = ".com", add "=NEWS=" to Subject)

    _Vanguard_, Aug 10, 2004
  6. "_Vanguard_" <do-not-email@reply-to-group> skrev i meddelandet
    > "Jimmie Moberg" <>
    > wrote in news:TNPRc.133$:
    > > for some time ago symantec had a javascript that did a "global
    > > traceroute" so you could see where in the world (country, city) your
    > > attacker was... but now i dont find this script on their site any
    > > more... anyone knows where i can find a program like this or a
    > > similar tool?

    > http://security.symantec.com/ssc
    >
    > Click on "Trace a potential attack".

    > *** Post replies to newsgroup. Share with others.
    > (E-mail: domain = ".com", add "=NEWS=" to Subject)

    wtf =) i thought i looked through that entire page... thanx mate

    Jimmie Moberg, Aug 10, 2004
  7. Jimmie Moberg

    Kleeb Guest

    On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:56:51 +0000, Jimmie Moberg schrieb :

    > for some time ago symantec had a javascript that did a "global traceroute"
    > so you could see where in the world (country, city) your attacker was...
    > but now i dont find this script on their site any more... anyone knows
    > where i can find a program like this or a similar tool?

    Ah, just googled the other program I was trying to remember last night :

    http://www.neotrace.com

    Cordially,

    Kleeb.

    Kleeb, Aug 10, 2004
  8. Jimmie Moberg

    ev0l Guest

    > i have sam spade it's ok but for tracerouting it's equal with tracert i
    > think... what i want is a program that can show me a map (the world) and
    > when i trace my attackers it shows me wherefrom they are (country and

    city)
    > like symantec had on their site...

    Try Neotrace Pro. It has the map.

    ev0l, Aug 19, 2004