Trace this guy and shut him down?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ellis_jay, Jun 30, 2006.

  1. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down? He has posted this
    about 25 times and has been a pest for the last 2-3 weeks with his feuding
    with another poster named Ron. There has been bodily threats tossed back
    and forth between them. The regulars in the group are staying out of it,
    but this imposter is interferring (sp) with downloads and contests over at
    Rec.gambling.racing. There is one poster in the group that does post from
    Tampa, Florida, and I could give the header-and I will do in a follow up.
    If the imposter and the regular poster from Tampa are one and the same, then
    I suppose then that I will not follow up with passing the info gleaned from
    this group. The real Ron and the regular from Tampa are fussing, but this
    phony Ron may be another person. Bunch of shit.

    A friend of mine runs a tip sheet booth iat a California horse racetrack.
    The regular poaster from Tampa has indicated he wants to visit my friend at
    the California track when the horses break. My friend has indicated to me
    that if the regular Tampa guy is the phony Ron then he would be uneasy
    receiving a visit from a "nut". That is the underlying reason for this
    "RF-little-"c"

    tia


    Path:
    border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!newshub.sdsu.edu!logbridge.u
    oregon.edu!canoe.uoregon.edu!newsfeed.news.ucla.edu!newsfeed.berkeley.edu!uc
    berkeley!ctu-gate!news.nctu.edu.tw!news.ntu.edu.tw!news.ndhu.edu.tw!not-for-
    mail
    From: ron <>
    Newsgroups: rec.gambling.racing
    Subject: Re: Saturday classic 7/01
    Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:18:00 -0400
    Organization: °ê¥ßªFµØ¤j¾Ç InterNetNews site
    Lines: 64
    Message-ID: <e83fb9$2f0n$>
    References: <e83b6l$2b7u$>
    NNTP-Posting-Host: pool-71-122-202-214.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net
    Mime-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    X-Trace: news.ndhu.edu.tw 1151680682 80919 71.122.202.214 (30 Jun 2006
    15:18:02 GMT)
    X-Complaints-To:
    NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:18:02 +0000 (UTC)
    User-Agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 (Windows/20060516)
    In-Reply-To: <e83b6l$2b7u$>
    Xref: number1.nntp.dca.giganews.com rec.gambling.racing:67006

    ********************The REAL TAMPA GUY*********

    HERE:
    Path:
    border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.co
    m!cyclone1.gnilink.net!spamkiller.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!trnddc03.POSTED!70
    f12b95!not-for-mail
    From: spOOkie <deletedbyellis
    @netzero.compost>
    User-Agent: Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 (Windows/20060516)
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Newsgroups: alt.sport.horse-racing
    Subject: Re: Dialogue about Jesus Christ
    References: <>
    <86Uog.20633$Gh.14644@trnddc02>
    <>
    In-Reply-To: <>
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    Lines: 37
    Message-ID: <5vapg.17$iW2.11@trnddc03>
    Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:25:05 GMT
    NNTP-Posting-Host: 71.122.202.214
    X-Complaints-To:
    X-Trace: trnddc03 1151677505 71.122.202.214 (Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:25:05 EDT)
    NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:25:05 EDT
    Xref: number1.nntp.dca.giganews.com alt.sport.horse-racing:122189

    I deleted his name from the header.

    WHAt say you? ( Damn! I am sounding like Bill O'Reilly-SOmEBoDy sToP mE,
    pULEEzE!)





    --

    Let the unseen day be. Today is more than enough.

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Jun 30, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. ellis_jay

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <> wrote:
    > Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down? He has posted this


    What?

    > about 25 times and has been a pest for the last 2-3 weeks with his feuding
    > with another poster named Ron. There has been bodily threats tossed back
    > and forth between them. The regulars in the group are staying out of it,
    > but this imposter is interferring (sp) with downloads and contests over at
    > Rec.gambling.racing. There is one poster in the group that does post from
    > Tampa, Florida, and I could give the header-and I will do in a follow up.
    > If the imposter and the regular poster from Tampa are one and the same, then
    > I suppose then that I will not follow up with passing the info gleaned from
    > this group. The real Ron and the regular from Tampa are fussing, but this
    > phony Ron may be another person. Bunch of shit.


    snip


    Forget about 'Tampa, Florida' as a useful clue for whatever it is that's
    bothering you.

    If there are two posters with similar posting names, look carefully at the
    headers of each to tell them apart.

    Is

    From: ron <>
    Newsgroups: rec.gambling.racing
    Subject: Re: Saturday classic 7/01
    Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:17:34 -0400
    Message-ID: <e83faf$2f0n$>
    NNTP-Posting-Host: pool-71-122-202-214.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net
    X-Complaints-To:

    the same person as

    From: "ron" <>
    Newsgroups: alt.sport.horse-racing
    Subject: Re: Dialogue about Jesus Christ
    Date: 29 Jun 2006 18:01:34 -0700
    Message-ID: <>
    NNTP-Posting-Host: 64.136.26.226
    X-Complaints-To:

    (you decide).


    Is

    From: spOOkie <>
    Newsgroups: alt.sport.horse-racing
    Subject: Re: Dialogue about Jesus Christ
    Message-ID: <86Uog.20633$Gh.14644@trnddc02>
    Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:29:40 GMT
    NNTP-Posting-Host: 71.98.217.208
    X-Complaints-To:

    The same person as either of them? Again, you decide.

    As long as all those people use consistent identities (ie the stuff you
    don't want to see always comes from the same one) then it's easy enough to
    'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's filtering abilities
    (people reading via Google Groups are out of luck, they'll just have to
    use their own brains to do the ignoring).

    If you really think that someone is breaking the 'terms of service' of
    their news-service provider then contact the 'abuse' or 'complaints'
    address mentioned in the headers of their articles.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    -- ~~~~~~~~~~
    Whiskers, Jun 30, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <> wrote:
    >> Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down? He has posted
    >> this

    >
    > What?
    >
    >> about 25 times and has been a pest for the last 2-3 weeks with his
    >> feuding with another poster named Ron. There has been bodily
    >> threats tossed back and forth between them. The regulars in the
    >> group are staying out of it, but this imposter is interferring (sp)
    >> with downloads and contests over at Rec.gambling.racing. There is
    >> one poster in the group that does post from Tampa, Florida, and I
    >> could give the header-and I will do in a follow up. If the imposter
    >> and the regular poster from Tampa are one and the same, then I
    >> suppose then that I will not follow up with passing the info gleaned
    >> from this group. The real Ron and the regular from Tampa are
    >> fussing, but this phony Ron may be another person. Bunch of shit.

    >
    > snip
    >
    >
    > Forget about 'Tampa, Florida' as a useful clue for whatever it is
    > that's bothering you.
    >
    > If there are two posters with similar posting names, look carefully
    > at the headers of each to tell them apart.
    >
    > Is
    >
    > From: ron <>
    > Newsgroups: rec.gambling.racing
    > Subject: Re: Saturday classic 7/01
    > Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:17:34 -0400
    > Message-ID: <e83faf$2f0n$>
    > NNTP-Posting-Host: pool-71-122-202-214.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net
    > X-Complaints-To:
    >
    > the same person as
    >
    > From: "ron" <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.sport.horse-racing
    > Subject: Re: Dialogue about Jesus Christ
    > Date: 29 Jun 2006 18:01:34 -0700
    > Message-ID: <>
    > NNTP-Posting-Host: 64.136.26.226
    > X-Complaints-To:
    >
    > (you decide).
    >
    >
    > Is
    >
    > From: spOOkie <

    @netzero.compost>
    > Newsgroups: alt.sport.horse-racing
    > Subject: Re: Dialogue about Jesus Christ
    > Message-ID: <86Uog.20633$Gh.14644@trnddc02>
    > Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:29:40 GMT
    > NNTP-Posting-Host: 71.98.217.208
    > X-Complaints-To:
    >
    > The same person as either of them? Again, you decide.
    >
    > As long as all those people use consistent identities (ie the stuff
    > you don't want to see always comes from the same one) then it's easy
    > enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
    > filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
    > luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).
    >
    > If you really think that someone is breaking the 'terms of service' of
    > their news-service provider then contact the 'abuse' or 'complaints'
    > address mentioned in the headers of their articles.


    Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!

    --

    Let the unseen day be. Today is more than enough.

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Jun 30, 2006
    #3
  4. ellis_jay

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    >> On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <> wrote:
    >>> Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down? He has posted
    >>> this

    >>
    >> What?


    snip

    >> As long as all those people use consistent identities (ie the stuff
    >> you don't want to see always comes from the same one) then it's easy
    >> enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
    >> filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
    >> luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).
    >>
    >> If you really think that someone is breaking the 'terms of service' of
    >> their news-service provider then contact the 'abuse' or 'complaints'
    >> address mentioned in the headers of their articles.

    >
    > Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!


    If that's the thanks I get, then yes, why did I bother? If there is some
    part of my reply that you don't understand, ask for further clarification.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    -- ~~~~~~~~~~
    Whiskers, Jun 30, 2006
    #4
  5. Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <> wrote:
    >
    >>Whiskers wrote:
    >>
    >>>On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down? He has posted
    >>>>this
    >>>
    >>>What?

    >
    >
    > snip
    >
    >
    >>>As long as all those people use consistent identities (ie the stuff
    >>>you don't want to see always comes from the same one) then it's easy
    >>>enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
    >>>filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
    >>>luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).
    >>>
    >>>If you really think that someone is breaking the 'terms of service' of
    >>>their news-service provider then contact the 'abuse' or 'complaints'
    >>>address mentioned in the headers of their articles.

    >>
    >>Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!

    >
    >
    > If that's the thanks I get, then yes, why did I bother? If there is some
    > part of my reply that you don't understand, ask for further clarification.


    He didn't want you to be clear, he wanted you to hunt down this guy(s)
    and shut them down.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 30, 2006
    #5
  6. ellis_jay

    Mike Easter Guest

    ellis_jay wrote:

    > Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down?


    Not what you want. Trollish ng behavior isn't likely to get him 'shut
    down'. He is most likely posting from hir own broadband connectivity
    provider from a Tampa FL dsl IP tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net via a
    'free/open' .tw newsserver news.ndhu.edu.tw sometimes.

    200 news.ndhu.edu.tw InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.2 (20040707
    prerelease) ready (posting ok).

    You can complaint to his verizon provider but the most of his identity
    'spoofing' is a 'legal' form of spoofing - he is only using the same
    handle as ron sometimes, not the same email address, except
    occasionally.

    The spOOkie persona "Jim Bodini" is openly spoofing ron and taunting him
    without covering his trail, posting with his IP exposed in both the
    verizon and the National Dong Hwa University news servers. Also, the
    dsl IP sticks a pretty long time without changing. There is no current
    evidence that that IP is compromised, and the spOOkie persona has been
    using it for some time, even when he and ron were friendly.

    > this imposter is interferring (sp)
    > with downloads and contests over at Rec.gambling.racing.


    Just filter it out. If your newsagent doesn't filter well, you'll have
    to either do it mentally or get a different newsagent.


    ellis_jay wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:


    >> it's easy
    >> enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
    >> filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
    >> luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).


    > Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!


    You are the one who is wasting time working on a project which should
    simply be ignored/filtered.



    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 30, 2006
    #6
  7. ellis_jay

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-06-30, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    >> On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <> wrote:


    snip

    >> If that's the thanks I get, then yes, why did I bother? If there is some
    >> part of my reply that you don't understand, ask for further clarification.

    >
    > He didn't want you to be clear, he wanted you to hunt down this guy(s)
    > and shut them down.


    He can do his own hunting; I've shown him the spoor but it's up to him to
    do the tracking and get his own supper.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    -- ~~~~~~~~~~
    Whiskers, Jun 30, 2006
    #7
  8. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <> wrote:
    >> Whiskers wrote:
    >>> On 2006-06-30, ellis_jay <> wrote:
    >>>> Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down? He has posted
    >>>> this
    >>>
    >>> What?

    >
    > snip
    >
    >>> As long as all those people use consistent identities (ie the stuff
    >>> you don't want to see always comes from the same one) then it's easy
    >>> enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
    >>> filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
    >>> luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).
    >>>
    >>> If you really think that someone is breaking the 'terms of service'
    >>> of their news-service provider then contact the 'abuse' or
    >>> 'complaints' address mentioned in the headers of their articles.

    >>
    >> Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!

    >
    > If that's the thanks I get, then yes, why did I bother? If there is
    > some part of my reply that you don't understand, ask for further
    > clarification.


    Sorry. Thanx. But my point was that basically you just "told" me what I
    basically posted in the first instance. But Thanx for your time.

    --

    Let the unseen day be. Today is more than enough.

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Jun 30, 2006
    #8
  9. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > ellis_jay wrote:
    >
    >> Is there anyway to trace this guy and shut him down?

    >
    > Not what you want. Trollish ng behavior isn't likely to get him 'shut
    > down'. He is most likely posting from hir own broadband connectivity
    > provider from a Tampa FL dsl IP tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net via a
    > 'free/open' .tw newsserver news.ndhu.edu.tw sometimes.
    >
    > 200 news.ndhu.edu.tw InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.2 (20040707
    > prerelease) ready (posting ok).
    >
    > You can complaint to his verizon provider but the most of his identity
    > 'spoofing' is a 'legal' form of spoofing - he is only using the same
    > handle as ron sometimes, not the same email address, except
    > occasionally.
    >
    > The spOOkie persona "Jim Bodini" is openly spoofing ron and taunting
    > him without covering his trail, posting with his IP exposed in both
    > the verizon and the National Dong Hwa University news servers. Also,
    > the dsl IP sticks a pretty long time without changing. There is no
    > current evidence that that IP is compromised, and the spOOkie persona
    > has been using it for some time, even when he and ron were friendly.
    >
    >> this imposter is interferring (sp)
    >> with downloads and contests over at Rec.gambling.racing.

    >
    > Just filter it out. If your newsagent doesn't filter well, you'll
    > have to either do it mentally or get a different newsagent.
    >
    >
    > ellis_jay wrote:
    >> Whiskers wrote:

    >
    >>> it's easy
    >>> enough to 'block' or 'plonk' that one using your newsreader's
    >>> filtering abilities (people reading via Google Groups are out of
    >>> luck, they'll just have to use their own brains to do the ignoring).

    >
    >> Why did you wase your time? Sheesh!

    >
    > You are the one who is wasting time working on a project which should
    > simply be ignored/filtered.


    I agree. I wasted my time and other's time and should have kept my nose on
    the sideline. I don't want to kill file or filter either of those guys so I
    will continue to waste my time clicking on a post and seeing if it is the
    real deal.....or not. Thanx to all that responded.

    --

    Let the unseen day be. Today is more than enough.

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Jul 1, 2006
    #9
  10. ellis_jay

    Rectum Burn Guest

    "ellis_jay" <> said in
    news::

    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> ellis_jay wrote:

    <snip>
    > I agree. I wasted my time and other's time and should have kept my
    > nose on the sideline.


    At least you are beginning to get some of the "Almighty Kl00."

    >I don't want to kill file or filter either of
    > those guys so I will continue to waste my time clicking on a post and
    > seeing if it is the real deal.....or not. Thanx to all that
    > responded.


    Kill files are your friend, fuckwit.

    Rectum Burrrrrrn


    Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php
    Rectum Burn, Jul 1, 2006
    #10
  11. ellis_jay

    John Holmes Guest

    Rectum Burn "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "ellis_jay" <> said in
    > news::
    >
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>> ellis_jay wrote:

    > <snip>
    >> I agree. I wasted my time and other's time and should have kept my
    >> nose on the sideline.

    >
    > At least you are beginning to get some of the "Almighty Kl00."
    >
    >>I don't want to kill file or filter either of
    >> those guys so I will continue to waste my time clicking on a post and
    >> seeing if it is the real deal.....or not. Thanx to all that
    >> responded.

    >
    > Kill files are your friend, fuckwit.
    >
    > Rectum Burrrrrrn
    >
    >
    > Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
    > http://www.x-privat.org/join.php
    >


    You always manage to keep your neck above water. We can tell by the color
    of it.

    --
    Your mother was an infested pygmy who ate rats in a secure compound.
    John Holmes, Jul 1, 2006
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Ray Horton

    Won't power down when shut down

    Ray Horton, Aug 27, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    613
    Cicero
    Aug 27, 2003
  2. Bun Mui
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    695
  3. nash123

    Sporadic Power Down / Shut Down Problems

    nash123, Jul 26, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    2,908
    nash123
    Aug 24, 2005
  4. Guy Macon (Guy Macon)

    GUY MACON HAS NO COLLEGE DEGREE (Guy Macon, pseudo-engineer Guy Macon)

    Guy Macon (Guy Macon), Feb 4, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    428
    Guy Macon (Guy Macon)
    Feb 4, 2005
  5. Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs -  Siegert, Knut

    Problem of not knowing a famous Star Email Adress, if one of you know him please drop him a note

    Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs - Siegert, Knut, Oct 12, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    563
    Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs - Siegert, Knut
    Oct 12, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page